Livingston - all the threads merged

I have just read the article and I agree that it IS a very interesting dvelopment.

I agree totally with his vision, youth development, community club etc etc. If he is genuine, then he certainly walks the walk for me.

Personally, the total control doesn't bother me, if he is prepared to pay all the creditors in full, (seems like he would prefer that route rather than leaving the creditors to get (X) pence in the pound, it makes sense that he alone is responsible for ensuring sustainable football. I wouldn't work with A.M. would anyone in their right mind?

From what I do know about the gentleman, he is an extremely hands on kinda guy, e.g. cleaning toilets and sweeping the terraces among his other duties while he was chairman at Cowdenbeath. Which would indicate he doesn't have an ego the size of Rome.

A recent post on livilions reproduced in full with my highlights for any Livi fans who drop by...

What happens in West Lothian when you don the yellow and black? Do you get a compulsory lobotomy?

A recent post on livilions reproduced in full with my highlights for any Livi fans who drop by...

What happens in West Lothian when you don the yellow and black? Do you get a compulsory lobotomy?

Yep roll up the next "rich benefactor", the slightest glimpse of a man with money and some Livi fans are creaming themselves, imagine the euphoria if he had mentioned SPL, Champions league, Big Scoreboard etc. :rolleyes:

Yep roll up the next "rich benefactor", the slightest glimpse of a man with money and some Livi fans are creaming themselves, imagine the euphoria if he had mentioned SPL, Champions league, Big Scoreboard etc. :rolleyes:

I think most sane Livi fans are in favour or Mr McDougall taking over precisely because he isn’t making crazy pie in the sky promises.

Personally I’m delighted that he genuinely seems to want to stabilise the club, work with the community and he isn’t making any wild promises of getting us into the SPL next season or the like. He comes across as the type of chairman the majority of us Livi fans have been wanting years for, one who isn’t f**king insane and a pathological liar.

Granted this could all come back to bite me in the arse if he does take over and turns out to be some kind of Hunter – Flynn - Massone hybrid.

I think most sane Livi fans are in favour or Mr McDougall taking over precisely because he isn’t making crazy pie in the sky promises.

Personally I’m delighted that he genuinely seems to want to stabilise the club, work with the community and he isn’t making any wild promises of getting us into the SPL next season or the like. He comes across as the type of chairman the majority of us Livi fans have been wanting years for, one who isn’t f**king insane and a pathological liar.

Granted this could all come back to bite me in the arse if he does take over and turns out to be some kind of Hunter – Flynn - Massone hybrid.

He has no idea how much debt he would have to pay off, my guess is all you'll see is a dust cloud, once he finds out the level of debt, I think you better all start preparing for the worst instead of hoping someone will bail you out

He has no idea how much debt he would have to pay off, my guess is all you'll see is a dust cloud, once he finds out the level of debt, I think you better all start preparing for the worst instead of hoping someone will bail you out

From that perspective he would be better acquiring the club out of an admin order. That way the debt taken over (if any) is controlled. If he is prepared to pay £1 for the club and take over the debts, that's a leap into the unknown but suppose he expects to have to pay £500k paying off debts, why not pay that to an administrator who would then divvy the money pro rata amongst the creditors and the club would start with a clean slate.

OK its maybe a bit more complicated than that as a deal would need to be struck with the council but in principle, if the man is serious about taking the club over, that would be the way to do it.

I appreciate this is far from actually happening given Mr Massone has apparently told him he doesn't want to sell, however its the only glimmer of hope of any change I have seen. I don't want the club to go into admin again so the trust can take over, as its incredibly unfair on the businesses that Livi owe cash too, plus who knows what punishments the SFL will slap on us.

Not that i have anything against the trust, but they haven't come out of all this in a great light either.

Really this seems to be the only hope we have and I'd rather hope that this happens than just accept the our fate of........well who knows - Liquidation/Administration.

Not that i have anything against the trust, but they haven't come out of all this in a great light either.

This seems to be a recurring theme but I am not sure what they have done that is so wrong.

They saw things were getting dodgy finance wise and decided to work on a possible way out if the shit hit the fan. Massone didn't like the implication and started mud slinging. Seems to sum it up for me. ;)

If Gordon Mcdougall did take over livi i'm sure his son-inlaw Brian Welsh would follow,

maybe the new livi manager in waiting.

Yep, they must be gagging at the bit for a new manager by now. I would imagine all eyes will be turning north east now that a chap from Cowdenbeath "who might have millions of pounds" is being connected with Livingston.

There will now be endless recommendations for the Italian to leave (even from his recent backers) because they can smell fresh money in the air, and they'll already be convinced that a new chap is on his way to pay all the debts off and be everyone's bestest pal.

Hell, he'll even be called "Mr" (or by his christian name) for as long as he spends money on the club. He just better do his financial homework very thoroughly indeed.

From that perspective he would be better acquiring the club out of an admin order. That way the debt taken over (if any) is controlled. If he is prepared to pay £1 for the club and take over the debts, that's a leap into the unknown but suppose he expects to have to pay £500k paying off debts, why not pay that to an administrator who would then divvy the money pro rata amongst the creditors and the club would start with a clean slate.

OK its maybe a bit more complicated than that as a deal would need to be struck with the council but in principle, if the man is serious about taking the club over, that would be the way to do it.

Good post but I cant see McDougall paying off £500,000 debts accumulated by the jokers who ran them up.

But if a deal can be done to his satisfaction you will get a guy who will give you 100 per cent 24/7. There is also the bonus that Danny Lennon will never be your manager :D:D:D

Just been anounced on radio Scotland sports news.

A,M. wants 10 million for livi. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

However, Massone told BBC Scotland: "We are not interested in selling the club at the moment. Maybe for £10m yes, but this is a non story.

Not the same as saying he wants £10m?

However, Massone told BBC Scotland: "We are not interested in selling the club at the moment. Maybe for £10m yes, but this is a non story.

Not the same as saying he wants £10m?

thats what they said on the sports news tho that A,M wants 10 million for Livi and thats the way they will probably put it in the press.

Is that the going rate for Franchise Football Teams? :lol::lol:

All football teams are franchises. So ten million is probably well under the going rate. It is a ridiculous amount for Livingston, which is barely functioning. However, the quote suggests the Italian Stallion knows this full well.