Livingston - all the threads merged

5 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

If Nouble's time out is anything to go by, he's telling us Anderson is out until April

Aye and Anderson before that, then Montano. He kept us hanging for weeks thinking both Anderson and Nouble were fit and ready to play, then when they finally made the match day squads it was as unused subs.

I'm not that bothered if he misses this game, as Nouble fits in really well as a lone striker with how we set up against Sevco, will be a bigger miss if he doesn't make the Aberdeen game the following week.

5 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I know the Record has printed some rubbish before but surely this takes the biscuit?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/robbie-deas-livingston-transfer-target-29274950

Don't see why; doing well in the Championship, relatively young and out of contract. The exact kind of signing Martindale likes to make.

Unless your issue is with something different in the article of course.

17 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Don't see why; doing well in the Championship, relatively young and out of contract. The exact kind of signing Martindale likes to make.

Unless your issue is with something different in the article of course.

Well firstly as a replacement for Fitzwater; surely that's what De Lucas was signed for; plus, of course, Morgan Boyes has stepped up recently as well.

Also we already have two defenders with long term injuries; do we really need another who hasn't played a competitive game in months and for the last three games has been an unused substitute.

The way things are I'd hope we were looking for a direct backup to Anderson at the moment.

24 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Well firstly as a replacement for Fitzwater; surely that's what De Lucas was signed for; plus, of course, Morgan Boyes has stepped up recently as well.

Also we already have two defenders with long term injuries; do we really need another who hasn't played a competitive game in months and for the last three games has been an unused substitute.

The way things are I'd hope we were looking for a direct backup to Anderson at the moment.

That's Callum Carson reporting it now too so I'd imagine there's a good amount of truth in it. I doubt we'll see Parkes again, Fitzwater will leave, Obileye can be a bit inconsistent and is not currently under contract next season. Boyes is out of contract too. A young CB with experience in the Scottish game is a decent shout tbh. I'd imagine he won't have massive wage demands either

Edited by Cptn Hooch

13 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Seems reasonable to assume we'll still need another CB if Fitzwater leaves, Boyes on the left, De Lucas on the right, and Obileye has played both sides but mostly left CB, having a 4th CB in the squad would be prudent. Forgot about Parkes right enough but it doesn't look like he's ever going to play again, not for us anyway, the length of time he's been out injured.

4 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

That's Callum Carson reporting it now too so I'd imagine there's a good amount of truth in it. I doubt we'll see Parkes again, Fitzwater will leave, Obileye can be a bit inconsistent. A young CB with experience in the Scottish game is a decent shout tbh. I'd imagine he won't have massive wage demands either

Martindale might stick him in midfield right enough.😂

7 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I was actually thinking if we'd finally see Obileye playing in one of the deeper midfield roles, going to guess we won't see that at any time though.

Aye QoTS fans said that midfield was his best position, doesn't look particularly comfortable on the ball though, would we really want to see him getting more of the ball playing as a defensive midfielder.:unsure:

24 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

That's Callum Carson reporting it now too so I'd imagine there's a good amount of truth in it. I doubt we'll see Parkes again, Fitzwater will leave, Obileye can be a bit inconsistent and is not currently under contract next season. Boyes is out of contract too. A young CB with experience in the Scottish game is a decent shout tbh. I'd imagine he won't have massive wage demands either

Thing is Calum Carson said "One from my colleagues at the Record " followed by a thumbs down?

18 minutes ago, Durnford said:

The main likelihood of this being true would be if De Lucas had proved disappointing in training. TBH wouldn't be the first one who'd impressed in a trial but that had turned out to be the high point.

Deas is left footed. He'd be signed to replace Parkes. 

34 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

It was pointing down to the article.

Yep.

image.png.edaeec920f6c0cb9f74c82b22406ec96.png

Gonny no be kidding us on this time Davie.

Speaking to the Courier, he said: “Bruce will be back. I could probably have gotten away with playing him against Rangers, but he hadn’t really trained at all and I didn’t want to push him and then he ends up missing four weeks because he’s played when he’s not fully ready.

3 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I assume Parkes is out of contract this summer?

Is Jamie Brandon under contract for another year? Then again he's right sided I believe (not that I've ever seen him play).

Seen him in 2 or 3 games this season, he's a RB/RWB, and could prob play as an out and out winger too. Looked a decent player of what i saw of him.

37 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Seen him in 2 or 3 games this season, he's a RB/RWB, and could prob play as an out and out winger too. Looked a decent player of what i saw of him.

Reserves?

Noticed Nicky Devlin has been losing some of his sharpness; but not all the time  great going forward but struggles getting back IMO

27 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Reserves?

Noticed Nicky Devlin has been losing some of his sharpness; but not all the time  great going forward but struggles getting back IMO

Sure he played in some pre season and cup games, and has come on as a sub in the league too, before getting injured.