Livingston - all the threads merged

The Trust has taken two months to arrange a meeting, whilst not even bothering to comment on the Rankine case.

That case mentioned dubious actions by Rankine dating back to 2013, a time when the Trust had a board member in place. As a fan, I’d like to know what DS was actually doing the 4 years he was on the board, given it co-incided with Nixon’s undeclared bonus’s to players which saw a points deduction 

Getting quickly to the point that the club may just need a complete break, entirely new ownership. No Ward, Sumner, Rankine, Hogarth - someone to come in and actually take control of the club instead of this back and forth between two camps fighting for control. All it's doing is hindering the club.

34 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Getting quickly to the point that the club may just need a complete break, entirely new ownership. No Ward, Sumner, Rankine, Hogarth - someone to come in and actually take control of the club instead of this back and forth between two camps fighting for control. All it's doing is hindering the club.

Atlis I'd fire DM into the mix above,yeah he's done well for us on the park(until this season),of that they're can be no doubt .

But I didn't need the characters on here to tell me something is amiss with his general involvement behind the scenes. 

We truly are needing a clean sweep of all mentioned recently on this thread and a fresh start.

For too long our club has been targeted by dodgy individuals/groups.............

1 hour ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Atlis I'd fire DM into the mix above,yeah he's done well for us on the park(until this season),of that they're can be no doubt .

But I didn't need the characters on here to tell me something is amiss with his general involvement behind the scenes. 

We truly are needing a clean sweep of all mentioned recently on this thread and a fresh start.

For too long our club has been targeted by dodgy individuals/groups.............

To be fair that probably came with the territory, was just including it without saying. IMO with a better budget he's got what it takes to be a great manager but it depends on how much you think he's poisoned his reputation at the club.

15 hours ago, Trumpty Dumpty said:

So everything Martindale says is the truth is it? That story was bullshit. The Americans are still there. It was his timetable that was thrown into the air because he wanted money before the transfer window closed. 

he also wanted it to line his own pockets. And there’s proof. 

So believe what you want. It’s all going to come out soon.

Nobody in their right mind is going to come in to take over Livi when there's a power struggle between 2 parties and constant court cases, so i don't need to believe everything Martindale says, we can all see for ourselves what he's saying was true. How can you buy Livi when another party goes to court to claim the sale is invalid because they own shares too, not going to happen.

Ward has also admitted he can't take Livi forward himself, and is looking for new owners to do so, but again, how can it happen with Hogarth and Sumner hanging around disrupting everything. AGAIN my question on what their plans would be if they got sole control of Livi would be, we at least have Ward telling us what he's trying to do, but all we see Hogarth and Sumner doing is taking the club to court in a power struggle. One of them needs to just get this shit sorted and move us on, it also isn't going to be as sellable to new owners dropping out of the top flight.

All this shite has damaged the club when it was in a prime position to grow stronger, and to say you or the other accounts don't have an agenda when you've clearly picked sides, is bullshit. Us Livi posters that signed up to talk football don't have agendas, and just want what's best for the club, right now, it's clear Hogarth and Sumner isn't what's best for the club, and for Ward to move on it all needs sorted out, and not continual Court cases dragging on for another year or two. By the time this is done the club's going to be ripe for another dodgy chancer like Rankine coming in to pick over the bones. All Wards good work, and our time in the top flight, will be wasted.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

and our time in the top flight, will be wasted.

Nothing is ever wasted. You’ve had a great run and achieved as much, or more, than you could have expected.

15 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

The thing that got us 7 seasons of good times was continuity, the clusterfuck of a power struggle has clearly had an affect on everything this season, but ripping everything up may be all that's left for us to do. Best option right now would be for everyone involved to just GTF and bring new owners in for a fresh start, but i can't see Hogarth and Sumner doing that, they clearly want full control to try and make as much as possible from their shares, but ironically will have devalued them when we drop down a division.

4 minutes ago, andrewh said:

Nothing is ever wasted. You’ve had a great run and achieved as much, or more, than you could have expected.

Yeah it's been an unexpected great time in the top flight, just a shame all this off field shite has hamstrung us from being in a good strong financial position when we will finally be relegated.

Personally, and i'd imagine it to be the same for all the long term Livi fans that weren't spoiled by just top flight football and back to back top six finishes, i'm not too bothered where we play, we've all been around long enough to follow the team in every division. The top flight has been a blast though, humping Celtic for the first time, playing St Johnstone in a cup final, humping Hearts 5-0, lots of good times in the last 5 seasons up here. This one not so much, but we all knew it would come, clubs like Hearts, Dundee, Dundee Utd, and Killie have been relegated while we've played in the Premiership, it's no shock it's our turn to be sitting bottom now.

16 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah that's def what's needed, and it looked to be what Ward was trying to do, but the fighting over control by Hogarth and Sumner blocking a sale knackered that. McIlvogue was a stop gap till the court cases got sorted, but even that has been knackered. Ward might end up just walking away leaving Hogarth and Sumner to get on with it, dear knows where that would leave us, would be good if an intermediator like the Trust could get involved to get both parties to share their plans for the club to move on from this shite.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah that's def what's needed, and it looked to be what Ward was trying to do, but the fighting over control by Hogarth and Sumner blocking a sale knackered that. McIlvogue was a stop gap till the court cases got sorted, but even that has been knackered. Ward might end up just walking away leaving Hogarth and Sumner to get on with it, dear knows where that would leave us, would be good if an intermediator like the Trust could get involved to get both parties to share their plans for the club to move on from this shite.

Forgot to add, peoples jobs are also at stake here, the hard working people behind the scenes in the everyday running of the club, this shite has serious consequences for them too.

As majority shareholders, do Hogarth and Sumners have a duty to explain their position to say, the trust? We never hear from them, if they are invested in the club, or even interested, we as fans know nothing. Where is their accountability in all this and can the trust bring everyone to the table as you mentioned?

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Forgot to add, peoples jobs are also at stake here, the hard working people behind the scenes in the everyday running of the club, this shite has serious consequences for them too.

Why that snooty arsehole Hearts fan who spams half our threads needs slung. Posh boy piles in with his perverse ethical abstraction as if folk's lives wouldn't be drastically affected if he got his "liquidation" wish. There's a longtime community worker at the club who I still see sometimes in the crowd on matchdays. She was kind to me when I was a kid at Livi, she's just a good person, and after she lost her employment for a while, it was amazing to see her get it back again once the club finances improved.

11 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

once the club finances improved.

The club finances SHOULD have improved but clearly they haven't. Even Ward has acknowledged that. The big question is WHY.

20 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Talk to me chaps, he any good? 

Probably and hopefully but we've no idea as he's only made a couple of late sub appearances against Celtic. He's a creative centre mid or attacking mid. More a passer than a dribbler. I'm going on Nigeria u-20 matches I watched online. Someone who's seen him for Livi reserves will be better placed to judge.

Edited by Freedom Farter

26 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Talk to me chaps, he any good? 

Just saw that on a Livi news feed. 

Aye he looks a lively quick player, should be good for him getting a loan spell to get more game time, looks a promising prospect.

31 minutes ago, Trumpty Dumpty said:

The biggest problem here seems to be the illusion that Ward is and always has been the saviour. Nothing could be further from the truth. He's gone along with Martindale's horrendous mismanagement, overspending and abuse. Don't believe me, ask the staff in the building every day. He shows them nothing but contempt.

I'm not defending Hogarth and Sumner, but you need a reality check here. The legal case against Hogarth was flawed from the start. Ward and Martindale were told that and still blew an estimated £175k on legal expenses. Why? They're spending fortunes fighting over ownership of Opcco with club money. Their sole objective is ownership. That's illegal, so why are they getting away with it?

People here are suggesting Hogarth and Sumner should walk away. Why? Because they're inconvenient? If there are buyers or investors out there, why should people who have bankrolled their legal actions with club money to wrest control away from the legitimate owners, be allowed to profit from their illegal actions?

You won't stop it leaving the club in the hands of the present squatters who've bullied and threatened and financially abused their way to control-for the moment.

This will end badly for the squatters and sadly, probably the club.

Well this is all a one sided view with no actual evidence but your hearsay that it is true. 7 successful seasons don't really back up your version of the truth though, if even a fraction of what you're saying is true, you'd think it would've come out long before now, and we wouldn't have had this period of relative off field calm, and on field success. You don't come across as an impartial byestander with no beef. Which doesn't help anyone believe anything you say is true, even if it turns out some of it is. It comes across as if you're one of the parties involved in all of this, and have been ousted from the club by them. 

The back to back promotions and 6 seasons in the top flight kinda buys Martindale and Ward some goodwill, enough that it's difficult to believe the tyrants tag you're portraying them as. Also, Callum Carson covered the club in that period, and got pretty close to everyone in and around the club, he comes across as a really sound and honest guy, and an Airdrie supporter with no bias to Livingston. Given his past with mental health, which he's been pretty open about, i seriously doubt he'd keep quiet about Martindale and Ward being abusive to staff members, and acting in such an abusive manner.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

McIlvogue was a stop gap till the court cases got sorted,

20 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The back to back promotions and 6 seasons in the top flight kinda buys Martindale and Ward some goodwill

Lol, kool-aid seems to be your drink of choice.

21 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Given his past with mental health, which he's been pretty open about, i seriously doubt he'd keep quiet about Martindale and Ward being abusive to staff members, and acting in such an abusive manner

So instead of actually asking current members of staff, you’re relying on “oh Martindale’s mouthpiece hasn’t said anything, so it must be all sunshine and rainbows”

Just now, larry the lion said:

so just walk into the club and say, 'so is Ward a cnut' and see what everyone says? Even if he is, is he the biggest one? Where are owners? 

Ehhhh no. We’re talking about Martindale here.  

treats his staff like shit and the majority of players hate him.