Livingston - all the threads merged

The club never offered him a deal and weren't looking to offee him a deal, Burchill had other players lined up to replace him.

Club agreed that if Dekkers got off he had a 2 year deal if he wanted it..

How can two men get three years for hitting a man twice on the head with a baseball bat?

Did they take turns ? It seems to me the court passed judgement without all reasonable doubt as to who was guilty. The judge also said their was mitigating circumstances otherwise the sentence would have been much longer.

Some strange going on with this case it would appear. Considering McGowan is on a tag for assaulting police officers it seems harsh on Gallagher.

McGowan didnt hit them with a baseball bat!

"Just spoke to Gordon Ford - he said Deccy wasn't in plans and 'Mark already has the position covered.' So expect news on that soon...."

That's what I was told.

It must be another Gordon Ford...it's not the one from Livi

As for the SFA/SPFL, they can take a flying f**k to themselves. Constantly monitoring Livi and making up the rules as they go along. Rotten to the absolute fucking core those b*****ds.

To be fair, the SFA constantly monitor Livi as they constantly break rules and do stupid things. I would keep a close eye on serial offenders too

I've heard various people suggest Gallagher's sentence is harsh. Serving 18 months and being released depending on good behaviour is a f*cking lottery win for someone who melted another with a baseball bat numerous times (allegedly).

No need for the allegedly if he's been convicted.

Awful player. Guys like him are why we were so pish for the majority of last season. Can't imagine he'll be on your starting 11.

Also, lets not fucking pretend Gallagher wasn't in Livi's plans for next season, eh? Burchill publicly said the club would stick by him, what more proof do you need?

Spot on with Rutherford. Decent enough on the ball but poor defensively, when Talbot missed games towards the end of last season we played Kyle at left back and a back three just to avoid playing him!!

Gallagher's attack was brutal and premeditated, no matter how good he was for us last year he deserves to be behind bars. As much of a nasty wee fanny Magowan has proven to be, his offences pale in comparison (although very surprising he didn't also receive a custodial sentence, surely in last chance saloon now).

Rutherford wasn't really given much of a chance, he played a game earlier in the season where he looked decent but then sat on the bench for much of the year. Queens may be a level too high for him at this point but he could be promising. As mentioned above, he didn't do well near the end of the season but I think that was down to not having games under his belt. He was all over the place and you could see he wasn't game sharp.

As for Gallagher, regardless what he's been like as a player and with fans, he's committed a crime and deserves the punishment he's received. As to the did he or didn't he have a contract/understanding, I do remember reading that Burchill would offer him a deal if he wasn't given jail time.

This was all before Ford was announced though, maybe when he came in he decided Gallagher was a no go. Plus, we'd be naive to think that Burchill didn't have another player in mind when jail time was likely.

Sheerin will need an intensive pre-season going by the state of him in the Junior Cup final. Lifting your shirt for your goal celebration isn't the best idea when it reveals your beer gut :) Was a great goal though, might be a good addition if he gets fit.

Sheerin will need an intensive pre-season going by the state of him in the Junior Cup final. Lifting your shirt for your goal celebration isn't the best idea when it reveals your beer gut :) Was a great goal though, might be a good addition if he gets fit.

Noticed that in a pic of him, wee paunch showing. As long as he can score goals though I'm not too bothered he hasn't a six pack, but pre season should get him in shape.

Thought Rutherford looked ok when he first played, but agree he looked lost when he had a spell later on in the season. Still, he could be ok with QoS, he's only a young player with plenty time to develop given good coaching.

Was wanting to see what our young RB Moffat looked like as I read he did ok in last years pre season games but he didn't feature at all in league games, think he's still signed for us so maybe he'll play this season.

Someone at work who knows him reckons Sheerin has recently screwed the nut, having lived a less than fully professional lifestyle in his younger days. Be interesting to see if he makes a better go of senior footie this time round.