Livingston - all the threads merged

This latest thing is fucking bonkers.

"Monthly board Meetings will also be expected" What the f**k?! :lol:

Anyhoo, what happened to old pasta face when he went before the Beak?

Is it a Trust? They have to be careful of their terminology. Anyway, am I understanding this right....you sponsor the club (give them money) and in return you get to apply your business acument to LFC? Legitimate business people would then get to "represent" Massone? This is slightly mad, I agree.

Is it a Trust? They have to be careful of their terminology. Anyway, am I understanding this right....you sponsor the club (give them money) and in return you get to apply your business acument to LFC? Legitimate business people would then get to "represent" Massone? This is slightly mad, I agree.

Yep, the use of the word "trust" is obviously used to be deliberately misleading.

And according to the watcher on Livilions (who I definitely do trust! ;) ), the use of the term is also illegal.

Yep, the use of the word "trust" is obviously used to be deliberately misleading.

And according to the watcher on Livilions (who I definitely do trust! ;) ), the use of the term is also illegal.

Massolini is akin to the worst magician you have ever seen.

His efforts at mis-direction are quite frankly childish.

Don't look at my books, look at my shiny ambassadors car instead.

I hear he will be finding a cheque for £100,000 behind Giffith's ear soon enough....ta daaaaaa!

More blurring of identities at Livingston... latest idea is a a "Business Trust Board"

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/news_100609_1.php. The livi website proclaims:

"Due to interest shown from various sources in the business community of West Lothian,Livingston Football Club would like to propose the forming of a new

“Business Trust Board”

The success of LFC depends on having a variety of individuals who can contribute in different ways and share the desire to see our Club reach new heights.

Candidates for the “Business Trust Board” would be selected from the list of top sponsors of the Club and invited to become members

They would act as official representatives of the Club and would also be invited to review the overall performance of the Club including the financial resources.

Monthly Board Meetings will also be expected."

Now, to the uneducated observer such as myself, the naming causes direct confusion with the fan's "Trust" board, and sounds like a bizarre concept of the owners' favourite sponsors being invited to apply to be on this so called board to run their eye's over the "books" and provide input on where things could be done better - e.g. maybe pay bills on time, pay wages on time, don't spend money you don't have, oh dear the cash flow position isn't too good - why not have some buckets at reception to get some money in, why not move to a smaller house etc etc.

Does anyone remeber the Troubleshooter series on BBC in the early 90's with the late Sir John Harvey Jones, where he went round in his volvo estate to some toubled businesses and invariably told the owners/cheif executives "You are doing what... ha ha ha", recommended they or their managers had to go to give the business a chance to survive? Don't know what he would make of this lot.

Call yourself the UneducatedObserverFromafar then. Don't come on here asking questions about names if you miss out bits in your own.

Kingfaethesooth......what are you like? Tell us some stories about Scunthorpe....no, tell the Wimbledon one. I never get fed up listening to that one.

I love him, he's great!

I would think it's only illegal if used in an official way, e.g. as a limited company name or suchlike.

Using it to describe a group of like minded individuals wouldn't be. It's just a name - the John Robertson lounge at Tynecastle doesn't have wee fat Robbo in there at every game or the Executive Club at Almondvale doesn't require you to be an executive to join. Both could be said to be misleadinging the name.

A John Robertson Lounge is not a clearly defined legal entity and there's no particular reason why there should be any particular legal restriction on calling yourself one. The same is not true of a Trust, though I'm not an expert either and don't know whether they're on the wrong side of legality.

I would think it's only illegal if used in an official way, e.g. as a limited company name or suchlike.

Using it to describe a group of like minded individuals wouldn't be. It's just a name - the John Robertson lounge at Tynecastle doesn't have wee fat Robbo in there at every game or the Executive Club at Almondvale doesn't require you to be an executive to join. Both could be said to be misleadinging the name.

Im not sure about that. You couldnt call something like this a charity, for example. Maybe the term "trust" has similar restrictions? :unsure:

Isnt it ironic that Massone chose the word "trust"? Whats next - the "Livingston FC paying bills society" or the "Livingston FC salary syndicate"? :rolleyes:

Kingfaethesooth......what are you like? Tell us some stories about Scunthorpe....no, tell the Wimbledon one. I never get fed up listening to that one.

I love him, he's great!

Scunthorpe beat the Mk Dongs in the play-offs - Wimbledon are on the rise - that's all you need to know. :)

Love you too Sergeant - I see you seem to have given up on Airdrie - did Section B get you in the end? :wub:

Indeed - it's a bit of mischief-making - no way it will have the word trust in any official documentation of course - I'm sure the famous 5 ambassadors will love it though. :lol:

Love you too Sergeant - I see you seem to have given up on Airdrie - did Section B get you in the end? :wub:

No, you got to my consience in the end. What is it The Bible say......More joy in heaven.....blah blah.

Give me the juniors any day! You'd like it!

No, you got to my consience in the end. What is it The Bible say......More joy in heaven.....blah blah.

Give me the juniors any day! You'd like it!

I wanted to get to the Junior Cup Final - but couldn't make it.

Shame the Bankies didn't win it though. B)

I wanted to get to the Junior Cup Final - but couldn't make it.

Shame the Bankies didn't win it though. B)

Thought it was best I stayed away! (for me mostly!) Juniors is the way forward. If I was a club chairman in the lower leagues I would resign from SFL and join up

A John Robertson Lounge is not a clearly defined legal entity and there's no particular reason why there should be any particular legal restriction on calling yourself one. The same is not true of a Trust, though I'm not an expert either and don't know whether they're on the wrong side of legality.

My point is that this group doesn't seem to be a legal entity. It's just a name for a group of people. I'm sure the "business trust" board meetings will just be a social gathering of these people and not an official limited company board meeting.

Thought it was best I stayed away! (for me mostly!) Juniors is the way forward. If I was a club chairman in the lower leagues I would resign from SFL and join up

I went to Dunipace v Clydebank a few years ago instead of Airdrie United v QOS - good day out and a real eye opener.

..........but you and I both know that there is a huge difference between a commemerative naming, and what the use of the word "Trust" in this context is meant to imply.

It's kind of hard to deny that this "initiative" and the "ambassador" initiative both seem to be ill defined, poorly communicated, and lacking in real world applicational thought. Both are doomed to fail. Maybe not because they are the wrong thing, but because no-one in their right mind would trust the people who are trying to sell it. The Massone connection means almost automatically that it soiled from the very start.

Edited by Guest

Guest penelope pitstop
My point is that this group doesn't seem to be a legal entity. It's just a name for a group of people. I'm sure the "business trust" board meetings will just be a social gathering of these people and not an official limited company board meeting.

It is rather on the edge - it depends what they are doing - if they intend to try and get people to join and put money in then it could be considered to be a trading as name. In any event if it misleads people into putting money into it on the basis it is a Trust when it isn't it doesn't matter if it is a business name or not it is misrepresentation and actionable per se.

Whether it just sneaks in as legal or not it does rather smack of the "I'm doctor Bassa MD LLB Barrister from Nigeria and I would like to give you £5m" way of conducting business - reputable people do not call themselves a Trust unless they are. Only someone desperate to seem reputable who isn't would do so.

I would give Mr Massone the benefit of the doubt if they change it as it may be as an Italian the subtleties of UK law may have excaped him. He is unlikely to have anyone who would have given him legal advice on it as all his previous legal advisors seem to have ended up suing him in the Courts for their fees.

I'm all heart though - I'm prepared to advise him that it is a bad idea without charge :D

It is rather on the edge - it depends what they are doing - if they intend to try and get people to join and put money in then it could be considered to be a trading as name. In any event if it misleads people into putting money into it on the basis it is a Trust when it isn't it doesn't matter if it is a business name or not it is misrepresentation and actionable per se.

Whether it just sneaks in as legal or not it does rather smack of the "I'm doctor Bassa MD LLB Barrister from Nigeria and I would like to give you £5m" way of conducting business - reputable people do not call themselves a Trust unless they are. Only someone desperate to seem reputable who isn't would do so.

I would give Mr Massone the benefit of the doubt if they change it as it may be as an Italian the subtleties of UK law may have excaped him. He is unlikely to have anyone who would have given him legal advice on it as all his previous legal advisors seem to have ended up suing him in the Courts for their fees.

I'm all heart though - I'm prepared to advise him that it is a bad idea without charge :D

I think it's pretty clear in my mind that the Trust word has been selected because of what it implies, and the fact that it cocks a snoot at the Livi Trust. That is what it is really all about. He wants cash to him, not the legitimate Trust. It's blindingly obvious I'm afraid.

it may be as an Italian the subtleties of UK law may have excaped him.

haha

Yeah, like some of the "subtleties" of contract law, business law, employment law and drink-driving law.