The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Looking forward to the Rumble for the first time in years. Doubt I'll watch it live but I'll probably sit with a few beers and watch it on Monday afternoon.

Still won't be as good as 92 though.

The '92 Rumble is in my top five, that's for sure. It's by far my favourite match of the year - with the WWE putting emphasis on it being the 25th Anniversary I'm hoping there'll be a couple more surprises than usual.

Edited by The Naitch

Battledome was hilariously bad. I remember seeing one episode, the biker/grunge type guy had been in a match 10 minutes earlier, and the commissioner-type chick came out and said he was 'missing and presumed dead', then(without any further explanation) the show ended in his 'funeral', where his stable stood around a coffin, which he predictably leapt out of, while the commentators reacted like it was on a level with Hogan joining the nWo. How that got a national, let alone international, TV deal, I will never know.

Battledome was hilariously bad. I remember seeing one episode, the biker/grunge type guy had been in a match 10 minutes earlier, and the commissioner-type chick came out and said he was 'missing and presumed dead', then(without any further explanation) the show ended in his 'funeral', where his stable stood around a coffin, which he predictably leapt out of, while the commentators reacted like it was on a level with Hogan joining the nWo. How that got a national, let alone international, TV deal, I will never know.

As I said, it was brilliant/shite.

After facing Punk in a title match the same night? I like it but can't see it happening.

Look no further than The Rock in 1998. Took on Ken Shamrock in a 20 minute match for the Intercontinental Championship, then entered the Royal Rumble at No3 nd lasted over 50 minutes only to be eliminated last by Stone Cold.

Didn't it happen last year as well? Dolph Ziggler was defeated by Edge only to enter the Rumble later on that night? I don't think he lasted as long though.

Regardless of speculation Randy Orton has returned at a WWE live event within the last day or so. Dishing out RKO's, so considering they're pretty back intensive I'd imagine he'll be back in time.

The fans hated them. :lol: The lead singer told them all to get jobs and stuff. He said at the afterparty that he was LOOKING for that reaction because he's been a fan for years and wanted to get fans to boo him. It worked. I thought they were pretty good.

The show itself was just a reason why I love wrestling. All 400 fans were nuked all night. BT Gunn vs. James Scott was a legit MOTYC and the main event was almost as good.