The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Dafuq was the Paul Bearer segment with Orton and Kane all about? Was that really necessary? Are the WWE trying to give every relevant guy in their allumni some scrren time for a particular reason?

Traditionally Orton's and Kane's angles have been shite. With the exeption of the Orton/Taker feud a few years back, with the dummy Undertakers in coffins and the like.

I see Shane Douglas' ECW revival promotion's debut show on Saturday has almost sold out the building they're running in - which holds over 3000, meaning it'll have a bigger crowd than any real ECW show in Philly ever did. :o I get people being cynical about it, thinking it'll just be a load of broken down has-beens doing their best Randy the Ram impersonation, but I know a few of the people behind it, and I can see this being something to really change wrestling. They're introducing a lot of new talent fairly quickly, and even the ECW Originals are being expected to be in shape and working well if they want to be near the top of the card. Wee chance of Paul Heyman getting involved, as well, and some TV companies have already shown an interest.

http://extremereunion.net/

Dafuq was the Paul Bearer segment with Orton and Kane all about? Was that really necessary? Are the WWE trying to give every relevant guy in their allumni some scrren time for a particular reason?

Traditionally Orton's and Kane's angles have been shite. With the exeption of the Orton/Taker feud a few years back, with the dummy Undertakers in coffins and the like.

It was lazy shite. I seem to recall they did the exact same thing when Edge had Bearer in a wheelchair when he was feuding with Kane.

I see Shane Douglas' ECW revival promotion's debut show on Saturday has almost sold out the building they're running in - which holds over 3000, meaning it'll have a bigger crowd than any real ECW show in Philly ever did. :o I get people being cynical about it, thinking it'll just be a load of broken down has-beens doing their best Randy the Ram impersonation, but I know a few of the people behind it, and I can see this being something to really change wrestling. They're introducing a lot of new talent fairly quickly, and even the ECW Originals are being expected to be in shape and working well if they want to be near the top of the card. Wee chance of Paul Heyman getting involved, as well, and some TV companies have already shown an interest.

http://extremereunion.net/

What new talent? The website just shows the roster as being all ECW 'originals'. Can't see how it will change wrestling either. It's far too niche and, to be frank, boring now. It's been so overdone.

Has anyone read Dustin Rhodes aka Goldust's book? It's top notch, one of the best wrestling autobiographies out there. A must read for all wrestling fans IMO.

agree with this found it really interesting, currently half way through Jerichos 2nd one its quality so far

What new talent? The website just shows the roster as being all ECW 'originals'. Can't see how it will change wrestling either. It's far too niche and, to be frank, boring now. It's been so overdone.

They're starting out with them just to hook the old school fans, but soon the roster will be quite different(Shane Douglas says he's been going to indy shows across the US looking for guys he thinks would 'fit'). I'm not saying it'll completely revolutionise wrestling the way the original ECW did, but I can see this becoming a solid number 3 mainstream promotion which caters to the more smark-ish audience in the way that ECW did.

2. Edge's return, didn't make sense at all, was there really any point? Good to see him back right enough, when his music intro starts its fucking class.

5. The drunk Punk thing was ridiculous, I was watching it and thinking to myself, am I too old to be watching this? It's really poor and quite childish. The sooner this CM Drunk thing is over with the better in my opinion. It's been booked so poorly and has ruined a potential brilliant comeback to the WWE for Jericho :(

6. The Lesnar/Cena contract signing was excellent I thought. I've read a few people saying that Lesnar bores the f**k out of them, I'm really not sure what else people were wanting from him here, he was told to go out there, look mean as f**k and demand all sorts of crazy shit, he not only did that, he did it brilliantly on the mic and when Cena came out he made him look like a little scared boy. The only worry for me is the fact Cena looked like he was about to shit his pants and the return of Edge and his "kick up the ass" bit it all signals a superman Cena win on Sunday :(

Edge's return made sense to me - he and Cena were "carrying" the company whilst Rock and Brock were doing other things. Edge and Cena were commited to the indistry, they weren;t. thsi pisses Edge off, thus he wants Cena to win.

I enjoyed the drunk punk stuff, shows off how good Punk is at the little things.

A second major Cena loss would be very very interesting...but i think he;s been buried too much

Quick question, I have just recently got back into the wrestling, and I want to get Extreme Rules, but it will have to be one of the replay shows. I have just moved into a flat that has a full VirginMedia package but I can't seem to find a box office type channel like Sky that seems to have it on. Can you get it through Virgin?

Quick question, I have just recently got back into the wrestling, and I want to get Extreme Rules, but it will have to be one of the replay shows. I have just moved into a flat that has a full VirginMedia package but I can't seem to find a box office type channel like Sky that seems to have it on. Can you get it through Virgin?

In short, yes. Hit channel '0'. That's the PPV channel. That tells you how to purchase it usually.

Instead of posting twice, I'll just throw this out there: What did people think of Eric Bischoff's book 'Cash Creates Controversy'? I was thinking of buying it.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan just released a book thats meant to be really good if you were a fan back in 80s and early 90s

I was a fan in the early 90s but Jim Duggan kills my soul.

I think the PPV is setup quite nicely. Only Orton/Kane is a dead cert for me(Orton simply has to win, there's no benefit in making him lose twice to Kane in a row). But the others really could go either way.

Cena losing two high profile matches in a row would be surprising but I can't see Lesnar losing his comeback match either.

Punk in his hometown against Jericho(who I don't think is due to stick around during the summer) but I don't think there'd be much point in having Jericho lose two in a row to Punk. But then again, Punk hasn't had much offense in this feud yet, it's been all Jericho.

Sheamus is a new champion but Bryan losing wouldn't be the smartest given how over he is at the moment(yeah, a loss isn't going to change that but you'd think they'd try and build on it by winning feuds)

Can't see Big Show losing his title after a month but another loss isn't going to do Rhodes much good, and similar to Punk, Rhodes has taken a lot of punishment from Show since Mania(in terms of him being constantly embarrassed).

Not to mention, I am a fan of hardcore matches which most of these are.