Livingston - all the threads merged

Just now, Durnford said:

As they say a week's a long time in football; score in a couple of games back to back and its game on. Unfortunately its all a bit meh at the moment.

Yep, he's basically starting from scratch again, and needs to just get on with playing football, showing why clubs should want him. This being tentative in case of picking up an injury is doing him no good, if he wants a move he has to earn it.

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Just seen an article on Duk at Aberdeen, where Robson is saying "he's going nowhere", which is manager's speak for we'll sell him if a good offer comes in, but the player's head isn't being turned with talk of Aberdeen wanting to sell him.

There's a big difference though, in that Aberdeen probably don't need to sell. I get that every player/club has a price, but they are a club with a rich owner, massive engaged fanbase and now plenty dough from European involvement. 

It's a really fine line that Martindale treads regarding promoting our players.  

25 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

There's a big difference though, in that Aberdeen probably don't need to sell. I get that every player/club has a price, but they are a club with a rich owner, massive engaged fanbase and now plenty dough from European involvement. 

It's a really fine line that Martindale treads regarding promoting our players.  

Yeah but they def would sell him if a big offer came in, and this "we wont sell him at any cost" is just nonsense, and in itself promotes interest in the player, like sending up a flare with a big red pound sign exploding in the sky.

It clearly isn't working for us coming out publicly the season before we want to sell a player, maybe should try being a bit more subtle about it. It's sending the same message, telling everyone how good Duk is, so other clubs outside of Scotland have a closer look at him. Without the player getting distracted thinking about a move.

To be fair Nouble's agency have a part in this as well. Declaring before the season was done about 'assisting him in his summer transfer'. Came across as a bit disrespectful initially.

I honestly don't even think Nouble's been bad or off form tbh. I think a lot of this is people trying to cope with the obvious fact of him leaving soon. He's been less effective centrally and we're playing a formation with no wide men at the minute, unless he feels like playing at RWB. He's basically being told to play as a target man and bring the ball down, which is the dullest tool in his kit IMO (maybe aside from his finishing). We all know his strengths are getting on the ball and running at people.

At the minute we can only assume we've fielded some stupid offers of <200k, maybe from a Hearts or Aberdeen. Laughed it off, maybe 350k from an English club. Then we've got Martindale going on about £1m. At this point I reckon he'd take 600-750k, some add ons and a sell on %. Anything below 500k and we're as well keeping him due to the impact he can have on our season. 

I don't disagree that some clarity over his future would help him out a lot though.

Edited by ATLIS

6 hours ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

Pushing season tickets sales hard this last week or so on Twitter. Any update on numbers, other than we are up on last year? 

I would put a guess out there that we're maybe at around 1,250 or so. Maybe pushing 1,300. Last year was around 1,200 I'm sure.

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

To be fair Nouble's agency have a part in this as well. Declaring before the season was done about 'assisting him in his summer transfer'. Came across as a bit disrespectful initially.

I honestly don't even think Nouble's been bad or off form tbh. I think a lot of this is people trying to cope with the obvious fact of him leaving soon. He's been less effective centrally and we're playing a formation with no wide men at the minute, unless he feels like playing at RWB. He's basically being told to play as a target man and bring the ball down, which is the dullest tool in his kit IMO (maybe aside from his finishing). We all know his strengths are getting on the ball and running at people.

At the minute we can only assume we've fielded some stupid offers of <200k, maybe from a Hearts or Aberdeen. Laughed it off, maybe 350k from an English club. Then we've got Martindale going on about £1m. At this point I reckon he'd take 600-750k, some add ons and a sell on %. Anything below 500k and we're as well keeping him due to the impact he can have on our season. 

I don't disagree that some clarity over his future would help him out a lot though.

He's nowhere near as good as he was in the first half of the season, when he scored in both our games against Sevco being used as a target man. Or just before the WC break in the Hearts away game, he was rag dolling opposition players running with 2 hanging onto him and still hitting the byeline and bringing the ball across the box. He just doesn't do that now, and stopped doing it well before last season ended. First half of last season i'd have been gutted to see him leave, just now i think it would actually be the best thing for Livi, really not bothered about him going now.

If he was to start making runs again and taking players on then i'd change my mind, but nothing i've seen from him in the run in from last season to now, fills me with confidence he'll do that.

1 hour ago, FreedomFarter said:

John Ward on issues he and the board are contending with:

https://archive.ph/pfnWR

Very interesting article:

- Court of Session hearing with Carolyn Sumner next week. I believe she is Neil Rankine's partner. Rankine was listed on the hearing previously.

- Two bids to takeover the majority shareholding - 1 from the owners of Barnsley (who were also looking at Partick Thistle) in 2020 and one more recently from an unnamed American group. I am not surprised that people are looking to take us over (would be certain we will sell for less than other teams looking for new owners and we are in a relatively good position) so I imagine there will be movement on this if court hearing goes in our favour.

- I'm more than a bit sceptical that making top 6 would be the difference between profit and a £800k loss. Would need to see the working on that. 

- The talk of going for budgeting on fighting for top 6 vs. being a championship team is puzzling when Martindale goes on every season about his budget being the value of 12th place in the previous season. That also doesn't reconcile before you even get into a loss as substantial as £800k.

- Consultant hired by Opcco6 to sell their shareholding.

Seems like more than a few people contradicting with their opinions and statements on how much we actually run on? Maybe they're referring to clubs that are on more than a 'base' Championship budget like Partick, Dundee Utd, Raith etc. 

You'd hope whoever buys us over would be more interested in putting cash in and using the good position we're in rather than asset stripping but our past will always have us doubting anyone that comes in. Barnsley are owned by a Chinese billionaire too, so that could go either way if that group comes back in. Part of that consortium at Barnsley is Billy Beane, famously the lead character of Moneyball (and of real life success and fame). It seems though it somewhat fits the club mould of stats based recruitment. 

A huge part of all of this is staying up this season though to be fair, our biggest appeal is our top flight status to anyone who wants to come in.

Adding on to say, with Wilson retiring and Ward stepping down into a lesser role I think it makes sense for Opcco 6 to be selling up given they're no longer as active in the club as they used to be. Those 2 being 2 of 3 directors of O6, Paul Cullen being the third.

Edited by ATLIS

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Adding on to say, with Wilson retiring and Ward stepping down into a lesser role I think it makes sense for Oppco 6 to be selling up given they're no longer as active in the club as they used to be. Those 2 being 2 of 3 directors of O6, Paul Cullen being the third.

Why does it "make sense" to sell for these reasons, pray tell mister ATLIS or "Automatic Tracking and Laser Integration System"???

44 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Very interesting article:

- Court of Session hearing with Carolyn Sumner next week. I believe she is Neil Rankine's partner. Rankine was listed on the hearing previously.

- Two bids to takeover the majority shareholding - 1 from the owners of Barnsley (who were also looking at Partick Thistle) in 2020 and one more recently from an unnamed American group. I am not surprised that people are looking to take us over (would be certain we will sell for less than other teams looking for new owners and we are in a relatively good position) so I imagine there will be movement on this if court hearing goes in our favour.

- I'm more than a bit sceptical that making top 6 would be the difference between profit and a £800k loss. Would need to see the working on that. 

- The talk of going for budgeting on fighting for top 6 vs. being a championship team is puzzling when Martindale goes on every season about his budget being the value of 12th place in the previous season. That also doesn't reconcile before you even get into a loss as substantial as £800k.

- Consultant hired by Opcco6 to sell their shareholding.

Very interesting indeed...

13 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Adding on to say, with Wilson retiring and Ward stepping down into a lesser role I think it makes sense for Opcco 6 to be selling up given they're no longer as active in the club as they used to be. Those 2 being 2 of 3 directors of O6, Paul Cullen being the third.

Two of these directors (John Ward and Paul Cullen) "being 2 of 3" also have a staggering ZERO shares in OppCo 6 according to companies house😂... So tell us John, why does it make sense?  

Just now, Roger the cabin boy said:

Why does it "make sense" to sell for these reasons, pray tell mister ATLIS or "Automatic Tracking and Laser Integration System"???

Why wouldn't it? Wilson doesn't seem to want to be involved anymore as he's retiring and lives in Berwick as far as I know? John Ward has stepped down from handling the financial aspects of the club and has walked away in the past. Nothing against him, he's done a lot for the club and I very much doubt you'll find anyone at the club with anything bad to say about him.

"I am delighted to remain involved as chairperson and will of course continue to remain on the board of directors as we seek to attract new talent and investment to the club.", his quote here maybe hints at stepping away, or could just be focusing more on getting money into the club. Only he'll really know that. 

Rankine on the other hand, you'll struggle to find a Livi fan with anything even half decent to say about him, Hogarth was caught stealing from the club. 

Just seems like another chapter for the club following this season which isn't a bad thing. Feels like for now we've had a good period of stability and it's only natural for the club to use that platform to evolve.

5 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Two of these directors (John Ward and Paul Cullen) "being 2 of 3" also have a staggering ZERO shares in OppCo 6 according to companies house😂... So tell us John, why does it make sense?  

Ward being a director is a direct involvement and is involved with the club heavily. Opcco 6 is majority owned by Robert Wilson with Hogarth having a minority share <50% >25%. So 2 shareholders within the company. I imagine the upcoming court case will have him in some hot water given he was stealing from the club. I don't see why Wilson would want to stay owning the club post retirement, given a big deal was made about him retiring and no longer being a director.

Worth noting that with that article it states that O6 have hired a consultant to sell their stake in the club, can only assume that's pretty much just a thing from Wilson with Hogarth dragging his heels while the court case continues on.

Edited by ATLIS

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Ward being a director is a direct involvement and is involved with the club heavily. Opcco 6 is majority owned by Robert Wilson with Hogarth having a minority share <50% >25%. I imagine the upcoming court case will have him in some hot water given he was stealing from the club. I don't see why Wilson would want to stay owning the club post retirement, given a big deal was made about him retiring and no longer being a director

I imagine the upcoming court case will have him in some hot water given he was stealing from the club." WOW that's a statement, when was that determined? 

Just now, Roger the cabin boy said:

I imagine the upcoming court case will have him in some hot water given he was stealing from the club." WOW that's a statement, when was that determined? 

Former Livingston FC director Neil Hogarth arrested on fraud charges - Daily Record

Neil Hogarth sitting on his PC on Pie & Bovril desperate to clear his name here ffs :D 

5 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

INTERESTING THEORY... But that's not answered the question. 

Ever noticed how you're the only one defending yourself Neil? It's been a while on here with your multiple accounts but you've finally managed to let the mask slip :D

Even then I can't imagine it'll take long for the truth to come out, and if I'm wrong I'll be due you an apology then. With the history the club has for people taking the piss and mismanaging the club's finances for personal gain I don't think anyone can be harsh on fans for having a guard up on any of this especially with the claims put forward

Edited by ATLIS