Livingston - all the threads merged

If Gallacher signs then fair enough I got it slightly wrong about us not wanting to re sign him, but Burchill did have Ben Gordon lined up to sign for us a way back in January though I assumed as a replacement but maybe it was to partner Declan.

I'd have White partnering Buchanan upfront myself.

Ford also said that he believed the answer to the club's current cash predicament is to invest in the playing squad.

"What we are trying to do is build a squad to bring success on the park which we believe will bring financial security off the park," he said. "That's in everybody's interests.

"What is crucial is success on the park. It brings its own rewards financially and would hopefully resolve a lot of the issues which face the club."

That , to me, looks like a worrying statement.

Fiddling while Rome burns?

Ford also said that he believed the answer to the club's current cash predicament is to invest in the playing squad.

"What we are trying to do is build a squad to bring success on the park which we believe will bring financial security off the park," he said. "That's in everybody's interests.

"What is crucial is success on the park. It brings its own rewards financially and would hopefully resolve a lot of the issues which face the club."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

I simply do not understand how Ford can say 'i know we're due Mcdougall £££ but we can't afford it so we're not going to and instead we will increase the playing budget in the hope it makes us good and generates more cash. Meanwhile Mcdougall, if you demand your cash back, that's really mean'

What planet is Ford from? Sounds like the kind of guy football clubs can do without.

Wouldn't be Livi without a court case, though how come he waited 6 months and didn't do anything when he was meant to be in charge, and Rankine who his agreement was made with was still there. Burst yer arse this shite all the time.

Gallagher is in the squad photo so looks like he'll be playing for us this season, doubt Faria will be a no go too as he was lined up to take the No8 shirt. Prob move Cole into there and give Gallagher his No4 shirt.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

If I'm reading the reports right, he was wanting £2k back per month. Roughly speaking, that's around £500 per week, which I'd be very confident players like Gallagher would be on.

I can just about see where Ford is coming from, but whoever's made the decision to re-sign Gallagher in light of this is off their nut. They must've known something like this was coming regarding McDougall, his time was up it would seem even before Ford took over the majority shareholding. Now, £2k a month is a pretty kind deal considering the money and time McDougall's put in, so to then sign up a player who's wage would cover that is ludicrous.

Fucking rotten to the core, and that's why only 600 season tickets have been sold. Apathy rules supreme.