The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

If those are the best 8 that RAW have got then it isn't very good.

Those were my thoughts as well.

How far have things fallen that you take away Cena and are left with these guys? They'd be fighting it out for the Intercontinental Championship 10 years ago.

Those were my thoughts as well.

How far have things fallen that you take away Cena and are left with these guys? They'd be fighting it out for the Intercontinental Championship 10 years ago.

Even 2 years ago I'd say. I've been thinking for a while, just look at the amount of main eventers lost recently: Edge, Batista, Michaels, Triple H, Undertaker, Jericho, CM Punk - have I missed any others?

Even 2 years ago I'd say. I've been thinking for a while, just look at the amount of main eventers lost recently: Edge, Batista, Michaels, Triple H, Undertaker, Jericho, CM Punk - have I missed any others?

Not sure how long ago but Jeff Hardy, RVD and Mr Anderson/Kennedy could possibly be added in. Maybe less so on Anderson.

The loss of talent has been staggering.

They've got some good technical wrestlers, but no big main eventers. I stopped watching regularly after the brand extensions in 2002. I think I was spoilt with the likes of HHH, The Rock, Benoit, Austin, Taker, Kane (before he became a total pussy), Angle, HBK and Jericho. Even the mid card guys were a cut above what's going on now. RVD, the Hardy Boyz, Booker T and the APA were far better and far more entertaining.

Fairly disappointing Raw so far.

I'm not sure how I feel about Punks absence. Obviously Punk's great to watch but I kinda like the fact he's not there, gives it a bit more credibility and realism.

Fairly disappointing Raw so far.

I'm not sure how I feel about Punks absence. Obviously Punk's great to watch but I kinda like the fact he's not there, gives it a bit more credibility and realism.

It's insanely shite. They should've had the tournament last 3 or four weeks and had the final at Summerslam. Make it a massive one. There's 25 people on WWE.com listed on the Raw roster(they still have Skip Sheffield and Husky Harris huh.gif) but you take them, and maybe a few from Smackdown and FCW and make it a 32 man competition. Have that round tonight. Round of 16 next week(on the 25th). Quarter finals on the 1st of August. Semi Finals on the 8th and the Final at Summerslam on the 14th.

Joey Styles returning to the announce table on Thursday.

What, when? Where?