Livingston - all the threads merged

Anyone been to the reception yet to see the collection box(es) at Living-beyond-their-means?

Was wondering if there was only one, or whether there is one for each creditor or person on the payroll, with a label detailing how much is due to be paid, the age of the debt, and any other key information (e.g. is there a repayment plan or not set-up, have they already taken Livingston to court, if wages aren't paid in next couple of days the player may be able to leave the club for nothing on Monday). The fans can then make an educated decision if they want to make a donation and who they feel is most worthy of their kindness.

Anyone got any ideas?

Anyone been to the reception yet to see the collection box(es) at Living-beyond-their-means?

Was wondering if there was only one, or whether there is one for each creditor or person on the payroll, with a label detailing how much is due to be paid, the age of the debt, and any other key information (e.g. is there a repayment plan or not set-up, have they already taken Livingston to court, if wages aren't paid in next couple of days the player may be able to leave the club for nothing on Monday). The fans can then make an educated decision if they want to make a donation and who they feel is most worthy of their kindness.

Anyone got any ideas?

Answers on a postcard :P

Putting Livi 10 points behind is ofcourse only 3 wins and a draw. Although surely there would be a need to sell more players to make the club more finacially bouyant, but this in turn might see them relegated anywya. I could see why going into administration even with the threat of some relegation might be more appealing.

This is from their forum this morning..............

"I think people are looking too much into this, season tickets will be bought in June, July & August and and as the club have stated it is a SHORT TERM cash flow problem."

UNQUOTE

Phew, thank goodnes for that. Seems they are perfectly ok, so there is no need to concern ourselves. It'll all be fixed very soon as it's only short term. They had me worried there, but Massone is on top of things. That is such a relief!

I read into this that season tickets would fix their short term problems, leaving them aneed to find more money to deal with longer term ones.

Anyone got any ideas?

Surely there should be a bucket that is labled " Angelo's exit strategy fund"... :lol:

The whole thing is frustrating, infuriating and gut wrenching in equal measure.

Some of us 'enemies of the club' have been trying to tell people for nine months that there was a problem and were ignored. Now it is too late.

Some of us 'enemies of the club' have been trying to tell people for nine months that there was a problem and were ignored. Now it is too late.

Sadly it looks like you're correct.

Even now, in the fucking mess that Massone's Livingston has become, there's still a faction of your support that believes in him.

As you, and most other posters on this forum have said, if he doesn't get the f**k out of there, your club is finished.

Get united and get him out. It's your only hope.

Get united and get him out. It's your only hope.

Sadly there is to many division's in the Livi support, for any of this to happen. I notice in one Livi fans site (not LL), some poster would rather walk up to the reception & hand Massone the cash, rather than work with the Trust (who will be around alot longer than Massone will ever be)

Sad times to be a Livi fan :(

There's been a problem since Meadowbank moved to Livi.

I remember when you were one of the most viciferous proponents of the "Normal rules of business

are irrelevant we are Livingston FC" agenda.

Sad times indeed.

Edited by AND180Y

You think it can't get any worse...then it does.

Massone told the SFL at a meeting a few weeks ago that there was no problems and everything was going to be sorted out. They believed him and what do we have?

Players still without April's wages (according to Dave MacKay in last week's papers). A list of creditors in the courts still to be paid. West Lothian Council owed a small fortune. No management team after the last lot were disgracefully suspended. And a bucket in reception.

What is happening at Almondvale is a disgrace and an even bigger one is that the authorities are allowing this idiot to lead them a merry dance. Maybe they are waiting for the inevitable or don't want to be seen to be forcing a club towards closure, but surely the time has come for them to stop this circus.

I also think PFA Scotland should be making their presence felt. The players apparently wanted the union to keep a low profile to a certain extent as they were still receiving their wages, but I reckon they have nothing to lose by coming out and attacking Massone. Livi are going down the tubes anyway.

As for the fans, it is up to them what they feel is the right thing to do but I would be keeping my cash firmly in my wallet and not giving Massone and the current regime a penny. I'd save it for the relaunch of the club or whatever happens once this chancer is chased away.

Sadly there is to many division's in the Livi support, for any of this to happen. I notice in one Livi fans site (not LL), some poster would rather walk up to the reception & hand Massone the cash, rather than work with the Trust (who will be around alot longer than Massone will ever be)

Sad times to be a Livi fan :(

Sweet christ :o

Sweet christ :o

Nothing surprises me anymore. I think Griffiths wasn't sold because the money wasn't enough. It might have been enough to see the club on a slightly more even keel, but I have this niggling doubt that the money from Griffiths will ever get to the football club. It might well represent the last asset stripping possibility if he can't get the stadium on a no strings attached basis. For the sake of argument, if say, a 250k sale went through, that money would be spirited away and the club would be allowed to fold. As simple as.

Oh, and purchase of the stadium..........what's the betting that the offer will be that the council accept settlement of the overdue rent (280k), as full and final payment for the stadium, and that the debt be re-structured over five years.

Edited by Guest

Nothing surprises me anymore. I think Griffiths wasn't sold because the money wasn't enough. It might have been enough to see the club on a slightly more even keel, but I have this niggling doubt that the money from Griffiths will ever get to the football club. It might well represent the last asset stripping possibility if he can't get the stadium on a no strings attached basis. For the sake of argument, if say, a 250k sale went through, that money would be spirited away and the club would be allowed to fold. As simple as.

Oh, and purchase of the stadium..........what's the betting that the offer will be that the council accept settlement of the overdue rent (280k), as full and final payment for the stadium, and that the debt be re-structured over five years.

Do you think the council would do a deal with someone as unreliable as Massone?

And how would he manage to spirit cash from any sale of Leigh Griffiths? Even he surely couldn't just pocket it?

Do you think the council would do a deal with someone as unreliable as Massone?

And how would he manage to spirit cash from any sale of Leigh Griffiths? Even he surely couldn't just pocket it?

1. I work for a local authority, and from personal experience, logic frequently goes entirely out the window. Although in an example as extreme as this, i'd be surprised. I can't imagine local Council taxpayers would he hugely enamoured with such a decision.

2. Couldn't he? He owns the club at the moment so i'd imagine (and more importantly HE'LL imagine) that he can do whatever the f**k he wants.

Shite.

Yes the way they allegedly treated you to make you change your mind about things was shite.

Is it really 9 months since you insulted Massone by asking to get paid?

Was all good up till that point.