Livingston - all the threads merged

The SFL's disinclination to take any real action in this debacle is shameful but not surprising. The main reason that they are doing nothing is because so many other clubs are facing financial problems and some of them, perhaps including Dundee, are still living a fantasy where cash in the door is far outweighed by cash going out.

If they apply sanctions to Livi then the SFL itself can be seen as an agent of their demise, so you can bet Longmuir, McMaster and Co are all hoping and praying that it ends soon with none of the shit flying in their direction.

excuse me for asking but where is this idea of wiping debts and starting in the third coming from?? as i remmber it no such thing was offered to Airdrieonians, the club went into administration and sought a buyer, there was plenty interest but no one could come up with enough cash to satisfy creditors and administrators so the club was wound up

and that is exactly what will happen to livingston, unless this Nixon charachter has 500k at his disposal

The SFL's disinclination to take any real action in this debacle is shameful but not surprising. The main reason that they are doing nothing is because so many other clubs are facing financial problems and some of them, perhaps including Dundee, are still living a fantasy where cash in the door is far outweighed by cash going out.

If they apply sanctions to Livi then the SFL itself can be seen as an agent of their demise, so you can bet Longmuir, McMaster and Co are all hoping and praying that it ends soon with none of the shit flying in their direction.

That sums up my thoughts exactly. There are many clubs who are on the brink and if SPL2 comes about then the SFL would be in charge of half a dozen part time teams.

Do you actually think folk are dishing out £250 a week in the third division?

At least one club is, but that's the exception rather than the rule.

This whole thing is just one big spaghetti western, complete with Italian Cowboys.

What safeguards are there that this sort of things wont happen again? - that's right - absolutely nothing!

So I can expect a thread like this next year?

INSERT CLUB NAME HERE ____________________ :(

Edited by Chuckinho

I am led to believe that Brake Brothers, the catering company, have a case against Livingston in court today for unpaid invoices.

I am led to believe that Brake Brothers, the catering company, have a case against Livingston in court today for unpaid invoices.

Not for the first time.

A possible solution for Livi is for all playing and coaching staff to seek election to Westminster.

This would enable them to claim £23000 a year in housing costs thus eliminating the current cash flow problem.

They could also employ each other as research assistants etc at £50 - 60,000 per annum thus eliminating the need to have a wage bill.

IT be a shame that Massone is an Italian and can't stand. :(

I'm sure he'd be a shoe in the West Lothian Constituency. :P

As for Manly Allambie, I get the feeling that is one club that play in Gold and Black that will be back next season. :)

Edited by Chuckinho

Also known as East Stirling. Or Forfar.

Forfars days off paying stupid wages are long gone.The manager didnt spend the budget he was given for this season just finished.

The board wont make the same mistake that they made 7yrs ago when we threw money at trying to get to the 1st division.

The money we got from the rangers game has cleared our overdraft and the trust fund that had been set up to pay the intrest has also been closed.

It would be worse if he was selling the child that goes with it.

He murdered the child to get the top. You can purchase his organs five for a pound, though.