Livingston - all the threads merged

He came on at LB against Kelty Hearts (and scored) so LB or RB could be a shout

He looks a decent option, bit naive when tackling but fairly quick and strong. A run of games at Championship level would be ideal. Given he signed on a two year deal, with the option of a third, he looks like a good long-term option to keep

On 08/12/2022 at 14:47, LIVIFOREVER said:

Martindale was saying Bradley would be going out on loan if we signed him, looks like Morton will get a decent player.

Got sent a pic of some article that Bradley had been training at Queen’s Park. Played for us in youths and a few 1st team games before going to hibs. Could be a load of nonsense obviously but if he’s doing the business in the friendlies for livi then I’d imagine he’ll get a deal there 

On 08/12/2022 at 14:49, ATLIS said:

Think you can only loan two at once to a club can you not?

During the covid seasons, it was increased to four players from one club in a different league. I wasn't sure if it was decreased again, but a quick skim of the current rules states a max of:

three Players League Registered with it on the basis of Temporary Transfers from any one other Club for the time being eligible to participate in another Division from itself; 

So, three players if I'm reading that correctly.

On 08/12/2022 at 14:49, ATLIS said:

Think you can only loan two at once to a club can you not?

It's three rather than two now, having previously been increased to four for 20/21 only. Though we also have Calvin Miller training with us and a winger isn't the biggest priority as it is, so the only way I could see us getting Bradley as well is if Kabia returns to you at the same time. If he did it would presumably be on the basis of going to League One again, because he's not up to the Championship.

8 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

It's three rather than two now, having previously been increased to four for 20/21 only. Though we also have Calvin Miller training with us and a winger isn't the biggest priority as it is, so the only way I could see us getting Bradley as well is if Kabia returns to you at the same time. If he did it would presumably be on the basis of going to League One again, because he's not up to the Championship.

That's disappointing, always thought he had something about him and could've had a chance of making it with us playing at Premiership level.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hoping this means we can negotiate for Mullin to be released to ourselves next month. 

I'd be very surprised if this doesn't happen. He won't be back at Livi due to the formation change, and if there's a club that'll help secure his future I can't see Martindale standing in his way

In terms of leaving I'd put Cancar and Bradley (if signed) as likely to leave on loan, Fitzwater and possibly Omeonga to leave permanently and, depending on circumstances, Kabia to leave as well 

Edit - Given Martindale's comments on Bradley's signing, it looks like he'll be staying with the first team here!

Edited by The Wrong Car

1 hour ago, The Wrong Car said:

I'd be very surprised if this doesn't happen. He won't be back at Livi due to the formation change, and if there's a club that'll help secure his future I can't see Martindale standing in his way

In terms of leaving I'd put Cancar and Bradley (if signed) as likely to leave on loan, Fitzwater and possibly Omeonga to leave permanently and, depending on circumstances, Kabia to leave as well 

Edit - Given Martindale's comments on Bradley's signing, it looks like he'll be staying with the first team here!

Not heard an Omeongo rumour.  What goss have you heard?

2 minutes ago, ol1vercloff said:

Not heard an Omeongo rumour.  What goss have you heard?

Not a rumour exactly, however Martindale has spoken a lot about the option of cashing in on Fitzwater. Omeonga is in a similar situation (mid 20s, fairly well known and in the last 6 months of his deal) and with Sean Kelly, Stephen Kelly, Pittman, Holt, Shinnie plus Penrice all able to play CM he might be seen as a sellable asset

I'd happily keep him though!

2 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:

Aye originally Martindale was saying he wasn't ready to come into the first team, but the statement on the OS announcing his signing looks far more positive about him playing for us this season. He has done really well in his trial period in the Titanic cup games and looks good enough for a squad place the rest of the season.

Kabia has scored some goals for Morton but one of their fans doesn't reckon he's good enough for the Championship, so that doesn't bode well for him coming back to us, Martindale will be getting weekly reports on how he's doing from Imrie. Bahamboula has really stepped it up recently too, so that position is def his now, and with Nouble able to play there and now Bradley signed as a winger (St Kelly can also play there), we've got the wings covered pretty well.

You'd think there will be interest in Nouble and Bahamboula at the end of the season though, or even in the Jan window, as well as Fitzwater.

11 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

In all honesty Kabia leaving wouldn't be a huge deal, that kind of player is always a punt at the end of the day on the gamble that they develop.

Not a huge deal, but disappointing, looked like he had something about him and could be a useful player for us, quick and direct, an Alan Forrest type player, doesn't look like it is going to happen for him though.

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

I wonder if Hamilton will return in January? Not exactly been setting the heather alight in Hartlepool.

I feel like that loan move was purely because we wanted Hartlepool to buy him; or he'd do well enough that someone else would want to. I'll still hold the slight hope that he'll come back to be a brilliant player but just doesn't feel like he's suited to the Premiership.