Livingston - all the threads merged

42 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

It's okay we'll sign him as a part-time accountant :D 

I know you're not serious, but he can't be registered as a player under fifa rules until the fines paid, there is no work around. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I know you're not serious, but he can't be registered as a player under fifa rules until the fines paid, there is no work around. 

He's been linked with a few other clubs up and down the leagues, not sure how he'd go around paying that though as I doubt any club in Scotland would pay it for him

Just now, ATLIS said:

He's been linked with a few other clubs up and down the leagues, not sure how he'd go around paying that though as I doubt any club in Scotland would pay it for him

He's not had a club sine May 2017. The longer without a club he is, the less chance anyone will pay it. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

He's not had a club sine May 2017. The longer without a club he is, the less chance anyone will pay it. 

Does the fee expire at any point? If not I think his career may genuinely be over

Just now, ATLIS said:

Does the fee expire at any point? If not I think his career may genuinely be over

No idea tbh, maybe just the length of his contract at Al Ahly? 

He signed a three and half year deal January 2017 so still a long way away. 

Miller is confident of adding to his squad soon, although possibly not before Saturday’s Betfred Cup clash with Motherwell.

Miller said:

“We are making strides on another signing. We are hoping to get it over the line. Our squad is looking pretty healthy.”

Any idea who or what position?

24 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Miller is confident of adding to his squad soon, although possibly not before Saturday’s Betfred Cup clash with Motherwell.

Miller said:

“We are making strides on another signing. We are hoping to get it over the line. Our squad is looking pretty healthy.”

Any idea who or what position?

Was probably Quitongo at the time

The conspiracy theorist in me would still think it's Quitongo. Carson doesn't get much wrong and it would be weird for sources at the club to tell him something that isn't true. Could be they didn't want it being public knowledge so asked him to take it down etc. 

The real answer though is it's probably another loan from down south and Jai will end up at someone like Dundee/Dunfermline. 

11 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

The conspiracy theorist in me would still think it's Quitongo. Carson doesn't get much wrong and it would be weird for sources at the club to tell him something that isn't true. Could be they didn't want it being public knowledge so asked him to take it down etc. 

The real answer though is it's probably another loan from down south and Jai will end up at someone like Dundee/Dunfermline. 

Was more so meaning that we were meant to be signing Jai up until today and the club changed their mind meaning the article was out of date

His sources didn’t come from the club, the info came from elsewhere and when he delved further was told by the club that it just wasn’t true.

The other signing that Miller is quoted talking about I believe is a loan from a club down south but that’s as much as I know right now. 

Saunders, not good enough at all. Terribly one footed.

Yet to be convinced by Lawless too to be honest.

I reckon we need a winger and a striker, but for me this possession based football is not working. No end product and we just sit on the ball doing nothing. I don't think Robbo is cutting it either, sorely missing Sibbald in that gap in the middle to create something.

Lawless was superb, he's been a brilliant signing, agree we need a striker though, it's the same story every week just now, we compete well but lack a goal threat and KM leaving LM up front by himself doesn't help, then Hamilton comes on for LM and gets left up front by himself too. Would at least like to see us try something different, like Hamilton and LM playing together, but I know it will never happen because KM isn't going to drop himself.

Really disappointing result yesterday, I did not feel the performance was good enough to go through to a quarter final stage of a cup. I thought Halkett Gallagher and Byrne were very good for us and Lawless done ok at times. We are crying out for some pace up front as that is seriously lacking. Saunders needs to be put on the bench as I don’t think his fitness levels are good. I had serious doubts about our keeper Kelly before he came back but he has been amazing since his return, not put a foot wrong and some of his saves today were phenomenal, here’s hoping he can keep this up. I’m really looking forward the game next week, we need to win I think.

Saunders, not good enough at all. Terribly one footed.

Yet to be convinced by Lawless too to be honest.

I reckon we need a winger and a striker, but for me this possession based football is not working. No end product and we just sit on the ball doing nothing. I don't think Robbo is cutting it either, sorely missing Sibbald in that gap in the middle to create something.
Lawless has really impressed me so far. He's not the quickest but has great balance and doesn't lose the ball easily. He's much more effective on the left hand side, however. For me, Kaja has looked ropey in the past two games. I'd be playing Cadden ahead of him based on their performances yesterday.