Livingston - all the threads merged

Just now, ATLIS said:

At a first glance you'd think that's a big hike but an inflation calculator shows that apparently £240 in 2016 is £327.76 in 2024 money. An effective price rise of £12.24, which when you consider that works out at a £1.53 increase per season. 

Also worth considering we had just come up from League 1 so weren't exactly aiming high, whereas this season it sounds like we will be actively pushing to go straight back up.

I don't have any major issues with the ST prices as they have barely increased the prices whilst we've been in the premiership and they also continue to keep kids tickets cheap. 

I do take some issue with the lack of acknowledgement of how poor our season has been. Has the club actually mentioned the word "relegation" in any social media platforms? 

I know Ward previously defended Martindale on twitter because we are expected to be relegated so it was bound to happen eventually and I myself can handle relegation if the product on the park is at least remotely enjoyable to watch but since the world cup break last season we have been absolutely awful to watch for the most part. For me this has been down to utterly bonkers tactics as well as needless and continuous tinkering by the manager. 

We may well have a top 4 budget next season but if we continue to have no identity or style then we will be mid table at best. 

18 hours ago, Durnford said:

He's actually a strict follower of Islam and observed Ramadan in full a couple of months back. Presumably that means that he doesn't touch alcohol?

All I know is that he was arrested once for drink driving, once for speeding and once again for a further offence.

All in the first 4 months of being in Scotland.

3 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

It can’t be common to put the price up (per game) when a club gets relegated?

What a sorry state our club is in.

You say that like it's a new thing. It's  been one debacle after a calamity, followed by a farce.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You say that like it's a new thing. It's  been one debacle after a calamity, followed by a farce.

Which one of those was the last 8 seasons during back to back promotions and 6 seasons in the top flight?

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Which one of those was the last 8 seasons during back to back promotions and 6 seasons in the top flight?

All of them are the build up to the next clusterfuck.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Don’t see the point, especially right after the trust reshuffle

We'll still be here at Xmas waiting on the Trust engaging with its membership at this rate.

Given what i saw on Wards tweets last week it seems he met with the Trust a few weeks ago

Here was us thinking the Trust is a transparent supporters organisation.

IMG_1709.jpeg

Edited by Livi

I've probably been fairly harsh on the Trust in the past, mainly due to their (lack of) actions when on the board, and comments made by the fan rep and chariman after. However given the recent changes and influx of new roles it's probably best to give them a bit of leeway in the short term. 

After looking at this particular comment, it seems a fan has taken offence at Ward's comments on Joey Barton. In the grand scheme of things, criticising that p***k seems absolutely fine to me. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

I've probably been fairly harsh on the Trust in the past, mainly due to their (lack of) actions when on the board, and comments made by the fan rep and chariman after. However given the recent changes and influx of new roles it's probably best to give them a bit of leeway in the short term. 

After looking at this particular comment, it seems a fan has taken offence at Ward's comments on Joey Barton. In the grand scheme of things, criticising that p***k seems absolutely fine to me. 

I get that but rather than say nothing why not put holding message out. Its a simple way of telling its membership we're on it.

Reading that thread on X its more Ward saying that fans questioning him and the manager were abusing them which is not always the case. Many that read Wards general posts know his own behaviour.

Barton though 🤣😅 

Edited by Livi

I'm a trust member and am in no way concerned about the lack of transparency between the new board and members.As has been said,we knew it would take a wee bit of time for the handover,and I for one are happy to give them time to bed in.Also we were told at the recent meeting they would endeavour to hold talks with the club at the earliest possible opportunity.Theve done that,and I'm happy to wait on them getting back to us,albeit frustrating for others to hear their collective thought.Patience isn't for everyone I guess.🦁.

13 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

I'm a trust member and am in no way concerned about the lack of transparency between the new board and members.As has been said,we knew it would take a wee bit of time for the handover,and I for one are happy to give them time to bed in.Also we were told at the recent meeting they would endeavour to hold talks with the club at the earliest possible opportunity.Theve done that,and I'm happy to wait on them getting back to us,albeit frustrating for others to hear their collective thought.Patience isn't for everyone I guess.🦁.

Certainly not when the court cases are coming thick and fast and the obvious question is who is paying for these cases. The ordinary fan 🤷‍♂️

41 minutes ago, Livi said:

Certainly not when the court cases are coming thick and fast and the obvious question is who is paying for these cases. The ordinary fan 🤷‍♂️

Suspect you may be correct.Until these upcoming proceedings are concluded sooner rather than later we'll just have to sit tight.Think the support are having a we'll earned break from all this after such a dissapointing season,both on and off the field.Been exhausting to be frank. 🤷‍♂️.

40 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Suspect you may be correct.Until these upcoming proceedings are concluded sooner rather than later we'll just have to sit tight.Think the support are having a we'll earned break from all this after such a dissapointing season,both on and off the field.Been exhausting to be frank. 🤷‍♂️.

No time for a well earned rest while the club is making substantial financial losses, court cases along with court costs and ownership issues

We went years with the Trust sleeping at the wheel the new crew need to give confidence they've now woken up and asking some of the questions the fans are collectively asking over a number of public forums.

Wakey wakey 

16 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

All of them are the build up to the next clusterfuck.

Fifty shades of clusterfucks could be the Livi story, some clubs never get the success we've had though, just the clusterfucks amid periods of mundane mediocrity.

Excellent update from the Trust recently - suggesting formal meetings with the club will be a regular occurrence

I'm not surprised that previous board members dragged their feet with the handover, hopefully the new board is a bit more outward looking.  

1 minute ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Daily Record reporting we're looking at Hamilton's Lewis Smith.

Left-footed right winger, I think, so a potential replacement for the probably departing Steven Bradley.

Agreement reached for Calan Ledingham's contract to be terminated. Doesn't sound like it's because another club has come in for him, and if that was the case you'd like to think we'd at least have taken a sell on if not a small fee.

Bit weird considering he was included in the list of young players promoted to the first team 3 days ago.

7 hours ago, Livi said:

We'll still be here at Xmas waiting on the Trust engaging with its membership at this rate.

Given what i saw on Wards tweets last week it seems he met with the Trust a few weeks ago

Here was us thinking the Trust is a transparent supporters organisation.

IMG_1709.jpeg

Involvement in Livi aside (good or bad), he always comes across as such a c**t.