Livingston - all the threads merged

Seems promising thn could be doing with a good holding midfielder tht can see a pass been crying out for one for abit now cheers for the info Andy..

Good lad showing bucket loads of promise but I feel it still might be a season too soon for him. If you're able to hold on to him for two or more seasons you've got an very good midfielder

Never really got a run in the team, had been unlucky that we've had strong midfielders or he would've been in, every time I saw him he showed glimpses of quality, has an eye for a pass and will graft in the middle, won't do anything spectacular but will be quietly effective and will certainly do a job in that division.

For me he always looked more of a holding midfielder controlling the tempo of the game.

Good signing for you imo.

Yeah his long ball up to Dycey putting it right on his toe at the byeline for him to set Burchill up for a goal was outstanding, agree he needs a season or two to establish himself and think he'll be a good player for Cowden.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

If we've lost out on Dycey's development fee the SFA should compensate us, ridiculous if their embargo screwed us over on that. See they reduced Ashley's fine to £1,000, and we got a 5K fine and a registration embargo, fecking brilliant!

The problem with waiting til the end of the season to do anything is that by that time anyone can talk to any other team after January. How about extending contracts before Xmas, if you know you want them to stay???

Livi won't sell on a player for proper money if they only offer 1 year deals to every player, every season. Its like a junior team.

Never really got a run in the team, had been unlucky that we've had strong midfielders or he would've been in, every time I saw him he showed glimpses of quality, has an eye for a pass and will graft in the middle, won't do anything spectacular but will be quietly effective and will certainly do a job in that division.

For me he always looked more of a holding midfielder controlling the tempo of the game.

Good signing for you imo.

Probably suffered from having the Jacobs around last couple of seasons, he can definitely play

The problem with waiting til the end of the season to do anything is that by that time anyone can talk to any other team after January. How about extending contracts before Xmas, if you know you want them to stay???

Livi won't sell on a player for proper money if they only offer 1 year deals to every player, every season. Its like a junior team.

A few are on 2 year deals, the shite that was going on during the season with Rankine and Nixon coupled with Burchill taking over as manager I don't think we were in a position to look that far ahead at xmas time. Didn't even know which league we'd be in to offer contracts back then either.

Sad to see both go, however, they've both been a part of fairly unsuccessful side over the last few years. Maybe time for a clean slate. I'm not sure tho that queens will be a great move for kyle, he's left once before and it's not worked out. Expectations will be high there and he's steady and unspectacular. If results don't go well, he may suffer. Good luck to both tho, gave everything for livi.

Sad to see both go, however, they've both been a part of fairly unsuccessful side over the last few years. Maybe time for a clean slate. I'm not sure tho that queens will be a great move for kyle, he's left once before and it's not worked out. Expectations will be high there and he's steady and unspectacular. If results don't go well, he may suffer. Good luck to both tho, gave everything for livi.

So if he's unspectacular, can we expect a midfielder that just does dirty work? Bit like McKenna? I've seen him play loads of times probably but can't remember what he's like

All the Jacobs have terrier like styles, Kyle will get stuck in and break up play in midfield. Keaghan is a bit more skilful and will drive forward in attack. Kyle also takes a mean penalty kick, nerves of stell for the one against QoS that kept us in the Championship.

Kyle really came onto a game at the end of last season. He's not particularly good with the ball at his feet, but he is strong, aggressive and tackles well. He's also remarkably good in the air for a guy of his size.

Keaghan, however, would be the bigger miss for us.

We definitely need to bulk up the squad. Would like to see another centre back come in to partner Cole. Sives is a decent backup option, but not first team material.