Livingston - all the threads merged

Anyone with even a fleeting knowledge of Scottish Current affairs would know that Donald Findlay is a defence QC - obviously it's something he could do, but why on earth would Scotlands top defence QC represent someone in a civil case that THEY'VE brought?

It's utter, utter horseshit. Far too many people claiming to be Livi fans claiming that they know it all, on here and elsewhere, when in actual fact they know f**k all.

Donald Findlay has areas of practice listed as;

Criminal Trial

Human Rights

Medical Negligence

Disciplinary Tribunals

Sports Legislation

Fatal Accident Inquiries

Criminal Appeal Court

Mental Health

Road Traffic

Health & Safety

Terrorism

Extradition

I'm not seeing commercial or dispute resolution.

Criminal Trial

Human Rights

Medical Negligence

Disciplinary Tribunals

Sports Legislation

Fatal Accident Inquiries

Criminal Appeal Court

Mental Health

Road Traffic

Health & Safety

Terrorism

Extradition

The Plot thickens..

He wont have, he isn't a director so would be in the creditors figure if he has loaned any more than his bideyins £10k

Good point. He'll be in amongst the £1.5m creditors due after more than one year.

Profit and loss account is showing just over -£3m at the end of June 2103.

post-3931-0-22913200-1396731591_thumb.pn

Criminal Trial

Human Rights

Medical Negligence

Disciplinary Tribunals

Sports Legislation

Fatal Accident Inquiries

Criminal Appeal Court

Mental Health

Road Traffic

Health & Safety

Terrorism

Extradition

Singing the Sash isn't on it, but he does that.

It's quite simple really as long as they have paid their vat & corp tax they are fine..they have produced accounts so obviously aren't going for strike off..as long as their is no overdrawn DLA the directors are responsible for hee haw & every other creditor can read it & weep...If he has written evidence of a schedule of repayments then that is the only basis for going to court

It's quite simple really as long as they have paid their vat & corp tax they are fine..they have produced accounts so obviously aren't going for strike off..as long as their is no overdrawn DLA the directors are responsible for hee haw & every other creditor can read it & weep...If he has written evidence of a schedule of repayments then that is the only basis for going to court

I heard he has not

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/270490-livingston-football-club-to-move-towards-community-ownership/

I seem to remember this being spoken about a few months ago. Who are the other community owned clubs? Stirling Albion rings a bell but I'm not sure.

Stirling Albion and Stenny I think. Possibly Clyde too but not sure.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/270490-livingston-football-club-to-move-towards-community-ownership/

I seem to remember this being spoken about a few months ago. Who are the other community owned clubs? Stirling Albion rings a bell but I'm not sure.

Interesting. So what is really going to change? There has been 20 years of 'working' or being subsidised by the local council and Livingston Develop Corporation.

Surely it's not a diversionary tactic away from the current round of financial mess - 4th or 5th flirtation with doom since 1995?

Why not just make the long established junior club the CIC? Surely Livingston United are more aligned to that ethos then the shambles up the road?

East Stirlingshire too I think.

Would the current board walk away or would they expect to stay on as the board after a community takeover?

CiC doesn't necessarily mean community owned. If the ambition Is purely to become a CiC then you wouldn't require a change in ownership / board.(I think)

I see the Livi board are considering the proposal of a name change to West Lothian United to engage the club more in its catchment area . How would the Livi fans feel about the proposal? Would the name change bother you if it helped to attract a few more through the turnstyles?