Livingston - all the threads merged

2 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

Agree that Airdrie fans tend to jump from one extreme to the other. There's not many that actually believe or think we'll win the league though. Our squad is paper thin and those on the bench aren't up to it at this point in time (as Saturday showed). That along with the fact we've been second best when we've played Livi means we're probably looking at play offs. 

I don't understand why you're surprised at supporters commenting on the amount of players you're signing though. It's a football forum. That's kind of what happens. And as Livi are top of the league we'd surely have a natural interest in who you are bringing in. The next obvious thing is then to question how you can afford it based on your gates. Pretty simple really. 

Edited to say aufc beat me by seconds. I shouldn't have bothered!

Im not surprised about other supporters commenting, I'm well aware it's a football forum and people have opinions. 

I responded to your questions and questioning of Hopkin, I then explained how we are able to bring these players in by freeing up wages, just today we have freed up a wage and I'd expect one or two others to go as well.

What I said was I'm surprised that an Airdrie fans knows the ins and outs of a club he doesn't follow, simple really.

29 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

:lol:

Certainly been a poor piece of business, Watt came in with a good reputation for this league, scored goals for both Brechin and Airdrie last season. 

Hes been unfortunate to come into the club at a time when we have an array of good quality midfielders and has ended up being back up. 

Think it's fair for both parties that he is now allowed to progress his career at Brechin where he will certainly be playing week in week out and it frees up yet another wage for us to improve the squad again.

Best of luck to the lad, just didn't work out. 

7 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Certainly been a poor piece of business, Watt came in with a good reputation for this league, scored goals for both Brechin and Airdrie last season. 

Hes been unfortunate to come into the club at a time when we have an array of good quality midfielders and has ended up being back up. 

Think it's fair for both parties that he is now allowed to progress his career at Brechin where he will certainly be playing week in week out and it frees up yet another wage for us to improve the squad again.

Best of luck to the lad, just didn't work out. 

Horses for courses, just because he didn't fit in doesn't mean he's a bad player.  He got into double figures in goals from midfield last season.   It must make you wonder what Hopkin saw in him though and also query Hopkin's judgement?   Does he just throw shit at the wall and see what sticks?

And as pointed out, most moves have counter moves to remain within budget.   Which leads to my next question.   If Gallagher and McMillan are signimg for your defence,  what are the counter moves?  It seems like your fans don't particularly like Crighton, is he next to be mutually released?

Can't really say I'm dejected about losing Watt. Certainly came with a reputation as a good player at this level and I agree he didn't get a run in the team, but every time I saw him he struck me as having fairly low footballing intelligence. Whether that was due to lack of playing time or not, we'll never know.

42 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Im not surprised about other supporters commenting, I'm well aware it's a football forum and people have opinions. 

I responded to your questions and questioning of Hopkin, I then explained how we are able to bring these players in by freeing up wages, just today we have freed up a wage and I'd expect one or two others to go as well.

What I said was I'm surprised that an Airdrie fans knows the ins and outs of a club he doesn't follow, simple really.

I never questioned Hopkin. Merely stated it's football and this is a forum. People will post without knowing the ins and outs all the time. With Airdrie and Livingston, there's a little bit of knowledge with some supporters as Livi signed four players. Comments/interest therefore driven by that. You might have freed up more money today btw but did Watt get any kind of pay off? I don't know - do you?

44 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Horses for courses, just because he didn't fit in doesn't mean he's a bad player.  He got into double figures in goals from midfield last season.   It must make you wonder what Hopkin saw in him though and also query Hopkin's judgement?   Does he just throw shit at the wall and see what sticks?

And as pointed out, most moves have counter moves to remain within budget.   Which leads to my next question.   If Gallagher and McMillan are signimg for your defence,  what are the counter moves?  It seems like your fans don't particularly like Crighton, is he next to be mutually released?

I never said he was a bad player, Hopkin probably saw a player capable of playing in the first team for Livingston Fc, as I say though he's been unfortunate to find Scott Pittman in the form of his life and Byrne and Miller slotting in nicely, and with Cadden and Mullin too he found himself unable to break into the team.

Watt just been released, 2 young lads released the other day and I'd imagine Morgyn Neill will likely move on as well.

Just now, DestroyedByMadness said:

I never said you did.   But you said it was a "bad piece of business".

It was, we've signed a player, who we've had to pay a fee for and its not worked out. It wasn't a poor piece of business on his quality. 

“There’s obviously a need to balance the books, and that will be unfortunate for some of lads at the club who have left, or may leave due to First Team chances being limited. But that’s football, and the Club has to keep moving forwards and improving the squad.”

Sounds like Neill could be next on his way out. Also wonder if a bid will be coming in for Knox. 

These are signings that Hopkin has identified as wanting the club to sign, I think it's quite the opposite, they are allowing him to make the signings he wants, if they didn't have faith in him they wouldn't be allowing that. 
I had no idea you knew the ins and outs of Livingston Football club, we have already released 2 players, all be it young lads but it's freed up £300 a week, that I can assure you is a player and a bits wages at Livingston these days, we are also likely to release a couple more which will probably free up around £500 which gives us room to manoeuvre. 
When players come in its a certainty players will go out. 
I can't seem to make my mind up reading through Airdrie fans posts, one week Airdrie will win this league, next week that's that then, then the next back to winning the league again. 
Btw these signings have been on the cards before the last two games, the club knew every other team was likely to strengthen, especially our main challengers, they are not panic signings they are signings to keep us ahead of the competition. 

I'm sure you know that releasing players doesn't necessarily equate to freeing up wages given that contracts are either paid up or at least a mutually acceptable payment made unless the player is moving onto another deal somewhere. They generally don't just agree to write off some wages with nothing else to go to.

Or maybe you don't know that and that's why the club keeps fucking up its finances.

15 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

These signings show a couple things. Firstly that Livi have no faith in Hopkin at all, so they are giving him a squad with which no-one would be able to fail.

1 hour ago, Airdrie76 said:

I never questioned Hopkin. Merely stated it's football and this is a forum. People will post without knowing the ins and outs all the time. With Airdrie and Livingston, there's a little bit of knowledge with some supporters as Livi signed four players. Comments/interest therefore driven by that. You might have freed up more money today btw but did Watt get any kind of pay off? I don't know - do you?

My bad, wasn't you it was DAF, my sincere apologies :1eye Anyway to reply to DAF, quite the opposite, they have allowed him to move players on and bring new players in, if they didn't have faith in him he wouldn't be allowed to do this. 

3 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

I'm sure you know that releasing players doesn't necessarily equate to freeing up wages given that contracts are either paid up or at least a mutually acceptable payment made unless the player is moving onto another deal somewhere. They generally don't just agree to write off some wages with nothing else to go to.

Or maybe you don't know that and that's why the club keeps fucking up its finances.

To answer both of you Watt has mutually agreed to terminate his contract because he has a deal lined up with Brechin which btw will increase his weekly wage. Think that tells a story in itself. 

15 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

These are signings that Hopkin has identified as wanting the club to sign, I think it's quite the opposite, they are allowing him to make the signings he wants, if they didn't have faith in him they wouldn't be allowing that. 

I had no idea you knew the ins and outs of Livingston Football club, we have already released 2 players, all be it young lads but it's freed up £300 a week, that I can assure you is a player and a bits wages at Livingston these days, we are also likely to release a couple more which will probably free up around £500 which gives us room to manoeuvre. 

When players come in its a certainty players will go out. 

I can't seem to make my mind up reading through Airdrie fans posts, one week Airdrie will win this league, next week that's that then, then the next back to winning the league again. 

Btw these signings have been on the cards before the last two games, the club knew every other team was likely to strengthen, especially our main challengers, they are not panic signings they are signings to keep us ahead of the competition. 

Are you seriously thinking Mark Millar or Declan Gallagher are signing for under £300 a week ? 

16 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Are you seriously thinking Mark Millar or Declan Gallagher are signing for under £300 a week ? 

Read again

What I said was we released 2 players that's freed up £300, we have now released another which frees up another £200 and likely 1 or 2 more will be released which will free up another £400. 

We have brought in 2 and likely 1 more.  

I can assure you that we won't be paying any player at Livingston anything over £350-£400pw 

7 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Read again

What I said was we released 2 players that's freed up £300, we have now released another which frees up another £200 and likely 1 or 2 more will be released which will free up another £400. 

I can assure you that we won't be paying any player at Livingston anything over £350-£400pw 

I can tell you that's what Crighton and Lithgow are both on.

28 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

I can tell you that's what Crighton and Lithgow are both on.

I'm not saying we don't have any players on that, but we certainly won't be paying any more than that in wages, most of our team are on between 2-300pw some below that some like you say above that, youth players will likely be on less. 

I may be out of the loop but have Livingstone actually paid a fee for Watt to Airdrie? What about fee for Cadden?

Don't know about Livingstone as that town doesn't exist.
Livingston on the other hand have paid Airdrie for watt and cadden.

3 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Read again

I did read it, you said you have freed up £300 of wages which you claimed is one and a bit players. And I'm telling you as fact that both these players will be on closer to double £300pw.