The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Pro_Wrestling

"On March 4th 2014 WWE bought all rights to the 1PW name, along with their video catalogue, in court for 99p. Vince McMahon was said to be "well chuffed" with such a cracking bargain. Tentative plans are in place for a special "Best of 1PW" PPV airing live on the WWE Network sometime in June."

:lol:

Whatever happened to David Otunga?

I'd imagine he might even work in the legal team. If he isn't doing anything on screen, I can imagine why they keep him about. It's like The Great Khali. Has a purpose, even if they're not always about.

Oh, and "well chuffed" :lol:

He's been rubbering Vince for the past 7 year thus forcing Vince to keep paying him. I like the idea that JTG has been avoiding Vince by any means possible for the past 7 year with Vince desperately trying to hunt him down.

I wish they got rid of JBL and King. Have never like JBL on commentary and after watching Mania XXX on Monday night it cemented my deep seated dislike for him as a commentator. He is garbage, says unfunny shit and comes across as quite phony. King hasn't been funny or relevant for years. His worn schtick long ago became tiresome.

Cole is decent though. I'd keep him.

He was great in his first run, apart from his unprofessional one man crusades. Everything they do now will be shit. They need a commentator with a good voice for it. Because that's the only way any WWE commentator can be not shit these days. Almost everything they say is fed to them these days. How can you compete with that? The only reason JR was halfway bearable in his last stint is because he HAD that voice.

EDIT: Austin loves Cole btw. Seems to genuinely admire the work he puts in off screen.

Edited by NewDomDom

If you make King a genuine heel commentator, I think he can still pull it off. Give JR like a few month in advance warning to prepare for his comeback and the dream team would be in full swing again.

JR's boxing commentary debut wasn't half bad!

As for freshness, Regal is probably the one I'd promote into a commentary position in the big time.