Livingston - all the threads merged

Fookin moderators!!! Stole Airdrie's only chance of glory this season!!!

The buggers removed my post!!! :(:(:(:(:blink:

It's ok you are only required to submit £500 as quickly as possible,I fancy your chances.

But they cant justify it :rolleyes:

What do you think in the quote you posted makes you think they can? That was my original question

If it can be shown that there is a general principle in the sfl rules that a penalty is suspended until the result of an appeal hearing ( as there is in civil law ) then Livi could argue justifiably that the penalty of demotion should be suspended until the appeal is decided. If the penalty is suspended they are still in the first division and there is no reason for them to play East Stirling The rule I quoted was quite clear in stating that a penalty would be suspended albeit in entirely different circumstances. But if a different situation is unclear as to whether a penalty should be suspended or not it is not unreasonable to look at other areas of the rules to see what happens in different circumstances

But the rule you quoted specifically related to a punishment given to a player by a club. How could that possibly be related to a punishment given to a club by the SFL? How far should we take it? What if a player decides he doesnt agree with a red card decision, so stays on the pitch and plays on, because as far as he's concerned he hasnt been sent off and his punishment doesnt apply until after the appeal? Or how about if a club believes they had a goal wrongly dissallowed, so their interpretation is that they won the game, and actually they won the league not someone else - presumably their free to go and play in a higher division the next season?

Those are ridiculous and extreme examples, but the point they are there to make is a simple one. Its not up to Livy to interpret the rules. They, like all the other clubs and players, agreed to abide by the SFL rules and, presumably, the decisions of the Management committee and any other appropriate body. Livy, just like any other club and player, cannot simply pick and choose which rules to abide by and which to interpret in their own way. If they disagree with a decision there are appropriate channels to lodge this, which is what they've done, but they cant simply make other things up as they go along, based on some possible interpretation of a rule, based on a possible interpretation of another, totally unrelated rule.

If I could be bothered going and finding a picture of a lot of straws, I would post it here.

It's ok you are only required to submit £500 as quickly as possible,I fancy your chances.

Hmmmmm....now theres a thought. If I appeal. can I claim that I still have the 10,000th post, even though the actual figure shows 9,990-something? I will refuse to post again, claiming that I still own post number 10,000, and it would be prejudicial to my appeal if I posted using another post number

If it can be shown that there is a general principle in the sfl rules that a penalty is suspended until the result of an appeal hearing ( as there is in civil law ) then Livi could argue justifiably that the penalty of demotion should be suspended until the appeal is decided. If the penalty is suspended they are still in the first division and there is no reason for them to play East Stirling The rule I quoted was quite clear in stating that a penalty would be suspended albeit in entirely different circumstances. But if a different situation is unclear as to whether a penalty should be suspended or not it is not unreasonable to look at other areas of the rules to see what happens in different circumstances

I think the fact that Longmuir stated last week that Livi then Livi,Airdrie and Cowden wouldn't be asked or expected to play last Saturday should leave something for Livi to argue about.

No, no no no no

How many times we do have to go over this?? What was said, not by Longmuir I have to add although you've yet to actually quote what he did say, was that had Livy appealed in time then the games would not have been played. The fact was, the appeal wasnt launched in time, Livy were told to play the 3rd div game and refused. No amount of procrastinating, interpreting or back tracking is going to change that.

I just wanted to check.

I'm sure Duncan could post more repetitive scorn & we would be at 10,000 in a jiffy! :P

Scorn.......................you guys have had a lot of years if "scorn" from others. Unfortunately, it has been deserved, and it happens to reflect the truth. Why would you reckon no projected CVA percentages have been broadcast? It really is because they have no intention of paying it back, but want today out of the way as once their true intentions are known, it won't reflect too well on Rankine and co.

Let me know when I'm wrong on this one.

But the rule you quoted specifically related to a punishment given to a player by a club. How could that possibly be related to a punishment given to a club by the SFL? How far should we take it? What if a player decides he doesnt agree with a red card decision, so stays on the pitch and plays on, because as far as he's concerned he hasnt been sent off and his punishment doesnt apply until after the appeal? Or how about if a club believes they had a goal wrongly dissallowed, so their interpretation is that they won the game, and actually they won the league not someone else - presumably their free to go and play in a higher division the next season?

Those are ridiculous and extreme examples, but the point they are there to make is a simple one. Its not up to Livy to interpret the rules. They, like all the other clubs and players, agreed to abide by the SFL rules and, presumably, the decisions of the Management committee and any other appropriate body. Livy, just like any other club and player, cannot simply pick and choose which rules to abide by and which to interpret in their own way. If they disagree with a decision there are appropriate channels to lodge this, which is what they've done, but they cant simply make other things up as they go along, based on some possible interpretation of a rule, based on a possible interpretation of another, totally unrelated rule.

If I could be bothered going and finding a picture of a lot of straws, I would post it here.

Of course Livi can't decide for themselves which rules to obey and which ones not to. But as you say they are appealing and all I was doing was pointing out that Livi do have the basis of a case. They might lose but they do have the right to appeal. Its not impossible for the sfl to interpret their own rules wrongly

Of course Livi can't decide for themselves which rules to obey and which ones not to. But as you say they are appealing and all I was doing was pointing out that Livi do have the basis of a case. They might lose but they do have the right to appeal. Its not impossible for the sfl to interpret their own rules wrongly

But thats exactly what they did!

I dont think anyone has ever questioned their right to appeal.

What this is about is whether or not they were entitled to refuse to play a 3rd division match, because they interpreted the rules to mean they were still a 1st div club.

Theres nothing to suggest that they were.

Edited by Mr X

Now that the shenanigans are done ;) , do we have any idea how long this is gonna take today or is it just a case of hanging around waiting..

You might want to check who has the 10,000 post.

As for epic fail...all i can say is GIRUY... :lol:

Scorn.......................you guys have had a lot of years if "scorn" from others. Unfortunately, it has been deserved, and it happens to reflect the truth. Why would you reckon no projected CVA percentages have been broadcast? It really is because they have no intention of paying it back, but want today out of the way as once their true intentions are known, it won't reflect too well on Rankine and co.

Let me know when I'm wrong on this one.

Christ you are beginning to sound like my Dad!!!!!! :o