Livingston - all the threads merged

The question to Mr McDougall would be why he failed to pay himself the money as the Chairman of Livingston FC. Surely you would look after your own repaynment first?

It seems strange that he's complaining about missed payments from the club which he was running at the time the missed payments were made.

There is communication there and I hope it is resolved quickly and as club we can get back to football rather than all this off-the-field nonsense.

Mcdougall was chairman at that time but had no control over things like that. Rankine has been 'running' the show for a long time now and held the purse strings, along with some of his cronies

Good. Hope we take 12 points off you and finish 20 points ahead of you. Finishing another one of your players careers would make it even sweeter.

[/quote

Finishing another one of your players careers! Great attitude there mate says it all for me!

Go back to my original post and act like an adult and answer my question about Livingston living within there means ! Because clearly you ain't if you can't afford to repay £2000 a month for a loan.

Good. Hope we take 12 points off you and finish 20 points ahead of you. Finishing another one of your players careers would make it even sweeter.

[/quote

Finishing another one of your players careers! Great attitude there mate says it all for me!

Go back to my original post and act like an adult and answer my question about Livingston living within there means ! Because clearly you ain't if you can't afford to repay £2000 a month for a loan.

We have one of the smallest budgets in the division. We have a squad made largely of young players from our youth team, the juniours or released from SPL under-20 sides. A lot of the pther guys have come from part-time clubs. The season is about to begin and we've reached the budget for our playing squad. When that's the case £500 a week (even for your club) is a lot of money. Remember this only came to light yesterday. We'd built our squad before then. Livingston can't win, can you imagine what comments would be going around on here if we were spending the extra £2K a month on these repaymnets?

It's no surprise the majority of Livingston fans take the utter piss with this website. None of you know anything on the matter and jump to conclusions because you don't like the club - probably out of bitterness. Why don't you go back to worrying about denying Calum Elliot private health care when he broke us leg playing for your club, hence ending his career.

b) The club suspended the payment of the debt.

c) The club was in court with a judge who considering the winding up order and was discussing how to seize the players as assets as the other liabilities outweighed the assets that Cowdenbeath had.

The SPFL rules mention a club under an insolvency event but don't define an insolvency event in their rules.

Seriously man give it up. You are digging your way halfway to Australia!

The SPFL rules DO define an Insolvency Event, look again. It shouldnt be difficult to find, its in the first damned clause. The one where they define terms within the rules.

As for your ridiculous attempts to fit a spurious legal action into parts b and c, its just laughable. The club did not suspend the payment of debts GENERALLY, which is what the point said. They suspended payment of one specific debt as it was disputed. Something every business in the country does at some point or another. And it certainly didnt call a meeting to come to an arrangement with creditors as per c.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

We have one of the smallest budgets in the division. We have a squad made largely of young players from our youth team, the juniours or released from SPL under-20 sides. A lot of the pther guys have come from part-time clubs. The season is about to begin and we've reached the budget for our playing squad. When that's the case £500 a week (even for your club) is a lot of money. Remember this only came to light yesterday. We'd built our squad before then. Livingston can't win, can you imagine what comments would be going around on here if we were spending the extra £2K a month on these repaymnets?

It's no surprise the majority of Livingston fans take the utter piss with this website. None of you know anything on the matter and jump to conclusions because you don't like the club - probably out of bitterness. Why don't you go back to worrying about denying Calum Elliot private health care when he broke us leg playing for your club, hence ending his career.

Very good, but all completely irrelevant. If you're supposed to pay him 2k a month you should have cut 2k a month from elsewhere, most likely the playing budget.

There would be no comments on this forum if you had simply because it wouldn't be in the public domain. If you were paying your debts no-one would have reason to go public about it so there would be no story.

Livingston can win. Stop spending money on players you can't afford and therefore increasing your already huge debts compared to your income.

It came to light the other day, but you stopped paying it six months ago.

Not sure how that caveat ties in with your claim that the missed payments are to do with this season's budgetary constraints.

This supposed contract that McDougall has with Rankine is likely to be of no value as Rankine is not involved with the club

In the STV interview he showed it to the reporter and was clearly written on Livi headed notepaper and had quite a few signatures which I take to be all the other directors.

Wonder if those names included Mr Nixon?

Confused as how McDougall could stand in court stating that all directors agreed to not getting paid until the club were in a position of profit whilst he seemingly had a side agreement to getting £2k a month.

Surely we should treat all creditors and directors equally and pay them all something rather than just one individual?

Wonder if those names included Mr Nixon?

Confused as how McDougall could stand in court stating that all directors agreed to not getting paid until the club were in a position of profit whilst he seemingly had a side agreement to getting £2k a month.

Surely we should treat all creditors and directors equally and pay them all something rather than just one individual?

During the Nixon case it was admitted that Rankine had been getting his loans paid back and that McDoog also had an agreement for repayment. These loans seem to be an agreement seperate from the directors loan agreements.

McDoog wasn't pressing for repayment during the past 6 months as (a) Livi didnt have it to give him (b) it was all going to be resolved when the new guy (s) took over.

They have, it wasn't, McDoog is right to go for the jugular.

Come on Scarf ma man, Gilles Simon and the gents wouldn't wanna see you slagging off the Amber Machine.

We'll have to disagree on that point m8. When I last spoke to Gilles the topic of Scottish football arose he asked me who were, and I quote, the 'jobber clubs' were. And I have to say the Amber Machine weren't too far down the list.

That said, we also got talking about P&B and in particular the 'Andy Murray latest' thread on the All Other Sports section and he was very humbled that tennis lads like the two of us were complimentary of him on the thread.

Edited by TheScarf

Not with Hughes as your manager I wouldn't. Fair play to you though getting to where you are and managing your finances so well.

The Hughes who got us into Europe and won the Scottish Cup? No worries m-eight.

The fact is, we're the envy of most clubs in the country. Slow and steady wins the race and all that.

Yeah the one that had us playing predictable passing it out from the keeper every single time he got the ball and every team we played knew exactly what we'd do and were ready to jump on our CB's then score against us. I'd credit Caley with having success despite him rather than because of him.

No arguments with your last point though.