Livingston - all the threads merged

51 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Yeah that only works if someone is actually upset. Im fairly calm as you should be able to tell from my other posts  tonight.

I am confused though re the united name thing. Does Ferranti Meadowbank Thistle bother you? Thought not. So just enjoy your night and maybe even a sneaky wee can of your dads lager. 

Lol cheers mate might take note of that I certainly will enjoy my night after today's game mon the medowbank.

39 minutes ago, Liviguy said:

Lol cheers mate might take note of that I certainly will enjoy my night after today's game mon the medowbank.

Yous deserved it. I'd rather win the league game in a few weeks mind you but we'll need to play better than we did today. 

27 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Yous deserved it. I'd rather win the league game in a few weeks mind you but we'll need to play better than we did today. 

You certainly will you had a good opening 20 minutes but after that we where better team.

To run both clubs it's costing someone or a group of people between 

400.000 and 600.000 per season 

I just don't get it with livi they have been full time for years now on average home gate of 1000 

Different with Airdrie first season full time for sometime but it won't last 

Just now, Airdrie76 said:

Hopefully we win both. If we'd lost today though it maybe would've put some doubt in our players minds for when we play you in the league, I think this was an important win for us and should give us a psychological advantage in our next game against Airdrie.

13 minutes ago, Wasps1 said:

I just don't get it with livi they have been full time for years now on average home gate of 1000 

Because we are Livi and that's what wee do we scrape by.

Just now, Wasps1 said:

Is that how much it costs Alloa, explains why you charge 16 quid patg for a league one game.

On 26/11/2016 at 20:41, LIVIFOREVER said:

Was just messing after the assumption De Vita was on a big wage. As Andy said De Vita wasn't with a team and was desperate to get playing, same would be the case for McMillan if we sign him. Both will be looking for teams playing in the Premiership or top end of the Championship likely to gain promotion to the Premiership and playing for Livi will get them in the shop window so to speak.

I doubt Airdrie or Livi can stay FT if we don't get promotion this season, just isn't enough money in League One to do that. The infrastructure at Livi with the stadium etc prob also makes it impossible to be PT, we really need a move to a smaller stadium to do that, costs too much playing there if we were PT, we can barely survive being FT playing there even in the Championship..

Defo need to leave Almondvale,at 9000+ its far too big for us. But that seems a long way off just now.I know tesco were looking at the site but they're forever pulling out of land deals they've done,if they start to lose money they simply don't build or go through with any deal they may have made. Broxburn and Whit burn were meant to be getting a tesco but surprise surprise tesco pulled out of both deals!!

I agree with the pair of you re: Almondvale. The club will, at best, be treading water if they stay in the current location. It's a shame our infrastructure off the pitch still appears to be akin to a Junior club, regardless, those running the show should be investigating all the options, or else we'll still be in this situation in 10 years time, albeit with the stadium in serious disrepair.

Maybe we have a good financial plan in place and we might actually be doing something productive with our money for a change plus the plan probably is get us up so we can make all the money back.

The fact you've given such a defensive response to a genuine question suggest what I feared - invest big money (in relative terms) and hope that you get promoted.

Why would De Vita and McMillan need to be on big wages? De Vita couldn't find a club in the summer so will be wanting to keep himself fit/playing and in the shop window, similarly with McMillan after being out for so long he'll want to get himself back on the pitch and impress bigger clubs.

We hardly made any big signings either, probably spending less than we were last season with the players we released.

Fair enough mate, was just using those two as examples of adding depth to an already decently sized squad.

Saying that you're "probably spending less" than last season isn't really saying much those given your income will have been significantly slashed?

I agree with the pair of you re: Almondvale. The club will, at best, be treading water if they stay in the current location. It's a shame our infrastructure off the pitch still appears to be akin to a Junior club, regardless, those running the show should be investigating all the options, or else we'll still be in this situation in 10 years time, albeit with the stadium in serious disrepair.

All the club have been doing in recent years has been treading water, only ever looking to get beyond tomorrow.
I don't see how they could ever afford to move stadium, as there is no money to start this and they don't own the stadium to sell.
PS, there will be lots of Junior clubs run far better than Livi, sadly

5 hours ago, TheLad said:

All the club have been doing in recent years has been treading water, only ever looking to get beyond tomorrow.
I don't see how they could ever afford to move stadium, as there is no money to start this and they don't own the stadium to sell.

If the land was bought by a developer they'd build us another stadium to relocate us, the council would make money from the sale and we'd get a new smaller stadium, that was the plan anyway but it fell through a few times.

Flynn made a few million from the sale of the niteclub though so even with the council owning the stadium he managed to make money out of it. We've been plagued by crooks taking over the club to try and make a few million from the sale of the stadium, they've tried to get the council to sell it to them, even the current owners have tried but got the knock back when they hadn't shown the council enough details to convince them it was a viable plan.

On 11/30/2016 at 06:51, TheLad said:

I was referring more towards the "operating committee" structure that the owners have implemented, and seem to be hesitant to shift from, despite all the talk during the summer that a new BoD would be announced promptly, allowing for more transparency. It may well be the defining moment of Ford, who I'm acutely aware is either a puppet for someone putting their own money into the club, or is actually subject to a pretty long internal dispute over what direction we should be going. He was, if I'm not mistaken, a key supporter of implementing a stadium operating company to bring more money into the club. If we're being realistic, WLC are never going to sell the stadium to LFC given the current state of affairs, and I don't envisage that changing any time soon. It's quite galling because, as LF points out about the Nitespot, the land would probably go for a substantial sum given it's central location within the town, either for housing or a retail development. Granted, the actual land conditions are less than satisfactory but if someone's wanting to build something of high capital value, they'll find a way.

I'm not sure of the legal ins/outs of how much LFC would be due as tenants of the existing property, but I imagine it wouldn't be a sum to shake our heads at. If the powers that be were smart, they'd club in with the Council, LYF, Livingston United Juniors, and various amateur and boys clubs to construct a proper community facility. If it were actually designed and constructed in the correct manner it could be a real coup for the local area.

2 hours ago, Afro said:

I was referring more towards the "operating committee" structure that the owners have implemented, and seem to be hesitant to shift from, despite all the talk during the summer that a new BoD would be announced promptly, allowing for more transparency. It may well be the defining moment of Ford, who I'm acutely aware is either a puppet for someone putting their own money into the club, or is actually subject to a pretty long internal dispute over what direction we should be going. He was, if I'm not mistaken, a key supporter of implementing a stadium operating company to bring more money into the club. If we're being realistic, WLC are never going to sell the stadium to LFC given the current state of affairs, and I don't envisage that changing any time soon. It's quite galling because, as LF points out about the Nitespot, the land would probably go for a substantial sum given it's central location within the town, either for housing or a retail development. Granted, the actual land conditions are less than satisfactory but if someone's wanting to build something of high capital value, they'll find a way.

I'm not sure of the legal ins/outs of how much LFC would be due as tenants of the existing property, but I imagine it wouldn't be a sum to shake our heads at. If the powers that be were smart, they'd club in with the Council, LYF, Livingston United Juniors, and various amateur and boys clubs to construct a proper community facility. If it were actually designed and constructed in the correct manner it could be a real coup for the local area.

It's all wishful thinking though, no one does anything just from the good of their heart and I doubt the council would ever put their efforts in to a centralised community centre/stadium for us to all rally around.

I see Mikey Miller's injury is a bad one and he may be out for the rest of the season with a medial ligament injury, hopefully it isn't as bad as they're thinking and he;s back playing soon.

Squad wise we've got a few players covering that position, and it even gives both Mullin and Cadden a chance of starting as we usually only go with one of them. Watt & Sinclair have been used sparingly, maybe gives them a chance of getting into our starting 11. Though Pittman and Byrne played well against Airdrie and DeVita will prob still be ahead of them too.

It's all wishful thinking though, no one does anything just from the good of their heart and I doubt the council would ever put their efforts in to a centralised community centre/stadium for us to all rally around.

Well yeah, that's the crux of the matter. For the record, Gordon Ford comes across as a pretty decent guy, and I'm in no doubt he wants the best for the club and the local community. But, like the direction of the club, he's limited with essentially two hands behind his back with Martindale involved. With respect, anyone who thinks everything's rosy in the garden with regards to the club's ownership is deluded or naive.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I see Mikey Miller's injury is a bad one and he may be out for the rest of the season with a medial ligament injury, hopefully it isn't as bad as they're thinking and he;s back playing soon.

Squad wise we've got a few players covering that position, and it even gives both Mullin and Cadden a chance of starting as we usually only go with one of them. Watt & Sinclair have been used sparingly, maybe gives them a chance of getting into our starting 11. Though Pittman and Byrne played well against Airdrie and DeVita will prob still be ahead of them too.

Honestly, I've really not been impressed with Miller at all so far - feel we've a few better players that would've warranted starting. Gives us a chance to shake up and thank god for the depth in the squad o.o