The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Anyone else watch Impact this week? I thought it was awful.

Why do they give away something like RVD-Hardy on Impact with absolutely 0 build-up? The potential for that feud is excellent and they spoil it in a stupid gimmick match. I'm guessing they're building towards a triple-threat but do they need to go down that route? Another month of Hardy-Anderson would've made more sense to me with RVD getting more manic in his quest for Hardy.

Turning Flair heel makes no sense either, no-one will boo the Naitch and a feud with Bischoff was natural given the history between the two. Fortune is Flair's group. Then, after they do that, they have a chance to build a feud between AJ and the Flair, given there is over a year's worth of history behind it. Yet they will have match on free TV next week with no build-up in the way of promos or anything.

What has Williams done wrong to deserve getting squashed by Hernandez? Hernandez's promo was awful as well "no-one in America's pure white" :huh:

The women's stuff was awful, Sarita-Velvet must be one of the worst feuds ever in wrestling.

Where is that Crimson character?

Another point, why do TNA even bother having PPVs? From their last PPV, Hardy-Anderson feud is continuing, Pope-Abyss is continuing, JJ-Angle is continuing, Immortal are still feuding with Steiner and co, Bubba and D'von is still going. The wins and losses in these matches mean nothing and the feuds just carry on as they were before the PPV.

I'm not a big fan of this shoot stuff and bringing King's mum into it was completely unneccesary. Cheap heat for someone people shouldn't give a sh*t about.

Why shouldn't people care about Michael Cole? He has developed feuds this year, helped elevate the Miz and draw him heat through his commentary, helped elevate Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes and has made Jerry Lawler relevant for the first time in years. He is playing the general manager announcements superbly too. People are into his character, he is drawing heat and is making stars, what's not to love?

Why do they give away something like RVD-Hardy on Impact with absolutely 0 build-up? The potential for that feud is excellent and they spoil it in a stupid gimmick match. I'm guessing they're building towards a triple-threat but do they need to go down that route? Another month of Hardy-Anderson would've made more sense to me with RVD getting more manic in his quest for Hardy.

Turning Flair heel makes no sense either, no-one will boo the Naitch and a feud with Bischoff was natural given the history between the two. Fortune is Flair's group. Then, after they do that, they have a chance to build a feud between AJ and the Flair, given there is over a year's worth of history behind it. Yet they will have match on free TV next week with no build-up in the way of promos or anything.

What has Williams done wrong to deserve getting squashed by Hernandez? Hernandez's promo was awful as well "no-one in America's pure white" :huh:

The women's stuff was awful, Sarita-Velvet must be one of the worst feuds ever in wrestling.

Where is that Crimson character?

Another point, why do TNA even bother having PPVs? From their last PPV, Hardy-Anderson feud is continuing, Pope-Abyss is continuing, JJ-Angle is continuing, Immortal are still feuding with Steiner and co, Bubba and D'von is still going. The wins and losses in these matches mean nothing and the feuds just carry on as they were before the PPV.

All of these storylines just seem so last minute, really lazy booking and just stink of overall pishness. TNA missed the oppertunity of the cetnury in terms of writing and storylines and just an overall good mind for wrestling in Paul Heyman. I think it's been proven in the past year that Hogan doesn't know much at all in the way of creative.

Why shouldn't people care about Michael Cole? He has developed feuds this year, helped elevate the Miz and draw him heat through his commentary, helped elevate Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes and has made Jerry Lawler relevant for the first time in years. He is playing the general manager announcements superbly too. People are into his character, he is drawing heat and is making stars, what's not to love?

Can't take him seriously knowing he's just an insignificant commentator, he has absolutely no power within the company and never has so why should fans just accept that he's now someone of importance. He's no Vince, simply put.

I didn't see anyone praising Coach when he was doing the exact same thing in 04-05...

I'm not a big fan of this shoot stuff and bring Kings mum into it was completely unneccesary. Cheap heat for someone people shouldn't give a sh*t about.

Indeed. The arguement of how Michael Cole is making himself slappable is a good one, but he was doing that BEFORE that point, rendering the point worthless. It turned out to be a needless remark.

Triple H was he most popular guy on RAW from 02-05 and he was a heel in doing so. You can be a popular heel, look at the way the Rock drew heat when he was a bad guy, it was funny, it was insulting and the crowd ate it all up it was that good. Compare that to what Cole did last night it just shows you don't have to go that far to generate heat. Doesn't matte if you couldn't dislike him, HHH was heel at WM against Cena and he got cheered. Randy Orton as of late was getting more and more cheers until he turned face. If HHH or Taker was to turn heel just now, they'd still get cheered.

Triple H was HATED in 2003-2004. I mean in a big way. His best run as a heel was probably in 2000 though.

The Rock's best heel run was probably in 2003.

Can't take him seriously knowing he's just an insignificant commentator, he has absolutely no power within the company and never has so why should fans just accept that he's now someone of importance. He's no Vince, simply put.

Why does he have to be?

People are expected to care, and people DO care that he's annoying. That's all that's needed with him, and it works.

I mark for good stuff. Cole and Lawler was awesome.

Isn't marking when u go insane for something that is exciting, not something that is good? The 2/21/11 promos were mark out material, HHH and Taker staredown was mark out material. Cole interviewing Lawler is not mark out material.

You could write this every week and it would still be true.

Oh, Diesel is wrestling in Kilmarnock on May 25th.

*honk*

Eh, more details, please? Is this actually the real Diesel or some Scottish guy using the name?

McMahon returned as a face in the fall of 1999 and won the WWF Championship in a match against Triple H, thanks to outside interference from Austin on the September 16 episode of SmackDown!. However He decided had to vacated the title during the following Monday's Raw is War because he is not allowed on WWF TV because of the stipulations of the Fully loaded 1999 contract he signed. However Steve Austin reinstated him in return for a WWF title shot. Over the next few months McMahon and Triple H feuded, with the linchpin of the feud being Triple H's storyline marriage to Stephanie McMahon. The feud culminated at Armageddon in 1999; McMahon faced Triple H in a No Holds Barred match which McMahon lost. Afterward, Stephanie turned on him.

At WrestleMania 2000, Triple H defended the WWF Championship in a Fatal Four-Way Elimination match in which each competitor had a McMahon in his corner. Triple H had his wife Stephanie McMahon who was also the WWF Women's Champion in his corner, The Rock had Vince McMahon in his corner, Mick Foley had Linda McMahon in his corner, and Big Show had Shane in his corner. After Big Show and Foley were eliminated, Triple H and The Rock were left. Although Vince was in The Rock's corner, he turned on The Rock after hitting him with a chair turning heel for the first time since his feud with Steve Austin, which helped Triple H win the match and retain his title. This would officially begin the McMahon-Helmsley Era.

Isn't marking when u go insane for something that is exciting, not something that is good? The 2/21/11 promos were mark out material, HHH and Taker staredown was mark out material. Cole interviewing Lawler is not mark out material.

I would say marking out is when you think something's the boy and acknowledge it as being so. The stuff you mentioned was all class IMO. Cole heeling it up is phenomenal.

Also, I will go and see Diesel if I can get a lift somehow (hint hint ;) )

The HHH/Taker staredown was "turn off and start watching again an hour later" material actually.

What bollocks. You mean to say that 2 all time greats in a stare down was turn off material? I noticed no one took the bait the first time.

Would you turn off if this was on your tv screen.

Oh, Diesel is wrestling in Kilmarnock on May 25th.

*honk*

What! Now I'm marking out, details?

I would say marking out is when you think something's the boy and acknowledge it as being so. The stuff you mentioned was all class IMO. Cole heeling it up is phenomenal.

Also, I will go and see Diesel if I can get a lift somehow (hint hint ;) )

Are you really comparing a Michaels Cole interview with Jerry Lawler to another mark out moment such as... the Naitch acknowledging you at a TNA event?:P

Believe me I'm there if Big Sexy is in Scotland.