The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I'd love to hear a recording of what Vince sounds like when he's barking instructions at the commentators. Supposedly, he absolutely berates them sometimes, when they're clearly doing what he's asked of them. I remember in WWE's ECW, as Paul E was losing his grip on booking control, Styles would sometimes come out with a line typical of what he'd have said in the original ECW, and he'd just fall silent for a while after... you could just hear Vince "the move is a variation on what?! I DON'T GIVE A f**k!".

Anyone hear about the Lucha Libre promotion debuting on MTV2 in the states soon? They've got an hour long show every week, and have been doing tapings in the US with a roster mainly comprising AAA stars(including Mark Jindrak, who's oddly a massive a star in Mexico). Seems pretty decent, hopefully it lasts longer than WSX.

Edited by RB-Scotland

Bumped into Drew Galloway in Furys nightclub in Ayr last night, which was a bit strange considering I thought he worked the weekends? :P

Never got a chance to talk to him really but he did recognise me from school. Couple of the guys he was with were fucking massive, they musta been security :lol:

Bumped into Drew Galloway in Furys nightclub in Ayr last night, which was a bit strange considering I thought he worked the weekends? :P

He's been deported, duh.

Where we supposed to be laughing or cringing at what cena was saying there in that opening segment?

It seemed to get the desired effect from the audience, so I guess it was laughing. Never worked for me, although I did snigger at his "the internet is killing me" one. That was definately an intentional shot.

Michael Cole is funking annoying already when reading out the emails.

Which is the point I'd imagine. This is, after all, testing the water with him as a heel.

David Otunga just looks ridiculous in that ring. I reckon something will happen later in the show with Wade otherwise why wasn't he there? It just didn't seem as good without him out there tbh.

The main thing I hate about WWE right now is the amount of time they show us absolute f**k all. The Nexus attack happened, adverts. We come back, they show us it again, adverts. I'd imagine we'll get a third showing of it later as well. Then it'll be on NXT, then Smackdown. Once is enough.