The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

TNA was major hard-sell stuff.

* Considering the short term plans were guffed with Anderson being out, they did well working around it. Morgan vs. Hardy will probably suck, but there was only so much they could do without stepping on their own toes.

* Action was solid enough through the show. The main good point being the six person tag. Credit to the ladies for a fun match which told a good story though.

* The angle with Samoa Joe coming out of the stage was pretty cool.

* The Abyss/Pope stuff was a bit iffy. Abyss leathering fans is always fun though.

TNA was major hard-sell stuff.

* Considering the short term plans were guffed with Anderson being out, they did well working around it. Morgan vs. Hardy will probably suck, but there was only so much they could do without stepping on their own toes.

* Action was solid enough through the show. The main good point being the six person tag. Credit to the ladies for a fun match which told a good story though.

* The angle with Samoa Joe coming out of the stage was pretty cool.

* The Abyss/Pope stuff was a bit iffy. Abyss leathering fans is always fun though.

So the Anderson concussion is legit? Hardy must've botched the shot then. I agree that it'll probably suck, hopefully Hardy does some ridiculous spot.

My stream decided to cut out the six man tag mad.gif

It was pretty funny, obviously they are either agents or they know it's coming but the fans pulled it off quite well. Hopefully the lumberjack match will decent enough.

Phil Mushnick wrote the following in The New York Post:

"Now that Linda McMahon lost, the WWE can revert to producing kid-targeting sleaze. Some figured the WWE’s TV shows went PG the last few months because the McMahons’ consciences bothered them."

For what it's worth, F4Wonline reports that WWE has no plans on doing away with PG programming because Linda lost.

The PG changes were originally made mainly because of WWE's relationship with Mattel. WWE is very happy with Mattel and nobody expects officials to do away with PG content.

As was discussed here the other day, it looks like PG is here to stay for a while yet.

ICW Fear and Loathing III takes place on November 21st at the Apollo 23 club next to the Walkabout. After it, there's a Survivor Series showing in the Walkabout. The card for ICW is a cracker, as it's the biggest ICW show of the year.

Glasgow Street Fight

ICW Champion James Scott and Wolfgang vs. Jack Jester and BT Gunn

Anyone that has followed the Scottish scene in the past will know Darkside and Wolfgang as T2K. They form after a good three years of not teaming to take on their rivals. BT Gunn has a REAL problem with Darkside after losing his ICW Title to him in a cheap manner. Jester just doesn't like the Gold Label. The last two Glasgow Street Fights have seen a bit more insanity than even ICW is used to, so this is going to be one hellacious match. Especially when Jester brings the mental with barbed wire. Of course, now with the new venue, we might see some more weapons that weren't allowed to be used.

ICW Zero G Championship

Andy Wild vs. Noam Dar vs. Falcon vs. ???

I've got a feeling I know who the fourth man is gonna be. I'll keep my thoughts on that untill later. I don't really think that guys like Dar and Wild are really your typical cruiserweights. Wild is certainly not as spectacular while Noam's more flashy stuff comes from hitting as hard as a freight train. Falcon will bring some high flying to be sure. Should be a pretty hectic and chaotic match from the word go.

Last Man Standing Match

Lionheart vs. Chris Renfrew

The last battle these two guys had was a fairly violent match, with both guys using anything that wasn't nailed down. They then proceeded to have a couple of post-match brawls which were a little heated to say the least. Actually felt like both guys genuinely hated each other and were kicking f**k out of each other. So how else to end the fued than to make them face off in one of the more violent matches you can book ? This is honestly going to be one of the best matches to happen in the country this year.

Falls Count Anywhere Match

Carmel vs. Nikki Storm

Carmel is brilliant. She brings her attitude every time. She's been getting annoyed with Nikki Storm getting the better of her so she decided to attack one of her trainees. So they face off in what is probably going to be the blowoff. The main problem is where do they go from here ? Carmel goes back to being Liam Thompson's manager and Nikki Storm goes back to ... wherever she was.

Fight Club ( Kid Fite and Liam Thompson ) vs. Blaze N Rampage ( Davey Blaze and Chris Rampage )

This has been a magnificent fued to keep an eye on. It all started with Kid Fite attacking Davey Blaze, and taking his place in a match with Chris Rampage. Davey Blaze wasn't too happy with that and he wanted a match with Kid Fite. He lost, but Kid Fite acted the c**t. So Blaze and Rampage decided to continue to be a c***s and caused Kid Fite to have his most humiliating loss yet. Kid Fite then came out to cost Andy Wild a match ( another one of his trainees ) only to have Blaze N Rampage stop it. Kid Fite has finally had enough and this is the result. This is going to be a ridiculously heated battle, at least between the intense Blaze and Fite. Rampage can take a real doing so I'd expect he'll take one here. I'm looking forward to this one.

William Grange vs. Red Lightning

The Grange 4 Champ campaign hits the Apollo 23, and it appears to be building steam. So much so, that the Gold Label will be sending their spare man, Red Lightning, to nip the idea before it takes full steam. Of course, Grange has his advisors, Tricky Dicky Divers and Laura, to keep him in the fight. Red Lightning's partners will be a little pre-occupied with the goings on of other matches in the show, so we could well see an upset here and the continuing of the Grange 4 Champ campaign.

Adam Shame vs. Timm Wylie

Timm Wylie makes his second appearance in Scotland for this match. Adam Shame wants stiff opposition in ICW after demolishing poor Stevie Xavier in one of the most hilariously brutal squash matches I've seen recently. He asked for Johnny Moss afterwards, but he gets this big orange lad. Tango Man here is apparently not that great from what I've heard so I'm not exactly sure what to make of this one. I just hope they don't put on a shitter.

Joe Coffey vs. "The Fury" Vinny James vs. Johnny Starr

Poor Starr. He's gonna get fucked up by James. Coffey is going to put up a hell of a fight though. This should be a fun if unspectacular match.

Likely to end between 22.00 and 22.30. ICW are reliable for running on time so it won't be much of an issue, but with it being a Sunday, I suppose that time might cause some bother.

I personally didn't like the date change. The card will be worth it though.

At the bird's house now. She has Sky. Smackdown has just come on. Is Edge a face now? Some reaction for him!

Seth Rollins is a terrible name. It has massive jobber connotations! Tyler Black is a great wrestling name. Seth Rollins is not.

Just thought I'd add that!

As I've said, the PG product is not the problem. It's the fact that the writers are terrible for the most part.

There's been a PG product before. And a great one at that.

It further limits an already poor booking team, but yeah, it's more than possible to work around the PG thing and produce a good product.

Impact was awful last night, the booking before a PPV was terrible. The buyrate for tonight will be awful as they haven't done anything to sell it. I've watched the last four Impacts and I still couldn't tell you why EV2 are wrestling Fortune again or whether RVD-Dreamer is actually on the card. Jay Lethal has been on TV once this month I think, and that was to job to this new boy.

I thought it was a decent hard sell show. I'm not a big fan of hard sell shows anyways. Too much going on.

I think EV 2.0 will be seen as the one last threat to the new alliance with the injuries and stuff going on, which is why they've got Bischoff with the inside man stuff and Fortune playing the games too. Remember that Rob Van Dam is also a real challenger to Jeff Hardy and that's a good reason for them to go after EV 2.0 and get rid of his backup.

RVD/Dreamer is definately on the card. They made that very clear I thought.

I'm with you on the X Division title though. Almost zero build up. If they aren't confident enough in Robbie E to have him out there for a decent amount of time, he shouldn't be out there.

Impact was awful last night, the booking before a PPV was terrible. The buyrate for tonight will be awful as they haven't done anything to sell it. I've watched the last four Impacts and I still couldn't tell you why EV2 are wrestling Fortune again or whether RVD-Dreamer is actually on the card. Jay Lethal has been on TV once this month I think, and that was to job to this new boy.

I thought it was a decent hard sell show. I'm not a big fan of hard sell shows anyways. Too much going on.

I think EV 2.0 will be seen as the one last threat to the new alliance with the injuries and stuff going on, which is why they've got Bischoff with the inside man stuff and Fortune playing the games too. Remember that Rob Van Dam is also a real challenger to Jeff Hardy and that's a good reason for them to go after EV 2.0 and get rid of his backup.

RVD/Dreamer is definately on the card. They made that very clear I thought.

I'm with you on the X Division title though. Almost zero build up. If they aren't confident enough in Robbie E to have him out there for a decent amount of time, he shouldn't be out there.

Yeah I was wondering about the EV2.0/Fourtune match, not sure who's actually in it either. Since Morgan and Dreamer are out, I assume its AJ, Kazarian and Beer Money against Raven, Rhino, Richards and Kendrick?

They said they "were gonna do it old school" I thought that might've been an extreme match or something but I don't think anything's been set.

Yeah, no build up apart from the street fight and the shitty promos.