Livingston - all the threads merged

45 minutes ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

Another one bites the dust 

Any rumours on who we’ve got coming in? 

Just read he's looking to bring in 3 players, and is close to getting a deal on one of them, haven't a clue who they are though. One of them is an attacker.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Just read he's looking to bring in 3 players, and is close to getting a deal on one of them, haven't a clue who they are though. One of them is an attacker.

I'll believe it when I see it.In other news,looks like we're stuck with Noubs.Apparently Exeter City have pulled out.Exciting times ahead methinks.🤷‍♂️🤣.

7 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

I'll believe it when I see it.In other news,looks like we're stuck with Noubs.Apparently Exeter City have pulled out.Exciting times ahead methinks.🤷‍♂️🤣.

Someone from Exeter must've come on our socials. Can we not just pay them to take him. Should be pretty obv to Nouble nobody wants him because he's been shite for about a year now, if he wants a move he needs to up his efforts considerably, and show some desire in games.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

If I was Exeter I’d take a punt. If he turns up and remembers how to play football for the next four months then they could sell him for a nice profit. Once he’s played a few games in the EFL there’s bound to be someone else who’d take him on loan from them even if he’s shite.

It’s a shame how it’s panned out that I would be disappointed if he’s still here next week. The fact we are willing to let him go, when we’re six points adrift at the bottom, goes to show he’s totally dispensable at this stage.

Edited by CharlieWhisky

No problem with Nouble staying if a) he's played in a sensible position, and b) he has a couple good performances off the bench to find some good form again.

Gary Caldwell is hardly doing a great job at Exeter, he'd be just as likely as Martindale to play Nouble at wing back or as a lone striker

15 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Any chat on if you boys are wanting Boyes back? We’ve signed another 2 centre halves today so getting a bit worried he’ll be away down the road 

Personally, I hope he's on his way back. I always liked the look of him, but he needed a run of games. 

With the fact that Mickey Devlin is absolute shite, I'd take Boyes back now in a heartbeat.

4 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Personally, I hope he's on his way back. I always liked the look of him, but he needed a run of games. 

With the fact that Mickey Devlin is absolute shite, I'd take Boyes back now in a heartbeat.

Ditto, he'd improve our squad at the moment, bring him home

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Any chat on if you boys are wanting Boyes back? We’ve signed another 2 centre halves today so getting a bit worried he’ll be away down the road 

I imagine it'll be if one CB gets a long term injury, or if a signing doesn't pan out. We're looking at bringing a CB in apparently 

11 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Is Boyes contract up at the end of this season? 

If so even if he came back I can't see him getting much game time because I don't think Martindale rates him enough to offer a new contract. 

I've always thought he was alright but needed game time to help him improve. Has he done well up in Inverness? 

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I imagine it'll be if one CB gets a long term injury, or if a signing doesn't pan out. We're looking at bringing a CB in apparently 

We’ve got about 6/7 options that can play centre back now, for only 3 spots it might be overkill. I’m happy enough if he’s not wanted back down the road

25 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Is Boyes contract up at the end of this season? 

If so even if he came back I can't see him getting much game time because I don't think Martindale rates him enough to offer a new contract. 

I've always thought he was alright but needed game time to help him improve. Has he done well up in Inverness? 

He’s been pretty good, slotted in the left hand side of a back 3 nicely. Been good anytime I’ve seen him but admittedly I’ve only been to a few games. 

A few sites online have his deal up at the end of this season, not sure how accurate that is though 

Boyes tended to get caught out with balls in behind us, but from what i've seen of Devlin recently, Boyes wouldn't be any worse, and might even be a better option after getting a loan spell playing regular games. It would be worth bringing him back ad giving him another shot at it for us. As i said, he isn't worse than Devlin, and with the injuries we have in defence it could work for both us and Boyes getting back in the team.

Signing another CB who hasn't played for us is a gamble anyway, no guarantee he'd do well for us, and will prob need a few games to get up to speed. 

In his Dundee preview, Martindale said there were players expected to leave due to their peripheral squad status but because they'd impressed him in Turkey and in training, he put them in the team against Raith then they did really well. He went on to mention Sangare and Stephen Kelly immediately after so that's obviously who he meant. If that's them both officially back in the picture now then great. Martindale made the point that Sangare's re-emergence in a new position is ideal timing given Montano is now out for at least a month.

He also said Yengi, Devlin and Obileye are available for Dundee. Didn't specifically mention Bradley's availability but described him as "like a new signing" which suggests there's no injury concern.

Edited by Freedom Farter

2 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

In his Dundee preview, Martindale said there were players expected to leave due to their peripheral squad status but because they'd impressed him in Turkey and in training, he put them in the team against Raith then they did really well. He went on to mention Sangare and Stephen Kelly immediately after so that's obviously who he meant. If that's them both officially back in the picture now then great. Martindale made the point that Sangare's re-emergence in a new position is ideal timing given Montano is now out for at least a month.

He also said Yengi, Devlin and Obileye are available for Dundee. Didn't specifically mention Bradley's availability but described him as "like a new signing" which suggests there's no injury concern.

Bradley's training this week so should be available too.  Yengi plying is a boost too, he's looked good in both games i've seen him play, Hearts and Winterthur.

So much to process but some initial thoughts:

- I still think that's the right system but my God, the players have to speed up their understanding of how to play in it. Running about like kids and very few players looked like they understood their roles, particularly after the triple substitution.

- The defence looked like they had zero understanding of what McGovern expected of them. Poor communication from both sides and a risk of dropping George despite me being very much in favour of that. McGovern for his part looked bad for the 3rd and 4th goals

- Why did we make a triple substitution when we were on top in the game and looked threatening? Why did we take Dan Mackay off who'd been a constant menace? Why did we take Donnellan off who looked solid despite being next to clownshoes? I think Yengi and particularly Nouble came on and did well but ffs, we were all over the place after those subs were made. I don't understand why Shinnie came off either when he looked effective in the game as well. 

Defence was absolutely brutal today but Martindale has to take a lot of the blame for making those subs.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Agree with all that except for Nottingham, who I rate. The second goal was his doing but Penrice assisted the first to no mention. Penrice was also weak on the third albeit he was pushed. 

Brandon and Sangare shouldn't have been dropped especially Brandon. He couldn't have done much more against Raith.

2 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Agree with all that except for Nottingham, who I rate. The second goal was his doing but Penrice assisted the first to no mention. Penrice was also weak on the third albeit he was pushed. 

Brandon and Sangare shouldn't have been dropped especially Brandon. He couldn't have done much more against Raith.

Always appreciate your analysis but I really don't see what Nottingham brings to the team. Awkward on the ball, lumbering, poor positioning, error prone. 

Agree with you on Penrice, he was the second worst today.

19 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Agree about Brandon not starting.  He has been one of the very few positives this season.