Livingston - all the threads merged

6 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Yeah the secret Hogarth Cabal, as cryptic as a fucking David Lynch film we are.

Good thing you have us all blocked for us to “lay it all out”  

These idiots that have us blocked will be moaning when the club goes t!ts up.

Saying i wished i had listened!

It's incredibly egotistical to assume that Livi fans not listening to you means there's no general concern amongst them 

Most fans, myself included, has asked for clarification, or specific details. Usually it's met with silence or general comments about the club

Hopefully the Trust can arrange that meeting to clarify this - it's only been two months since they began organising it 😂

1 hour ago, The Wrong Car said:

It's incredibly egotistical to assume that Livi fans not listening to you means there's no general concern amongst them 

Most fans, myself included, has asked for clarification, or specific details. Usually it's met with silence or general comments about the club

Hopefully the Trust can arrange that meeting to clarify this - it's only been two months since they began organising it 😂

In the meantime our chairman is very active on Twitter - though I’d be careful what you ask him as he has a habit of biting fans’ heads off if they say the wrong thing! 

Listen or not, what are Livi fans meant to do? Larger, more vocal supporter bases don’t necessarily have influence over governance.

It seems we’ve got people in charge that want the club to progress and we’ve got people on the sidelines presumably not fussed about what court battles are doing to the club. Evidently it’s harming the playing side with uncompetitive budget. Perceived dross on the park and languishing in lower leagues will not help to grow the fan base, imo.

Edited by crispy

10 hours ago, crispy said:

seems we’ve got people in charge that want the club to progress and we’ve got people on the sidelines presumably not fussed about what court battles are doing to the club. Evidently it’s harming the playing side with uncompetitive budget

really? People in charge looking to sell the club to gangsters (Morton’s rolls) on the cheap while coincidentally, getting to keep their jobs too after the sale? You call that progress, investment? Give me peace.

400,000k for the club when American investors were prepared to invest so much more? Wonder what happened there… 

The club were talking about American investors and so were all the fans, and out of nowhere out comes the shadowy McIlvogue who’s not bringing in investment? The man who’s had his sale stopped and hasn’t said a word??🤣

john ward having a Twitter meltdown (now deleted) after he’s had a court order telling him to hand over the books for the club…. You think there’s nothing to worry about here?

Yeah, nothing suspicious going on behind the scenes.

“Court battles having an effect on the club”

Bear in mind one of the most arduous, lengthy court procedures was brought on by the club themselves pursuing Hogarth, but their lawyers bungled it so badly and were slated by the judge. 

500k *poof, gone*

rankine settlement *poof, gone*

Hogarth’s fees to be paid too. 

this must be reaching 7 figures.

Edited by Roger the cabin boy

36 minutes ago, Trumpty Dumpty said:

The people in charge ARE the problem. They've driven the club into financial distress again because of their incompetence and worse.

Uncompetitive budget? Really? Ask the SPFL about the benchmarking they did. Livi's management weren't lowest paid. other clubs have the info. 

Player budget nearly double the £1.8m suggested by Martindale/Ward.

The Trust could make a difference with its shares. they could call an EGM and put board on the spot. But what volunteer fan in their right mind would take on thugs and gangsters, if what's been suggested on this thread is true.

Maybe PC McPlod needs to take a long hard look at the people who brought them in to look at Hogarth.

I'm interested; why do you feel the need to keep creating more and more identities?

1 hour ago, Trumpty Dumpty said:

Only need one, so only got one. the fakers are on the inside of club.

Forgive me for not believing you, there are multiple accounts that keep popping up to say the exact same patter you're coming out with.

Telling that Martindale and Ward are the bad guys by all these accounts, including yours, but Rankine, Hogarth and Sumner share as much of the responsibility for court costs. Under Ward and Martindale we came from League One to the Premiership, and stayed here for 6 seasons, think that at least deserves some credit. What exactly will Hogarth and Sumner do for Livi if they win all this in fighting to gain control, none of these accounts have told us.

Hogarth doesn't seem interested in putting any money into the club, as he took it all out, but is blocking others from doing so, all he's doing is causing the club harm till he buggers off. 

8 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

really? People in charge looking to sell the club to gangsters (Morton’s rolls) on the cheap while coincidentally, getting to keep their jobs too after the sale? You call that progress, investment? Give me peace.

400,000k for the club when American investors were prepared to invest so much more? Wonder what happened there… 

The club were talking about American investors and so were all the fans, and out of nowhere out comes the shadowy McIlvogue who’s not bringing in investment? The man who’s had his sale stopped and hasn’t said a word??🤣

john ward having a Twitter meltdown (now deleted) after he’s had a court order telling him to hand over the books for the club…. You think there’s nothing to worry about here?

Yeah, nothing suspicious going on behind the scenes.

“Court battles having an effect on the club”

Bear in mind one of the most arduous, lengthy court procedures was brought on by the club themselves pursuing Hogarth, but their lawyers bungled it so badly and were slated by the judge. 

500k *poof, gone*

rankine settlement *poof, gone*

Hogarth’s enhanced fees to be paid too. 

this must be reaching 7 figures.

You're getting desperate now with this Jackanory story. The court cases put off the American investors, can't be arsed trying to find an article where Martindale told us all this ages ago.

7 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

What exactly will Hogarth and Sumner do for Livi if they win all this in fighting to gain control, none of these accounts have told us.

Hogarth doesn't seem interested in putting any money into the club, as he took it all out, but is blocking others from doing so, all he's doing is causing the club harm till he buggers off. 

Quite funny as these people (if you treat Sumner as Rankine, which she is really in all of this) are the only people who have actually put money into the club.

Ward hasn’t parted with a cent, and martindale has his debt to the crown, so it’s not like he could own stock in the club when opcco started up in 2017.

Martindale and Ward have put nothing into the club, and are attempting to wrest control of it from people who actually put money into the place when livi was in league 1.

2 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Quite funny as these people (if you treat Sumner as Rankine, which she is really in all of this) are the only people who have actually put money into the club.

Ward hasn’t parted with a cent, and martindale has his debt to the crown, so it’s not like he could own stock in the club when opcco started up in 2017.

Martindale and Ward have put nothing into the club, and are attempting to wrest control of it from people who actually put money into the place when livi was in league 1.

Yep Rankine put money into the club, same as he did with a few other clubs, and cost us dearly when we got hit with punishment for him having interest in more than one club, East Fife and Livi, as well as a loan to Dumbarton.  He also admitted to fraud, in making up how much he had put in doubling it in some cases, and left Livi a while ago, but kept taking the club to court to try and get his dosh back, after being told a few times he'd have to wait till the club could pay him without putting itself in danger of going bust. 

It's the same with Hogarth, yet it's supposedly all Wards fault for the court cases, complete nonsense, there is plenty blame to be shared around by all concerned. 

It's the same every time at Livi, the old owners/board members hang around causing problems for the new ones, Livi can't move on till Hogarth and Sumner GTF. Nobody is going to come in to take the club forward when there s court cases fighting over controlling shares. Even McIlvogue has been stopped from doing so.

If Hogarth and Sumner had a plan to take the club forward then great, what is it, haven't heard anything positive from the Ward haters on this.

If the trust can call the board to a meeting and full disclosure a prerequisite, then in the name of the wee man get it organised (someone?)

The discord on here is painful, if not informative (heh). Problem is I don't know fact from fiction other than what's coming from court cases etc

Should Livingston have NOT pursued any of the legal cases they were involved with? 

Why would Martindale and Ward deliberately ruin the clubs finances? Just ego?

David Martindale has been a powerful influence and figure at this club for some time, and his influence may well extend into the boardroom. Arguably that can be okay, as long as the Manager is not also on the board, which he's not (or did I miss that?) and its working with a managerial team and not a dictatorship. We've had astonishing results these last 6 years, who's fault is that. Why chuck it away? Is there a logical reason?

It seems one suggestion proposed is that DM and Ward deliberately used club funds needed to build a solid team to keep us in the SPL, instead chasing pointless and ultimately ruinous legal cases ....to what end? 

I have to be honest, I canny keep up with all the speculations and frankly I just want to think and talk about the footie, but its hard going guys when you get online and there's a lot of negative heat, name calling (wtf? that should not be happening) Bad enough on the FB forum, getting so's we fans are too hard on each other and the players will hate that too. They use social media like we never did (I'm knocking on a bit) too many bad vibes floating around ...

What's the next best thing we need to all do if we love the club and want it to have a stable future? That's where I'm at.

7 minutes ago, larry the lion said:

If the trust can call the board to a meeting and full disclosure a prerequisite, then in the name of the wee man get it organised (someone?)

The discord on here is painful, if not informative (heh). Problem is I don't know fact from fiction other than what's coming from court cases etc

Should Livingston have NOT pursued any of the legal cases they were involved with? 

David Martindale has been a powerful influence and figure at this club for some time, and his influence may well extend into the boardroom. Arguably that can be okay, as long as the Manager is not also on the board, which he's not (or did I miss that?) and its working with a managerial team and not a dictatorship. We've had astonishing results these last 6 years, who's fault is that. Why chuck it away? Is there a logical reason?

It seems one suggestion proposed is that DM and Ward deliberately used club funds needed to build a solid team to keep us in the SPL, instead chasing pointless and ultimately ruinous legal cases ....to what end? 

I have to be honest, I canny keep up with all the speculations and frankly I just want to think and talk about the footie, but its hard going guys when you get online and there's a lot of negative heat, name calling (wtf? that should not be happening) Bad enough on the FB forum, getting so's we fans are too hard on each other and the players will hate that too. They use social media like we never did (I'm knocking on a bit) too many bad vibes floating around ...

What's the next best thing we need to all do if we love the club and want it to have a stable future? That's where I'm at.

Most of us on here are the same, it's only one or two posters coming on to talk about court cases etc, popping up with new accounts and immediately firing in with anti Ward and Martindale posts. Gets tediously boring because they never tell us straight what info they have, and drip feed snippets of info, with their own spin. I end up sticking them on ignore because it goes nowhere talking to them.

Though tbf the football is equally painful to talk about this season.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep Rankine put money into the club, same as he did with a few other clubs, and cost us dearly when we got hit with punishment for him having interest in more than one club, East Fife and Livi, as well as a loan to Dumbarton.  He also admitted to fraud, in making up how much he had put in doubling it in some cases, and left Livi a while ago, but kept taking the club to court to try and get his dosh back, after being told a few times he'd have to wait till the club could pay him without putting itself in danger of going bust. 

Love him or hate him, Livi wouldn’t be here today had Rankine not intervened in the mcdougall debacle.

John Ward didn’t put his hands in his pockets then. 

It's the same with Hogarth, yet it's supposedly all Wards fault for the court cases, complete nonsense, there is plenty blame to be shared around by all concerned.

God forbid someone defends themselves in court. For over a year and a half livi dragged on the court case with Hogarth, dangled a £680K+ sword of Damocles over his head… only to have their counsel throw it away the last minute. Waste of the club’s money.

It's the same every time at Livi, the old owners/board members hang around causing problems for the new ones, Livi can't move on till Hogarth and Sumner GTF. Nobody is going to come in to take the club forward when there s court cases fighting over controlling shares. Even McIlvogue has been stopped from doing so

Livi will get nowhere so long as Martindale is running the show. Sale to Mcilvogue has been halted and your average fan should be glad… is Livingston some criminal rehab facility? Drug dealer manager and gangster owners…. What on Earth is Ward doing with that lot….

Oh… did you ever meet Ward for that catch up chat over coffee, Paul? 

This is all leading somewhere,where who knows ?

Personally I find it fascinating and nauseating at the same time,as we're finally seeing a bit of what's going on behind the scenes,albeit only a portion of it.

Just now, Trumpty Dumpty said:

So everything Martindale says is the truth is it? That story was bullshit. The Americans are still there. It was his timetable that was thrown into the air because he wanted money before the transfer window closed. 

he also wanted it to line his own pockets. And there’s proof. 

So believe what you want. It’s all going to come out soon.

Fucking hell bud, don't mince your words... Although you sorta did, right? When is what coming out? (puns at the ready)

1 hour ago, larry the lion said:

Face value, club pursue Hogarth for fraud misappropriation etc… pursue away. However, to go through the sheriff court, then commercial court and after a year and a half, get your case thrown out for being nothing but innuendo, obfuscation… it’s an embarrassment to those running the club. Fans should be asking questions. Nonetheless, this court case was an attempt to bleed Hogarth dry till he submitted and handed over his shares to the powers that be.

Don’t worry, only one person of these two gets a say in how to ruin the club’s finances. Hopefully there can be  transparency and a full breakdown of how Livingston have made such staggering losses these past couple seasons. 

David Martindale has been a powerful influence and figure at this club for some time, and his influence may well extend into the boardroom. Arguably that can be okay, as long as the Manager is not also on the board, which he's not (or did I miss that?) and its working with a managerial team and not a dictatorship

He’s not on the board and he’s not a shareholder of OPCCO 6. His control at the club just makes the LFC board look like puppets, which they are. Despite some fresh blood in the team, there is still a shite atmosphere in the dressing room.

What's the next best thing we need to all do if we love the club and want it to have a stable future

Join the trust, get involved in it, and challenge the LFC board like it should have done when all this carry-on first started.