Livingston - all the threads merged

It's not farcical to ask teams to play games that could be annulled a week or two down the line? Come on.

Possibly, but your club have taken one helluva risk. Are you comfortable with the decison reached, even though it could put the whole future of your club in question?

If they know this then they are pre-determining the appeals process, which is probably unlawful.

Don't be silly.

The SFL are the ones who make the rules and enforce them. So they already know that an appeal will not succeed.

Further comment from Gordon McDougall "WE, the consortium, understand that the appeal submitted from the interim manager, Donald McGruther, has now been received and acknowledged by the Scottish Football League.

"Accordingly, Livingston Football Club remains a First Division football club at this stage and therefore is unwilling to fulfill a fixture in the Third Division.

"Before the appeal was lodged, Livingston Football Club informed SFL Chief Executive David Longmuir that they were able to fulfill the First Division fixture at Ross County on Saturday 8 August."

whitespace.gif

savebutton.gif

whitespace.gif

savings.jpg

whitespace.gif

insider.jpg

First division forum for this pish? :unsure:

Possibly, but your club have taken one helluva risk. Are you comfortable with the decison reached, even though it could put the whole future of your club in question?

Truth be told I'd rather we played for an easy life, but I can understand the rationale for not playing completely.

The SFL Management Committee have shown themselves to be completely incompetent by their handling of the whole affair. David Longmuir spouted a lot of shite the other day about upholding the integrity of the competition but is now insisting that teams should play games that might not count.

I'd suggest that the stakes are probably as high for the future of the individuals involved as they are for Livingston FC.

Well I would suggest if they do not play tomorrow they would be gone forever. The consortium really are playing dangerous games here and are doing no favours for the Livi supporters.

Failure to play tomorrow would surely incur a 15 point deduction, as happend when Hamilton failed to play Stenhousemuir. That being the case, I believe the consortium will walk away and consign Livi to the grave. These guys were supposed to save Livi, instead they are making Massone and the previous crowd look half competent. They really are fucking idiots. They should take the medicine and act like the adults they're supposed to be.

Perhaps it's better if Livi die, as this lot look like a bunch of clowns as well.

I have no idea what that actually means? Are you suggesting the SPL as an organisation should have the right to step in and check SFL member club books if they hear a rumour of trouble? If so that's the craziest suggestion on this thread yet.

I don't think it is or else wouldn't have said it. I don't mean when rumours start flying around. I mean just regular checks to ensure they are staying out of trouble, even be able to offer them advice. There are companies that offer this sort of service.

I know where I work, we get checked, rumours or not, whether we like it or not. Maybe not everywhere is like this. Just thought it was an idea!!

Truth be told I'd rather we played for an easy life, but I can understand the rationale for not playing completely.

The SFL Management Committee have shown themselves to be completely incompetent by their handling of the whole affair. David Longmuir spouted a lot of shite the other day about upholding the integrity of the competition but is now insisting that teams should play games that might not count.

I'd suggest that the stakes are probably as high for the future of the individuals involved as they are for Livingston FC.

Absolutely unbelievable <_<

Well I would suggest if they do not play tomorrow they would be gone forever. The consortium really are playing dangerous games here and are doing no favours for the Livi supporters.

Failure to play tomorrow would surely incur a 15 point deduction, as happend when Hamilton failed to play Stenhousemuir. That being the case, I believe the consortium will walk away and consign Livi to the grave. These guys were supposed to save Livi, instead they are making Massone and the previous crowd look half competent. They really are fucking idiots. They should take the medicine and act like the adults they're supposed to be.

Perhaps it's better if Livi die, as this lot look like a bunch of clowns as well.

Agree with all of that. Livi seemed to have plummeted to all new depths in the last few days.

Don't be silly.

The SFL are the ones who make the rules and enforce them. So they already know that an appeal will not succeed.

You are the silly one my friend.

The SFL has rules and the appeals process is part of them. By forcing us to play in the Third Division they could be seen to be pre-determine or anticipate the outcome of appeals process and breaking their own rules.

It's the same principle that applies when, for example, a player appeals a red card and they are allowed to play on pending the outcome.

I don't necessarily agree with an appeal by the way, but it needs to be handled correctly and the SFL are making a total arse of it.

So it seems that McDougall has thrown his toys out of the pram. "It's our way or no way at all." "Give us what we want or we'll hold our breath til our faces turn blue." McDougall is acting no better than the man he replaced.

Are Livi going to turn up at Dingwall tomorrow? That should be interesting. Two teams brawling for the right to use the away dressing room with Ross County players standing sniggering on the sidelines.

It appears that as far as the new Livi consortium are concerned, if you do not like a rule or a decision by the governing body, then it is your perogative to just ignore it and carry on regardless.

Neither the SFL nor Livingston are going to come out of this escapade smelling like roses. I hope for everyone's sake that this whole sorry affair is brought to a conclusion - one way or another - as quickly as possible.

The games should have went ahead as mandated by the SFL today pending the appeal. The decision was taken by the SFL to allow the games to go ahead. Now the Livi board are refusing to follow the rules of the governing body. A very strange decision indeed.

So it seems that McDougall has thrown his toys out of the pram. "It's our way or no way at all." "Give us what we want or we'll hold our breath til our faces turn blue." McDougall is acting no better than the man he replaced.

Are Livi going to turn up at Dingwall tomorrow? That should be interesting. Two teams brawling for the right to use the away dressing room with Ross County players standing sniggering on the sidelines.

It appears that as far as the new Livi consortium are concerned, if you do not like a rule or a decision by the governing body, then it is your perogative to just ignore it and carry on regardless.

Neither the SFL nor Livingston are going to come out of this escapade smelling like roses. I hope for everyone's sake that this whole sorry affair is brought to a conclusion - one way or another - as quickly as possible.

The games should have went ahead as mandated by the SFL today pending the appeal. The decision was taken by the SFL to allow the games to go ahead. Now the Livi board are refusing to follow the rules of the governing body. A very strange decision indeed.

Do we know that the SFL is applying it's own rules correctly though? That seems to be the issue here.