Livingston - all the threads merged

1 minute ago, The Wrong Car said:

Wasn’t Souda criticised by Holt? Harsh to blame Martindale for that one, however I agree with your general point regarding squad managements and favourites. The players also have to take some blame, however. Some, like Kelly and Anderson have be misused tactically however they’ve hardly contributed when on the pitch. 

It was a bit of both at the time, but under Holt, yes

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

It was a bit of both at the time, but under Holt, yes

Fair enough, I remember thinking Holt’s comments on Souda after the Forfar and Hamilton games being unnecessary harsh on a new signing 

That Brandon to centre mid sub with Sangare to left back has made me absolutely seething.

STOP. PUTTING. SQUARE. PEGS. IN. ROUND. HOLES.

Martindale lost us that win through sheer arrogance. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

9 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

That Brandon to centre mid sub with Sangare to left back has made me absolutely seething.

STOP. PUTTING. SQUARE. PEGS. IN. ROUND. HOLES.

Martindale lost us that win through sheer arrogance. 

He's been doing it for ages, absolutely throwing games away. It's an ego thing, he thinks it works so he'll make it work (until it doesn't).

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

He's been doing it for ages, absolutely throwing games away. It's an ego thing, he thinks it works so he'll make it work (until it doesn't).

I'm not even sure he thinks it will work. I think the stats/analysis tell  him it will work and thus he follows it blindly. 

All over now absolutely no question about it !!

Don't want to hear any yadeeda about the next game or we're still fighting, it's over...........

What should be getting spoke about is preparing for the Championship. 

6 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Don't want to hear any yadeeda about the next game or we're still fighting, it's over...........

He says we have enough character to stay in the top league  🙄😀

4 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

We knew this weeks ago.The post split fixtures will be irrelevant to us,as we won't be involved in them.Got to hope the club have a condingiouncy plan for the the inevitable.Sorry for the grammar. We're down and we know it.😢.

I was almost afraid we'd win that one and start believing again; at one stage we were four points behind County and eight behind st Johnstone (and as it turns out; Aberdeen; who we still have to play twice more).

Not only do we have to play them after the split but they have to play each other .

TBH what I want now is to spend a season when I don't spend every weekend feeling deflated; for a start some of us don't have than many years left. Add to this the bloody VAR situation I am really starting to think I'd enjoy next season a lot more if it was down a division.

Despite todays result,predictable as it was.Would be so refreshing to here less from Roger,Livi and so many other suedenems on here.Frankly nauseous and embarrassing.FFS.Get a grip.Were not talking Old firm Hearts Hibs etc.You lot continue daily spout things that you with respect know fech all about.You know who you are.Give your keyboard a rest until you know something concrete, which you don't 🤷‍♂️.

9 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Despite todays result,predictable as it was.Would be so refreshing to here less from Roger,Livi and so many other suedenems on here.Frankly nauseous and embarrassing.FFS.Get a grip.Were not talking Old firm Hearts Hibs etc.You lot continue daily spout things that you with respect know fech all about.You know who you are.Give your keyboard a rest until you know something concrete, which you don't 🤷‍♂️.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 

With respect  NO

43 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I was almost afraid we'd win that one and start believing again; at one stage we were four points behind County and eight behind st Johnstone (and as it turns out; Aberdeen; who we still have to play twice more).

Not only do we have to play them after the split but they have to play each other .

TBH what I want now is to spend a season when I don't spend every weekend feeling deflated; for a start some of us don't have than many years left. Add to this the bloody VAR situation I am really starting to think I'd enjoy next season a lot more if it was down a division.

Agree with a lot of what you said Durnford,especially the part about VAR. 

That's the big positive I'm taking about relegation,that I celebrate a goal,its a goal instead of hanging about waiting on a check or VAR checking the monitor to give any advantage to the "the 2012 reincarnation fc". 

Elsewhere DM is to blame for today,not the players......his substitution's and where he's playing certain players is woeful. 

Surely with championship football beckoning,he starts talking about that,rather than a season with hardly any games left for us to make any dent in rescuing ourselves. 

Particularly when you see,who we have to play pre-split.

I mean,give it the fook up davie,we're down.

We've had chances in recent weeks to turn it round and we've failed to do so against those around us........ 

32 minutes ago, Livi said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 

With respect  NO

Hopefully next season won't have to listen to you and your cohorts inane drivel week after week.Nuasiues and frankly embarrassing.You lot have done this thread a massive disservice. Quicker you all feck off the better.And I'm not the only one.You arses don't represent the run of the mill Livi fans,of which I'm one.Bury my head in the sand if you want.See how vocal you are in the Championship next season.💩.

11 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Hopefully next season won't have to listen to you and your cohorts inane drivel week after week.Nuasiues and frankly embarrassing.You lot have done this thread a massive disservice. Quicker you all feck off the better.And I'm not the only one.You arses don't represent the run of the mill Livi fans,of which I'm one.Bury my head in the sand if you want.See how vocal you are in the Championship next season.💩.

Hopefully you will learn to spell and write in sentences rather than riddle's 😀 

Edited by Livi

11 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Guthrie blunted our attack as usual and his presence especially neutered Yengi. Sean Kelly, who can't defend yet gets played centre back, didn't bother marking Clark for the St Johnstone goal. 

Thought Guthrie did OK but agree with you that he neutered Yengi. Regardless of how he did, I have no idea why a winger/attacking midfielder wasn't brought on instead. 

I'm still seething that Montano (who was absolutely gubbed) wasn't directly replaced by Brandon. You'd have shifted everyone over 1 spot to the left and they would have all been in a relatively comfortable position. Instead it was all about height (again).

16 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Guthrie blunted our attack as usual and his presence especially neutered Yengi. Sean Kelly, who can't defend yet gets played centre back, didn't bother marking Clark for the St Johnstone goal. 

I was incredibly glad Anderson never came on at any point considering Considines legs are gone and he ended up on the park, and McGowan seemed rattled from all the fighting he'd had to do in the first hour.

Anderson would've got in behind a few times in that second half and dragged the CBs everywhere. 

Just now, EdinburghLivi said:

Thought Guthrie did OK but agree with you that he neutered Yengi. Regardless of how he did, I have no idea why a winger/attacking midfielder wasn't brought on instead. 

I'm still seething that Montano (who was absolutely gubbed) wasn't directly replaced by Brandon. You'd have shifted everyone over 1 spot to the left and they would have all been in a relatively comfortable position. Instead it was all about height (again).

When Devlin went off, Brandon could've come on at right back with Nottingham moving to centre back.

Instead Martindale brought back the spine of shite from earlier in the season, Guthrie at centre forward and Sean Kelly at centre back.

Yengi's hold up play at centre forward is very good too. He's actually the player Martindale thinks Guthrie is.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I was incredibly glad Anderson never came on at any point considering Considines legs are gone and he ended up on the park, and McGowan seemed rattled from all the fighting he'd had to do in the first hour.

Anderson would've got in behind a few times in that second half and dragged the CBs everywhere. 

Aye but Guthrie has scored once in his 39 Premiership appearances. When you have a stat like that in town, Yengi can go play on the wing and Anderson needn't bother turning up. 

3 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

3 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

We knew this weeks ago.The post split fixtures will be irrelevant to us,as we won't be involved in them.Got to hope the club have a condingiouncy plan for the the inevitable.Sorry for the grammar. We're down and we know it.😢.

Problem with next season is after all this off field shite between Hogarth and Sumner v Ward and Martindale, where will we be left going into next season, who will have control, and if it's Hogarth et al*, what exactly are they bringing to Livi, because from what i can see both just want to get to f**k with as much money as they can get, and don't give a stuff about the club.

*Rankine is still pulling strings here.