Livingston - all the threads merged

Hi Duncan. Nice to see you are still taking an interest in all things Livi. It's what fellow fans of other teams should do I suppose in the interest of good football relations. :rolleyes:

Edited by orco

Oh come on. It wasn't exactly a lively place, and in years gone by, it's shameless stance of brown nosing to whichever owner you had wasn't exactly inclusive. Just as there are lots of Falkirk fans who wouldn't miss One F if it disappeared tomorrow, I would think that most Livvy fans won't even notice that Livilions isn't there today.

It gets pretty lively in times of trouble, and lets face it, with Livi trouble is never far away.

Oh come on. It wasn't exactly a lively place, and in years gone by, it's shameless stance of brown nosing to whichever owner you had wasn't exactly inclusive. Just as there are lots of Falkirk fans who wouldn't miss One F if it disappeared tomorrow, I would think that most Livvy fans won't even notice that Livilions isn't there today.

It was quite lively when I first went on back in 2003/4...but as with most things it deteriorated over time into the usual group who would not stand for anything said against whichever owner was in place...except Massone; almost everyone slated him...but it was often good for a laugh & a chance to wind up the folk who took themselves too seriously.

Once they guys left to set up the Lion's Den it left a few decent folk like Liviforever, Orco, Budgie, Col Durward & a few other including me trying to find things to chat about & occasionally argue over but still actually get on with each other (unlike the dearly departed who fell out with anyone that disagreed with them).

I do frequent the Lion's Den a bit but its sleepy hollow over there, lots of threads, even some threads where folk that wouldn't utter a negative comment about the club now doing so (in essence agreeing with things they disagreed with before leaving Livilions). So I'll probably go have a look at the other site that I didn't even know about until now.

Edited by Bertie Bassett

Hmmm......I don't think that Charles Darwin character could have licked Massone's ar5e any faster tbh.

My recollection was that there were some members of the DBM who were very pro massone whereas the majority were gradually against - this grew considerably when he started turning the power off to teach us a lesson and banning the players from attending the player of the year awards.

CDE certainly wasn't in the Massone camp.

Yep, I agree he got there eventually, but at the start (and even after a lot of horoscope reading on P&B where it was made abundantly clear that Livvy were "at it" again), he toed the party line until fairly late in the day.

Not my recollection Duncan.

Massone joined LiviLions and held an open Q&A, to which a number of folk fell for, myself included. Within minutes of him posting illuminating stuff about having daily discussions with "Captain James" and putting massive amounts of money into the club it was shot down by LLD, who'd kept fairly quiet until then, and called "a pack of lies". Cue a can open, worms everywhere situation. This was months before the infamous speech being read out on the pitch before a game against Partick Thistle, and before Massone decided to not pay the electricity bill to "teach us a lesson".

The damage done by Massone to fans relations with each other, never mind the club, is probably beyond repair. To say that CDE was one of the last to know the score, is way off beam I reckon.

Edited by mozam76

I hold my hands up and admit I didn't want to believe we had another bampot owner and tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. Dave Stoker had him pegged right from the start though and I regret having a heated exchange with him about it. Massone was a Billy liar or Walter Mitty, fucker lived in his own fantasy land.

I hold my hands up and admit I didn't want to believe we had another bampot owner and tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. Dave Stoker had him pegged right from the start though and I regret having a heated exchange with him about it. Massone was a Billy liar or Walter Mitty, fucker lived in his own fantasy land.

The trouble is, on paper at least, he was a totally credible person with a professional background (according to the press releases) and sufficient funds behind him. The fact that David Hay was also part of the consortium provided a link with the "good times".

After the times with Flynn I'd hoped we'd turned the corner - how wrong was I? I think though a lot of people started to ask questions pretty quickly not least because we seemed to be going through a huge number of managers very quickly but then the rumours of staff not being paid; undersoil heating being decommissioned and players like Mackay being released for nuts because he had the balls to speak out.

Can scottish football do anything to protect itself from such people - frankly I doubt it.

Yeah. Something makes me think that the white kit we had was meant to be our away one that season but at the last minute IF asked us to make it purple.

I had heard that the intention was for the purple to be our home kit but indications were that there would have been an outcry and so the purple was made the away and the white/salmon IF kit became the home one.

Strange really that people accepted that one without a peep yet caused such a stramash about the "deckchair" - suppose when you've been at the top of the table people are more forgiving?

Hello. I have been writing short season previews for this coming campaign for all Scottish league teams. I have reached the Championship and have just finished ones for Livi and Queen of the South. If anyone wants to have a quick read of these the link is here, and you can find all the other previews on my blog. If anyone has any feedback/criticisms or if there are any errors then please do say. Thanks in advance!

Hello. I have been writing short season previews for this coming campaign for all Scottish league teams. I have reached the Championship and have just finished ones for Livi and Queen of the South. If anyone wants to have a quick read of these the link is here, and you can find all the other previews on my blog. If anyone has any feedback/criticisms or if there are any errors then please do say. Thanks in advance!

Pretty good based on the huge number of variables and unknowns this year. Wholesale changes probably made that pretty challenging.