Livingston - all the threads merged

5 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Apparently our budget will be 3-4 times bigger than last season.

giphy.gif

Tbf 3 or 4 times our budget this season is still below Dundee Utd, Ross County, Partick Thistle, and on par with the likes of Falkirk, Dunfermline. 

We will still have the lowest budget in the top flight and be mid table in the championship. 

Hartson willing to put his media work on hold if he gets the manager's job, it would give us someone who knows how things work and able to work round how we want things done. Might be worth taking a punt on him.
He'd be my pick...read something about him being more of an influence with players than just coaching strikers.

24 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Tbf 3 or 4 times our budget this season is still below Dundee Utd, Ross County, Partick Thistle, and on par with the likes of Falkirk, Dunfermline. 

We will still have the lowest budget in the top flight and be mid table in the championship. 

I know, I just wanted to post the Simpsons meme.

19 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hartson willing to put his media work on hold if he gets the manager's job, it would give us someone who knows how things work and able to work round how we want things done. Might be worth taking a punt on him.

Where did you read this?

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Woah easy tiger. 

Accies have a budget that is similar to Mortons.

Hartson would fit in well and is a decent candidate, but in my opinion I cannot remember many good managers that have been strikers, Robbie Neilson for me is perfect, but i reckon we wont have the budget to entice him.

Managed to make contact with an IBV fan who told me a fair bit about Ryder:

He began as a youth coach at IBV and worked his way up to a first team coach alongside David James and Hermann Hreidarsson. He managed to make the move to Knattspyrnufelagid Prottur, becoming the youngest manager in Iceland's history. In his first season he took Prottur to promotion with one of the smallest budgets in the league then finishing above the relegation spots in the following season. The season afterwards he guided them to a third place finish to be promoted again. He also had a stint as a development coach at Newcastle

He left Prottur two weeks ago, resigning so no compensation would be due.

One of his biggest attributes is working to a budget and utilising youth players. His ability to work alongside youth players to further career seemed to be one of his strongest attributes.

He would be very unlikely to want to bring any staff alongside him, instead favouring to work with a new clubs current infrastructure.

His teams work in a direct and very organised manner favouring a high tempo game.

Edited by ATLIS

Found his farewell to Prottur as well:

"When Jón Kaldal gave me the opportunity in the autumn of 2013, there were only five contracted players and the team had only just saved themselves from relegation. Today, the dressing room is made up of top characters and high-quality football players. Our success over the last four seasons shows that Þróttur Reykjavík is among the 15 best teams in Iceland. We achieved many fantastic results and stand-out performances, especially the fantastic day in 2015 against Selfoss which saw Þrottur promoted.

In addition to the first team’s achievements, along with the hard-working and talented youth coaches we have put in place a philosophy to produce high-quality players and are already starting to see promising results.

What I will carry with me as my own biggest highlight is the bond I established with the players. Not far behind that is being a foreigner in this amazing country and hearing your name sung in the stands; that is a special feeling and leaves you craving more.

I have learnt more than I could imagine and I cannot wait to take my knowledge and experience forward. I would like to think I have built a strong reputation here in Iceland and hope that will be of assistance in the future. I’m excited to see where the next opportunity will take me. If future challenges are half as good as these last four years, I will be in for some career."

A lot of that speaks for itself but strikes me in the same manner as Hopkin did in terms of a bond with the players and moving to seek a bigger challenge. Here's hoping he at least gets a shot at an interview for the job because I'm fairly impressed. His focus on young players is something that strikes me as a manager that would be a brilliant fit - something we've already been working on and with.

4 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Managed to make contact with an IBV fan who told me a fair bit about Ryder:

He began as a youth coach at IBV and worked his way up to a first team coach alongside David James and Hermann Hreidarsson. He managed to make the move to Knattspyrnufelagid Prottur, becoming the youngest manager in Iceland's history. In his first season he took Prottur to promotion with one of the smallest budgets in the league then finishing above the relegation spots in the following season. The season afterwards he guided them to a third place finish to be promoted again. He also had a stint as a development coach at Newcastle

He left Prottur two weeks ago, resigning so no compensation would be due.

One of his biggest attributes is working to a budget and utilising youth players. His ability to work alongside youth players to further career seemed to be one of his strongest attributes.

He would be very unlikely to want to bring any staff alongside him, instead favouring to work with a new clubs current infrastructure.

His teams work in a direct and very organised manner favouring a high tempo game.

Sounds very promising

This Gregg Ryder sounds like the real deal to be honest - not exactly high end stuff but sounds like he would fit he mantra and ethos that we’re trying to have around the club.

Not suggesting he should be in the frame for the managers job but I notice Craig Easton has left Raith Rovers. Seemed to have done very well with the youth players there so may be worth a chat? Unsure what he is doing now, though.

Maybe a bit unfair but Kenny Miller does not seem to have the right personality to take over. He reminds me very much of Burchill.

Paulo Sergio has also been linked this morning.

Two interesting articles on the BBC yesterday:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44335173

John Ward  stating that the new manager must fit into our current structure. That is exactly the message I wanted to hear and probably rules out the likes of McIntyre and Neilson.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44304744

Really nice story about Gregor Buchanan and his sister recovering from a stroke to make the second leg. Having a stroke would be horrible at any time but in your early 30s? Poor girl.

Edited by EdinburghLivi