The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Right, now that I can be arsed, I can confirm that RAW was NOT shite. Merely mediocre. Can think of worse ways to spend two hours.

What an RKO on Bourne. Edge vs. Orton wisnae bad on that subject. Wade Barrett is getting that spot in Money in the Bank for sure.

Pretty Major TNA Impact

"Ric Flair comes out with AJ Styles and Frankie Kazarian. Flair said that the PPV was the worst night of his career, then announces Styles and Kaz as the first two members of Fortune. Desmond Wolfe came out and protests, but Abyss hits the ring so they all leave. Abyss calls out RVD. He tells RVD "they are coming" and once "they get here", no one can stop them. He tells RVD that he has been instructed to bring them the TNA title. He says at Hard Justice, they are going to hang Janice 15 feet in the air and have an Extreme Anything Goes match. RVD and Abyss start fighting. Abyss gets the upper hand. Ink, Inc. comes out to help but aren't able to stop Abyss. The former ECW guys hop the rail as Mick Foley appears on the stage. They charge the ring and attack Abyss to rescue RVD. Security, agents and TNA wrestlers hit the ring and it's a crazy brawl. Names like Al Snow and Devon side with the ECW guys and it's the former ECW brawling with everyone and anyone asssociated with TNA and the crowd is going nuts for the two sides. Dixie Carter is trying to keep the peace but it's impossible. In the end, ECW takes over with Foley in charge."

I always suspected that RVD would have an Austin type role in this invasion.

Talks with Paul Heyman are "further than they are letting on". Seems like the writing is on the walls.

I'm going to stick my neck out and predict Mark Henry won't win the MITB match. Controversial, I know.

How in God's name has The World's Strongest Jobber worked for Vince for the past 14 years? Has he ever been over with the fans?

Has there been anybody as bad work for a big company for so long in the past?

Pretty Major TNA Impact

"Ric Flair comes out with AJ Styles and Frankie Kazarian. Flair said that the PPV was the worst night of his career, then announces Styles and Kaz as the first two members of Fortune. Desmond Wolfe came out and protests, but Abyss hits the ring so they all leave. Abyss calls out RVD. He tells RVD "they are coming" and once "they get here", no one can stop them. He tells RVD that he has been instructed to bring them the TNA title. He says at Hard Justice, they are going to hang Janice 15 feet in the air and have an Extreme Anything Goes match. RVD and Abyss start fighting. Abyss gets the upper hand. Ink, Inc. comes out to help but aren't able to stop Abyss. The former ECW guys hop the rail as Mick Foley appears on the stage. They charge the ring and attack Abyss to rescue RVD. Security, agents and TNA wrestlers hit the ring and it's a crazy brawl. Names like Al Snow and Devon side with the ECW guys and it's the former ECW brawling with everyone and anyone asssociated with TNA and the crowd is going nuts for the two sides. Dixie Carter is trying to keep the peace but it's impossible. In the end, ECW takes over with Foley in charge."

I always suspected that RVD would have an Austin type role in this invasion.

Talks with Paul Heyman are "further than they are letting on". Seems like the writing is on the walls.

Apparently Hard Justice is going to be an 'ECW-themed' PPV... they also have the Hammerstein Ballroom and ECW Arena booked for shows in a few months, don't know if that'll be for the rumoured ECW brand, ECW-themed house shows or what. That brawl to end the show sounds awesome, though... marked for seeing Simon Diamond's name mentioned, he was one of my favourites in ECW.

Another huge Impact spoiler(this one for next week)

*TNA President Dixie Carter came out to address what happened last week with Tommy Dreamer. She notes that she had invited the former ECW stars to TNA. Dreamer put over ECW legends like Taz and others. He said that "One Night Stand" inn 2005 was closure for him but Vince McMahon had to go and bring it back and forced Tommy to watch his close friends and family get fired one by one until Dreamer couldn't take it anymore. He said that his friends have been begging him for two years to come to TNA but he has two daughters now and couldn't pass up the big paycheck he was getting. When he came to Slammiversary and met with the talent before the show and felt the spirit of the fans, he knew this was the place to be. Dreamer was crying during the promo.Dreamer said that several years ago, they were promised things that didn't come true and it wasn't fair to the wrestlers or the fans. He asked Carter to give everyone "one last night." Carter agreed, but only if the former ECW crew have "full control" of the PPV. Dreamer promised they were going to take the Impact Zone "to the Extreme" and do it so everyone can remember the original company one last time, not the way it was when Vince McMahon shut it down. Abyss interrupts and says "they are not happy. This wasn't supposed to happen and they are downright pissed." Abyss says it was Dixie's fault and he goes after her but Van Dam attacked him. Everyone hits their finisher on Abyss. Devon comes out and they do the "Get the Tables" and RVD hits the Five Star Frog Splash.

How in God's name has The World's Strongest Jobber worked for Vince for the past 14 years? Has he ever been over with the fans?

Has there been anybody as bad work for a big company for so long in the past?

I enjoyed his Sexual Chocolate gimmick, although that may have been because I was about 8 years old and thought it was hilarious.

I'm assuming it's a good seat/spot but not a meet and greet or whatever the add-ons are for a VIP package. That's the kind of deal I had when I did Dragon Gate.

Tis exactly that. The add-ons were meet and greet with Flair and a few others, 15 autographed pictures, after party type thing and a dinner I think for $180.

I haven't seen it but a VIP source has told me it was pretty poor.

I was at the tapings a week before Victory Road and I much preferred the Impact show for some reason. RVD vs Joe was the highlight obviously and it was also a good match. Kaz vs AJ was decent as well. And I caught Hardy's towel thing.

I didn't enjoy Ultimate X. The structure for Ultimate X was only used once I think and having Williams win by submission made no sense only to find out when I got home that there was a stipulation about Williams winning by submission. I felt the structure wasn't used enough. I genuinely thought that Kendrick was hurt after the match as a few doctors dove into the ring.

Both the tag matches were the highlight of Victory Road and the crowd didn't seem to be into Angle vs Pope at all. <BR><BR>The first tag match was decent with the element of mystery of who their opponents would be and I was pretty bummed when Terry came out so I was expecting someone else like Amazing Red to come out. But when the pause of about 3 seconds with every wondering who it was going to be, you knew it was going to be Joe. The crowd went nuts when Joe's music hit (and his music is pretty badass). He was the most over at this PPV with the crowd shouting to Terry, "tag in Joe" when it started and then "tag back Joe" throughout the match.

Edited by The Hero of the Day

If Mike Bucci comes back, I would hope it'd be in a gimmick as good as Nova's rather than the stupid fitness guru one he had in WWE. Although his two wheel scooter thing was funny as hell.

Simon Deane? That was a terrible gimmick.

You just loved the entrance music. The May Young storyline was nothing short of disgusting.

Fathering a hand is the highlight of Henry's career thus far.

You just loved the entrance music. The May Young storyline was nothing short of disgusting.

Disgusting? Or erotic?

Simon Deane? That was a terrible gimmick.

Fathering a hand is the highlight of Henry's career thus far.

That's the one, terrible gimmick to give to an innovative wrestler.

Possible spoiler on the whole Nexus angle:

WWE is toying with the idea of turning a top Superstar heel and have them be the person behind The Nexus angle. The main people being pitched for a heel turn are Triple H and believe it or not, John Cena.Cena turning heel would be a risk because of his popularity with kids and everything else, including merchandise. Triple H has wanted to turn heel for a few years now but with injuries to him and his co-workers, they haven’t had the right time to turn him.

Cena could become some kind of uber-heel here.

Possible spoiler on the whole Nexus angle:

WWE is toying with the idea of turning a top Superstar heel and have them be the person behind The Nexus angle. The main people being pitched for a heel turn are Triple H and believe it or not, John Cena.Cena turning heel would be a risk because of his popularity with kids and everything else, including merchandise. Triple H has wanted to turn heel for a few years now but with injuries to him and his co-workers, they haven't had the right time to turn him.

Cena could become some kind of uber-heel here.

I think it would be awesome if The Nexus were the "They" that Abyss keeps talking about. Lets face it, nobody would see it coming.