Livingston - all the threads merged

9 minutes ago, Rogier le Garcon de Cabine said:

12 points out of 57 then ;) 

Damn, you win. 15/57 for us. 

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Someone's 0 (wins) has got to go. Bring on Saturday! 

Reveal hidden contents

FT Motherwell 0-0 Livingston

Almost certainly. The one result that doesn’t do anyone (except St Johnstone) any favours. 

So Martindale has an interview on BBC Sport talking about the booing of Nouble. Basically he's not happy about it but says it's fans right to do so however I've taken 2 sections which to me highlight bigger concerns about Martindale himself: 

“There’s no doubt Joel’s form needs to improve."

"There’s no doubt that his form is a bit off where it was last year but for me he’s still doing enough and contributing to the group. "

I just can't see how Martindale can think Nouble is contributing enough to keep the likes of St. Kelly, Bradley, Montano or Brandon out of the team and that's a major concern. When you've scored 1 goal in 11 you don't keep creative players on the bench in the hope Nouble all of a sudden rediscovers his form out of nowhere. 

You bench him in the hope that through training and sub appearances he builds up to being reintroduced to the starting 11 but something you certainly shouldn't do is continue to play him out of position.

I refuse to believe that the 4 players mentioned above are so bad in training that Nouble is the best option. 

Would add that I think booing Nouble was harsh when he's played out of position but I was one to sarcastically cheer the sub but for me that was directed at Martindale. 

Didn't hear him being booed, just a spontaneous loud cheer from frustrated fans. But i sit behind the away dugout, and don't often hear abusive shouts directed towards our players, think it mostly comes from a section behind the home dugout. 

Don't think Montano is properly fit yet, and is being given limited game time to protect him from breaking down again. Playing him in defence though, when Nottingham was perfectly fine, was giving us nothing to win the game. You want Montano getting up the wing and being as much up the pitch as possible. Same with Nouble playing RWB, he's dodgy defending and gives the ball away in dangerous areas, and not playing in a position that helps us in attack. The lack of goals is purely down to how we're set up, with too many defensive players, and some attacking players being stuck in defensive positions. That may be ok for spells to cover injuries, or playing for draws when we're in a comfortable position, but we're well covered in every position just now, to play our best starting XI, and in desperate needs of wins, draws aren't much good to us, esp against fellow bottom 6 teams.

Wins playing against St Johnstone, Motherwelll, and County would be massive for us, and instantly change our bleak outlook, draws just feel deflating.

28 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

So Martindale has an interview on BBC Sport talking about the booing of Nouble. Basically he's not happy about it but says it's fans right to do so however I've taken 2 sections which to me highlight bigger concerns about Martindale himself: 

“There’s no doubt Joel’s form needs to improve."

"There’s no doubt that his form is a bit off where it was last year but for me he’s still doing enough and contributing to the group. "

I just can't see how Martindale can think Nouble is contributing enough to keep the likes of St. Kelly, Bradley, Montano or Brandon out of the team and that's a major concern. When you've scored 1 goal in 11 you don't keep creative players on the bench in the hope Nouble all of a sudden rediscovers his form out of nowhere. 

You bench him in the hope that through training and sub appearances he builds up to being reintroduced to the starting 11 but something you certainly shouldn't do is continue to play him out of position.

I refuse to believe that the 4 players mentioned above are so bad in training that Nouble is the best option. 

Would add that I think booing Nouble was harsh when he's played out of position but I was one to sarcastically cheer the sub but for me that was directed at Martindale. 

Haven’t see the clip yet but I don’t agree with booing our players. It’s the opposite of supporting them, right?

There was an example when Shamal’s distribution was poor and went towards Phillips(?) when it was intended for Nouble. The loudmouths around me were then slaughtering Nouble. 

There’s no denying he’s out of form.

Edited by crispy

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Didn't hear him being booed, just a spontaneous loud cheer from frustrated fans. But i sit behind the away dugout, and don't often hear abusive shouts directed towards our players, think it mostly comes from a section behind the home dugout. 

There were some pretty toxic shouts from near the home dugout. Heard a guy calling Martindale a w@nker and telling him to f*ck off.

Any mistake by a player was greeted with ‘get him off’, too. We have to play someone ffs haha

2 minutes ago, crispy said:

There’s no denying he’s out of form.

The problem is that being out of form was not just consigned to last night. He has been looking lost for a number of weeks and this thinking that he is a right wing back just compounds the issue. Don't think he knows what he should be doing , certainly not strong enough, despite his build, to break up any opposing move in front of him. Time to ring the changes and get others a chance. I would rather see us losing having a right good go as opposed to conceding a goal and not having a plan B. Expect there are a few frustrated players on the bench that will be looking elsewhere for their football next season.

5 minutes ago, crispy said:

Devlin should’ve hit the target and Anderson the week before against Killie. 

They absolutely should have however Martindale is setting us up in a way that means we are reliant on effectively one clear cut chance in a game. 

If he changed tactics then there'd be a likelihood of more chances created and thus more chance that one gets converted.

We cannot rely on one big chance a game. 

6 hours ago, crispy said:

I actually agree with DM that Devlin should’ve hit the target and Anderson the week before against Killie. 

Nobody is denying they should hav scored but at the end of the day,we're talking about scraps here !!

Is that what it's came down too,wee snippets we should hav took.

What about actually should be happening is that we create lots of chances and deservedly win,not hanging on ifs and buts of 1 or 2 efforts.

We're playing players out of position and not playing players who should be playing  !!!

We're on our way to the Championship end off.

We hear next to nothing from the boardroom anymore,why is that ????

Edited by Dav nan Gael

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

See if we go down to the Championship and we're told that survival is a success and we've got the smallest budget in the league, I genuinely might lose it. 

I never thought I'd see us get to the premiership again in my lifetime so will enjoy the ride while it lasts but what is sad is going down with a wimper and the loss of our hardworking in your face style. 

1 minute ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

I never thought I'd see us get to the premiership again in my lifetime so will enjoy the ride while it lasts but what is sad is going down with a wimper and the loss of our hardworking in your face style. 

I was saying this last night, the differences in those Livi teams are utterly insane. That Livi team would bully the current one all over the park. 

I think that's what most grating to Livi fans with Nouble atm as well. He's the total opposite of the Livi team that fans fell in love with, he jogs about and floats in and out of the game. We don't have the players to go back to that pressing game anymore, and we're struggling because of it.