Livingston - all the threads merged

45 minutes ago, Livi said:

Being a lifetime member i received nothing. I also  know of other members they have received nothing either.

I am  perplexed they are corresponding with some and not putting effort into sorting out an all members meeting.

I dread to think what their GDPR position might be when it comes to this lifetime membership thing.

It seems like this organisation is a bit of a propaganda piece with lots of noise and no substance. I saw one of the board members, a well known associate of Neil Rankine, on Facebook celebrating and saying the Celtic money will pay off Rankine’s court costs. 

The bowls club seemed a bit random, even if it’s very convenient for me. No doubt the new meeting, if it does indeed happen, will take place in a similarly unusual location in the middle of June.

I think I'm right in saying that the Trust hasn't officially commented on the outcome of the Rankine case, but has posted about the two games since? Not exactly an organisation with it's finger on the pulse when it comes to club matters. 

18 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Opcco6 Ltd published its confirmation statement today and it now reports an ownership split of 30-30-40 for Robert Wilson, Neil Hogarth and Carolyn Sumner. Previously 70-30-0.

What’s the deal with these 3 people then? Are they vocally keen to take Livi forward or is it hands off and distant owners? Just wonder what their angle on things is now. 

4 hours ago, crispy said:

What’s the deal with these 3 people then? Are they vocally keen to take Livi forward or is it hands off and distant owners? Just wonder what their angle on things is now. 

Hogarth took his money back out of the club so i doubt he wants to be investing anything back into Livi, and Sumner is in with Rankine, we aren't moving forward till both fuckoff and new investors come in.

51 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Wilson previously was Chairman and stepped down as he was retiring I think so makes sense his share is now reduced and given / sold to the other 2. 

Not sure how Wilson ended up with 70% shareholding of the holding company? He never put in 70% of the money did he? 

Wilson is now seemingly falling out with Burskens and yet they happily sat in the directors box for months / years couldn't make this up

For me Burskens given his record should never have been at the club in any circumstance.

20 hours ago, crispy said:

1. Robert Wilson

‘Retired’ as chairman in the summer and makes sense to offload his shares now. 

2. Neil Hogarth

Arrested for fraud after allegedly stealing from the club. The club tried to pursue him in court for over £600,000 last year so some doubts over his fitness to run the club.

3. Carolyn Sumner

Previously on the board and seems to have been sniping from the sidelines for years, reportedly appointed some hot-shot consultant to try and sell her shares in 2020 but that’s come to nothing as yet.  Interestingly in 2020 her stake in Opcco6 Ltd was reported as 70% and that news only became official this week.

Sources:

Companies House, 

https://www.casemine.com/judgement/uk/652d81da851534078c71ba1b/amp , 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12494091/amp/Scottish-Premiership-Livington-advanced-talks-American-investors.html

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/former-livingston-fc-director-neil-26452277.amp

Edited by CharlieWhisky
Additional source added

8 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

1. Robert Wilson

‘Retired’ as chairman in the summer and makes sense to offload his shares now. 

2. Neil Hogarth

Arrested for fraud after allegedly stealing from the club. The club tried to pursue him in court for over £600,000 last year so some doubts over his fitness to run the club.

3. Carolyn Sumner

Previously on the board and seems to have been sniping from the sidelines for years, reportedly appointed some hot-shot consultant to try and sell her shares in 2020 but that’s come to nothing as yet.  Interestingly in 2020 her stake in Opcco6 Ltd was reported as 70% and that news only became official this week.

Sources:

Companies House, 

https://www.casemine.com/judgement/uk/652d81da851534078c71ba1b/amp , 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12494091/amp/Scottish-Premiership-Livington-advanced-talks-American-investors.html

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/former-livingston-fc-director-neil-26452277.amp

What about Burskens, Ward & Martindale? 

2 hours ago, Livi said:

What about Burskens, Ward & Martindale? 

Well since you asked so nicely..

Interesting that one of the articles posted above states that Mr Martindale had negotiated the settlement with McDougall. His past is well known but I think he is now a man of integrity. I wish he’d stepped down as the first team manager before now but I do think he’s a good person. He’s currently running the club top-to-bottom as far as I can tell, and everything is much more professional than 5-10 years ago thanks to incremental changes driven almost exclusively by Martindale. His family seem to be heavily involved (and in some cases on the payroll) which I see as a positive unless there’s evidence otherwise. There’s no evidence I'm aware of to suggest he’s done anything other than act in what he thinks are the best interests of the club at any time.

Buerskens’ past is also well known. I understand why the club was keen to keep his involvement under wraps and I’m not sure where we stand with him. I don’t know what he ever did. JW said he greased the wheels when negotiating with the council or something. I think he’s moved on to pastures new and I’m not aware of anything to suggest that was on bad terms or that he ever did anything to harm the club. As an aside I’ve met him and he was very friendly, but that’s probably what the old couple he robbed said. 

John Ward seems to be putting his time and energy into the club out of the goodness of his heart, recently claiming he’s never taken a penny out of the club in expenses or payment. I think he only actually offers a couple of hours per week plus matchdays. He has spoken publicly about how he values the club’s role in the community. He seems to act in the best interests of the club and has admitted his shortcomings with the budget in the last couple of years. Recently stated his tenure at the club is directly linked to Martindale’s presence. Says lots of weird stuff on Twitter when he’s pissed, this week I noticed “Livi fans feeling persecuted does not belong to me. Don't buy used cars from Neil Hogarth and be careful who decorates your house”. What’s in it for him? I’m really not sure.

Happy to be told anything in either of my last two posts is inaccurate. Post 1 is much easier as two of them have come out with axes to grind, with information in the public domain. Sumner is the only one I’ve not met in person and I liked all of them.

Any ways.Back to the football on the pitch.After 17 games without a win.Maybe just maybe a chink of light at the end of the tunnel. They surely can't turn this around?Can they?.So many points dropped undeservedly in many games when we deserved more.The great escape is now within us.For me,the SPL can do one.Unless you follow the glorious 2 your flecked.But there again Scottish football is dier without the aforementioned 2.Fact.

Class result, it’s been coming with recent performances but still felt like we were going to chuck it somehow. Amazing how the atmosphere has changed so quickly with two wins in 8 days.. Forza Livi!

Win next week and we’re truly in business.

Are there enough games left for us to make top six?

The obvious match winners yesterday were George and Yengi, both were immense. Here's some recognition for other strong performers:

Sangare has a knack for being in the right place at the right time defensively. It didn't make the Sportscene highlights but I remember early first half he cleared a loose ball around our six yard area that could otherwise have found its way to a St Mirren player. Second half, Sangare kept cutting out St Mirren's attempted balls down the right channel. He positions himself unusually narrowly for a full back on that left side, close to his centre back, and it works very well. He mostly won his tackles when dribbled at and got forward well a couple of times.

Obileye had been below par since the County match but was back to his best yesterday. While the whole team defended all those dangerous set pieces well, Obileye especially had a ball magnet on his head. He also showed again how he's our main threat with attacking set pieces, doing well to get that shot in which Yengi then scored the rebound from.

Stephen Kelly was good. That was his best game this season. He was getting on the ball and probing, either dribbling and shooting himself or rolling passes out to our wide players. He began the match on the left with Shinnie central but Martindale swapped them over early and it was a sound decision. Shinnie gave us better defensive cover on the left side which we needed as St Mirren dominated play for much of the first half. Kelly's defensive job went from tracking the St Mirren right wing back to just pressing the St Mirren centre backs along with Yengi, a less demanding shift that freed him up more to focus on his attacking game. We saw too why MacKay hadn't been chosen to start, as great an attacking option as he is, he wouldn't have offered the same defensive ability that Nouble and Shinnie did.