Livingston - all the threads merged

We still have Darren Johnstone on trial with us. I took a trip up to see the team last week and had 2 black guys there as well (none being wee mike unfortunately)

Also talk of Bayan Fenwick from Crystal Palace being up here as well

Hoping for another few signings, especially johnstone

Interesting business by Livi. First off, Gallacher seems a tremendous signing, should be in the Premiership at least based on last season. Didn't know about this assault trial, though. Maybe that has something to do with it. Secondly, David Robertson also seems a decent bit of business. Experienced at a higher level and should be more than good enough to cut it at Livi. Jordan White is a risky one, really looked horrid when he was with us before but seems to have come on to a game at Stirling. Fluffed his last opportunity to step up but now he's had a good bit of first team experience at a decent level under his belt, he may make this one count. Big gamble though and I hope you're not depending on him.

As for the other 3, I have to admit I'd not heard much about any of them, but a quick google search suggests that McKenna has done pretty well in the juniors, Ogleby has a good bit of experience south of the border with Wrexham after being released by Hearts and Donaldson's most recent spell was at Arbroath on loan.

You reckon this will be about it as far as signings go for Livi or are you looking for a few more?

McGlynn is still looking to sign a few more, we had a huge clear out so will be needing as many as he can sign. I don't think we can rely on kids for cover as we've not really got that many left that could step up to this level.

TBH it's more than I was expecting from our signings, quality, and potential from a few to do well. can't believe Gallagher signed, with Mensing being out till Jan with an injury I am delighted to get someone with his quality to step into that position.

With McNulty gone I wasn't expecting anyone in that could hit 15+ goals but White may just surprise us and get close, even 12 goals would do as I think wee Mullen could hit 10+ and hopefully Ogleby will chip in with a few.

Really was expecting us to be favourites for 10th place but I'm optimistic we can compete with Raith again for 6th or 7th place.

I must say I'm excited about the signing of White. Good goal scoring record at Stirling Albion, heard a lot of good things about him. And not that it counts for much, but he's an absolute machine on Football Manager!

:D

Really was expecting us to be favourites for 10th place but I'm optimistic we can compete with Raith again for 6th or 7th place.

Bear in mind we have some proper dross in the league. I would never have us down for relegation unless we'd tried to substitute youth players in. We'll be solid if unspectacular, same as last year.

CowdenConvert makes a good point on Mensing and I did actually mean at the tail end of last season. Sives I don't rate and Fordyce is shaky when not played at centre-half. Wouldn't surprise me if we play 3 at the back.

I've seen White and Ogelby in the league below this and they looked average verging on poor. It's a league two strike force, I just can't see them doing anything at all.

We have Mullen as well who I think will be an important player next season.

I'm unsure what the standard of the conference is but Wrexham are a fairly big team. Fingers crossed it's a case of him maturing along with White.

Yeah the one thing they had on their side was age. It has been a couple of years so it will be interesting to see how they have progressed. I'm certainly looking at Livi as one of the teams we can finish above - we still won't win through there though.

I've seen White and Ogelby in the league below this and they looked average verging on poor. It's a league two strike force, I just can't see them doing anything at all.

Can't be that average at league 2 level scoring 23 goals for Stirling last season. Obv wont get that in the Championship but Beany scored about 15 in the Championship after getting 20 odd in the 2nd div so hopefully white can as well.

Bear in mind we have some proper dross in the league. I would never have us down for relegation unless we'd tried to substitute youth players in. We'll be solid if unspectacular, same as last year.

CowdenConvert makes a good point on Mensing and I did actually mean at the tail end of last season. Sives I don't rate and Fordyce is shaky when not played at centre-half. Wouldn't surprise me if we play 3 at the back.

With us looking lightish in midfield, decidedly lacking in defence with no RB and Mensing injured, and having only Mullen up front I feared we'd not bring in anyone decent enough to strengthen those areas. Also feared Rankine was just wanting as much as pos before chucking it with Livi and wouldn't spend anything to bring in players that would keep us up.

I'm delighted with Gallagher though and White has potential to do well, starting to get a wee buzz of optimism for the season.

Burchill was on Sportsound this afternoon and mentioned that Livi were close to another signing, an attacking player but he never gave anything away other than that.

He also compared White to Peter Crouch...

Edited by Armand 2

Pretty sure Bayan Fenwick is a striker, been on trial with us for a while. Could have been him that Burchill was talking about.

Gary Glenn has been mentioned training with us too, big gamble if we sign him, he's not exactly set the heather on fire in the goal scoring stakes, 10 goals is his sum total. He's been injured a few times and got messed about at Hearts but still, pretty poor stats.

Jordan White must have improved tenfold since he came out of our youth system. From what I saw of him he was a extremely shite version of Colin Nish.

that's very strange as he won our under 19s player of the year. He was a talent we let slip through our fingers. Let's accept that and move on whilst learning lessons about offering contracts and taking them off the table. Good luck to the lad as he has had a brilliant season at Stirling and deserves his opportunity to be back in full time football.