Livingston - all the threads merged

Year after year of abject failure in the championship has really taken its toll on the Falkirk fans eh ? :lol:

I don’t blame them, it must be difficult seeing a team come up from league 1 with 800 fans get promoted out of the league in one season and into the premiership. 

This is #Ourtime 

Guest Flash
57 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

County also had a situation where Martin Woods supposedly had a vesting option after a certain number of games.  He met it, but the club told him to sling his hook, and, after quite a bit of sulking by both sides,  off he did trot to do ever so well with Partick.  

In American sports there are player options (the player's choice), club options (the team's choice)  mutual options (both need to agree) and vesting options (based on appearances).  I'm guessing from what you say, options in Scottish football are all obliged to be  either player options or mutual options?  I can remember Dundee United in the 90s signing Alex Cleland or Gary Bollan  to a 2 year contract with a seven year club option (or something equally ridiculous), getting hauled up in front of the courts,  and that bringing an end to the club only options.

In theory, though, I don't have a massive problem with any kind of single-season option in a contract.

Player Regulation 41 in the Annex to the SPFL Rules says clubs aren’t allowed to include an option to extend a contract without the consent of the player when the contract was entered into before the player’s 23rd birthday. 

Regulation 31 says contracts generally can’t exceed 5 years plus the unexpired portion of the season they are entered into.

Not sure if these regulations are still current or if there is anything that over-rides them. 

https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__rulesofthespflasat19_january_2018_1518083042.pdf

Pages 118 and 120 for regulations 31 and 41.

Edited by Flash

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Is it possible for the mods to make typing 'Hopkins' when discussing David Hopkin a banning offence? It appears to be a mistake made exclusively by terrible posters, so it would be a great way to improve the overall standard of poster on the site.

If we could get this carried over to the Livi forums as well that would be fantastic. 

Just now, LiviLion said:

If we could get this carried over to the Livi forums as well that would be fantastic. 

Should throw in Livingstone, Livvie, Livvi and Livvy, I mean it's bad enough they can't spell Livi  properly but sticking 2 V's in is just a bannable offence imo.

14 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Should throw in Livingstone, Livvie, Livvi and Livvy, I mean it's bad enough they can't spell Livi  properly but sticking 2 V's in is just a bannable offence imo.

By a mile the worst.

Kinda agree.
It would be so much easier if we just said Meadowbank.....

In all honesty, and despite LIVIFOREVER suffering from a sense of humour bypass, you did fantastically this season and I wish you, Sibbs and Miller all the best next season.
Just make sure you send Hamilton down please.....

Just now, roman_bairn said:

In all honesty, and despite LIVIFOREVER suffering from a sense of humour bypass, you did fantastically this season and I wish you, Sibbs and Miller all the best next season.
Just make sure you send Hamilton down please.....

The Ferranti and Meadowbank patter stopped being funny about 18 years ago tbh , I bet you'll still crack up at the Grangemouth patter in 18 years time though.

Accies are a kindred spirit, hope we both stay up.

Wow, didn't see it being for 2 years, excellent news.

I think Pittman was only a one year deal, but his contract wont be valid now we've been promoted and he'll negotiate a new one, wonder if he'll get it extended to 2 years too.

Just need Halkett now and we're cooking by gas.