Livingston - all the threads merged

31 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Mate most clubs income is down most clubs my own including charge £12.99 a few exceptions charging  £15. Your own club is the highest in Scotland. As I pointed out many fans income are down due to C19.  If your board cant work out today's climate then they deserve the finacial hit. You will end up with a couple of hundred Saints fans. If it had been say £15 you would have ended up with a few thousand.  I find it hilarious yourself and others are defending a board decision that will lose income.  

Yes, but you're quite clearly a thick c**t who cant realise that teams like Livi have valued their own season ticket holders (you know the ones who's yearly income help keep them going) ahead of some away fans from Paisley. So they miss out on your £20, big whoop. If they screw season ticket holders they could lose £300 x 40 years, but then again trying to explain the long term financial implications and the putting of their own fans over you hasn't worked so far. 

5 minutes ago, Widge said:

Yes, but you're quite clearly a thick c**t who cant realise that teams like Livi have valued their own season ticket holders (you know the ones who's yearly income help keep them going) ahead of some away fans from Paisley. So they miss out on your £20, big whoop. If they screw season ticket holders they could lose £300 x 40 years, but then again trying to explain the long term financial implications and the putting of their own fans over you hasn't worked so far. 

So you dont think other clubs season tickets cost work out more expensive than buying a ppv home match every home game.  Dont believe me go check Aberdeen, Rangers, St Mirren and many more. Spin all you want your board have made a mistake mate. Anyway it is what it is. Enjoy the game may the best team win. Hopefully Willie Calum does not spoil the game for both teams. 

4 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

So you dont think other clubs season tickets cost work out more expensive than buying a ppv home match every home game.  Dont believe me go check Aberdeen, Rangers, St Mirren and many more. Spin all you want your board have made a mistake mate. Anyway it is what it is. Enjoy the game may the best team win. Hopefully Willie Calum does not spoil the game for both teams. 

Maybe they do, but in this specific case we're talking about Livingston. It's got zero to do with other clubs and their boards decisions and their pricing. The Livingston board have decided to look after their own fans and season ticket holders, frankly it's got zero to do with fans of other clubs. I applaud the Livingston board for putting their fans first rather than chase the cash, so good on them, in my view it's totally the correct decision.

Also I've no interest in watching the game, I'll be supporting my own team. Thankful that you're not clogging up that match thread with your inane, pointless, uninformed pish.

14 minutes ago, Widge said:

Maybe they do, but in this specific case we're talking about Livingston. It's got zero to do with other clubs and their boards decisions and their pricing. The Livingston board have decided to look after their own fans and season ticket holders, frankly it's got zero to do with fans of other clubs. I applaud the Livingston board for putting their fans first rather than chase the cash, so good on them, in my view it's totally the correct decision.

Also I've no interest in watching the game, I'll be supporting my own team. Thankful that you're not clogging up that match thread with your inane, pointless, uninformed 

Talk about thick and blinkered doh !  So your glad your club are looking after you rather than bringing in a decent income. Jeez no wonder you went bust before. 

2 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Talk about thick and blinkered doh !  So your glad your club are looking after you rather than bringing in a decent income. Jeez no wonder you went bust before. 

Firstly, you've clearly not read my entire post, you know the one you've quoted. So yup, confirming thick c**t status. 

Secondly, why would any fan of Livingston care about St Mirren and their fans, or fans of Hamilton, Aberdeen, Hibs for example. If I'm sitting as part of the Livi board, you're damn right I'm looking after my own fans, who'll dictate the long term future of my club, over that of 500 St Mirren fans. I really don't think that £10,000 if going to make a drop in the financial ocean clubs are looking at.

But as I've already said and pointed out, you're too thick to understand any of this and frankly there's no point in continuing this, given you've said absolutely nothing that makes any sense or is remotely intelligent. 

Yeah i'm sure our board come on P&B and read the Livingston thread, they'll be sure to take note of a couple of St Mirren fans telling them the ppv is too expensive, and lower it accordingly.

Nobody is forcing anyone to cough up £20 though, either pay it or don't, but don't feel the need to come on here to tell us, we'll all survive just fine without knowing.

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah i'm sure our board come on P&B and read the Livingston thread, they'll be sure to take note of a couple of St Mirren fans telling them the ppv is too expensive, and lower it accordingly.

Nobody is forcing anyone to cough up £20 though, either pay it or don't, but don't feel the need to come on here to tell us, we'll all survive just fine without knowing.

Agree but I think yellow and black eyes is missing the point. Let's say it was £15. Not just for Saints all away clubs. Many would pay that bringing coffers to your club. You would get minimum 2,500 Saints fans paying £15 do the sums. Now you will get a couple hundred if that as most are saying they wont pay that £20.  If you club is charging £20 for each game with a season ticket  when you can get in then you are being ripped off. Anyway I'm done. 

Edited by ZingaliMan

6 hours ago, Widge said:

Firstly, you've clearly not read my entire post, you know the one you've quoted. So yup, confirming thick c**t status. 

Secondly, why would any fan of Livingston care about St Mirren and their fans, or fans of Hamilton, Aberdeen, Hibs for example. If I'm sitting as part of the Livi board, you're damn right I'm looking after my own fans, who'll dictate the long term future of my club, over that of 500 St Mirren fans. I really don't think that £10,000 if going to make a drop in the financial ocean clubs are looking at.

But as I've already said and pointed out, you're too thick to understand any of this and frankly there's no point in continuing this, given you've said absolutely nothing that makes any sense or is remotely intelligent. 

Football is a business mate. 

Ticket price for an adult into Livingston away = £22.

1 adult and 1 child turn up to the game and pay entry = just over £30. Pies and snacks probably takes that close to £40.

So essentially you're getting to watch the game at half the price (not even including your travel to the game).

Really don't see what the issue is.

ETA - Everyone wants fans to return to the games at a time when "incomes are down" but yet I'm sure you would be willing to fork out that £40 every couple of weeks to go to the game but yet moan about paying £20 for a stream.

7 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Ticket price for an adult into Livingston away = £22.

1 adult and 1 child turn up to the game and pay entry = just over £30. Pies and snacks probably takes that close to £40.

So essentially you're getting to watch the game at half the price (not even including your travel to the game).

Really don't see what the issue is.

ETA - Everyone wants fans to return to the games at a time when "incomes are down" but yet I'm sure you would be willing to fork out that £40 every couple of weeks to go to the game but yet moan about paying £20 for a stream.

So basically not being able to shout abuse at the ref and opposition players, and in some cases your own players and management team too, is saving us £20. :angry:

14 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Agree but I think yellow and black eyes is missing the point. Let's say it was £15. Not just for Saints all away clubs. Many would pay that bringing coffers to your club. You would get minimum 2,500 Saints fans paying £15 do the sums. Now you will get a couple hundred if that as most are saying they wont pay that £20.  If you club is charging £20 for each game with a season ticket  when you can get in then you are being ripped off. Anyway I'm done. 

I love the idea that there are "thousands" of people outraged for the difference of £5*

Just find a stream and stop fucking moaning 

*Then again, St Mirren fans seem to actively find reasons to be outraged, so not very surprising

Edited by LiviLion

15 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Holt surely has to go now. Does Ward have it in him to even sack him though? Probably not and we'll end up down. 

Tommy Wright surely the ideal successor here

Not being deliberately obtuse here but why on fucking earth would Tommy Wright potentially wreck his reputation to take the Livingston job? He’ll comfortably pick up a job sooner rather than later at someone far bigger (and better) than us. 

Holt (correctly) should have a lot of goodwill left in the tank following the past two seasons, but many more performances like today will lead to evaporating. Continuously shelling the ball long in the general direction of Emmanuel-Thomas is eye-bleedingly bad, and doesn’t work to a single player’s strength in this squad. If Forrest doesn’t have an outstanding game we’re as good as beaten. Continuously chopping and changing the starting XI isn’t helping matters in the slightest, either - we don’t have a nailed on centre half pairing, a left back, or any of the three behind the striker. Players look to have absolutely no confidence in either themselves or anyone around them which (I’m hoping) explains the default to hoofball; if it’s intentional by Holt then he deserves some serious examination given that today. 

Why do you think Holt leaving would make any difference? Feels like this has Martindale's fingerprints on it. 

Really, really grim stuff today. St. Mirren just having to work hard to get three points for the second time this season. We fully deserved that deflection against us.

My feelings on where we stand at the moment:

Positives

We have enough good players to get out of this. 

Negatives

We have too many clowns in the team currently being picked. The quicker Bartley and Brown are out the team, the better. Particularly the former who has been absolutely fucking shite this season. 

We are seriously dodgy at the back. This is despite only one player leaving (Lamie, who wasn't even playing), compared to our defence from last season. This leads me to believe that the new players that have replaced last season's defence need dumped, where possible. I would line up with something like McMillan at right-back, Guthrie and Fitzwater or Ambrose in the middle and ATS at left-back. This formula worked. Why both McMillan and ATS have not had a sniff is beyond me. 

We look out of ideas going forward. For me, this lies with JET not working in our system. I'm not even sure we can adapt our system to suit him as he does not work hard enough. If he isn't scoring goals, it is not worth it. Tiffoney or Poplatnik have to come in next game. 

We are not working anywhere near hard enough. Last season we had players chasing down opponents and hunting in packs. Today, St. Mirren did that against us really well. I am not sure how to fix this. 

The Ayr game gives us a chance to experiment, even if we go out of the cup in doing so. It is essential we stumble across a team that looks closer to last season's, as soon as possible. 

Stryjek

McMillan Fitzwater Guthrie ATS

Sibbald Lawson

Robinson Pittman Forrest

Tiffoney

Edited by EdinburghLivi

10 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Why do you think Holt leaving would make any difference? Feels like this has Martindale's fingerprints on it. 

Really, really grim stuff today. St. Mirren just having to work hard to get three points for the second time this season. We fully deserved that deflection against us.

My feelings on where we stand at the moment:

Positives

We have enough good players to get out of this. 

Negatives

We have too many clowns in the team currently being picked. The quicker Bartley and Brown are out the team, the better. Particularly the former who has been absolutely fucking shite this season. 

We are seriously dodgy at the back. This is despite only one player leaving (Lamie, who wasn't even playing), compared to our defence from last season. This leads me to believe that the new players that have replaced last season's defence need dumped, where possible. I would line up with something like McMillan at right-back, Guthrie and Fitzwater or Ambrose in the middle and ATS at left-back. This formula worked. Why both McMillan and ATS have not had a sniff is beyond me. 

We look out of ideas going forward. For me, this lies with JET not working in our system. I'm not even sure we can adapt our system to suit him as he does not work hard enough. If he isn't scoring goals, it is not worth it. Tiffoney or Poplatnik have to come in next game. 

We are not working anywhere near hard enough. Last season we had players chasing down opponents and hunting in packs. Today, St. Mirren did that against us really well. I am not sure how to fix this. 

The Ayr game gives us a chance to experiment, even if we go out of the cup in doing so. It is essential we stumble across a team that looks closer to last season's, as soon as possible. 

Stryjek

McMillan Fitzwater Guthrie ATS

Sibbald Holt 

Robinson Pittman Forrest

Tiffoney

Agree with all of this. I had serious doubts about Tiffoney, and indeed still do have some reservations, but out of all the options available to us he has to start up front. If we aren’t playing the ball to Emmanuel-Thomas’ feet then he isn’t in the game, and even at that, doesn’t press in any game I’ve seen up until now. The ethos of harrying and pressing has to start from the front. 

IMO, our best performance of the season was at Tannadice, which looked like a successful return to the ethos from last season. Since then, we’ve reverted to type and have served up total shite in every league game. If Holt continues blind faith in the likes of Brown, Bartley and Emmanuel-Thomas we’re down. 

5 minutes ago, Afro said:

I had serious doubts about Tiffoney, and indeed still do have some reservations, but out of all the options available to us he has to start up front. 

IMO, our best performance of the season was at Tannadice, which looked like a successful return to the ethos from last season. Since then, we’ve reverted to type and have served up total shite in every league game. 

Agreed and our second best performance without Dykes was the St. Johnstone home game. Guess who started in both games up front.