Livingston - all the threads merged

46 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

However it’s nonsense to suggest Hogarth and Rankine are somehow good for the club

I’ve not said that they’re better for the club. Sorry if saying the club was in profit whilst they were involved goes against your bias.

47 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

Judge’s Comments as someone who’s happy to cut checks to himself from club accounts with little warning

Your words not the judge’s. “May have acted dishonestly” … up to livi to prove that and it’s been what 4 years since Hogarth left the club? What’s taking so long?

49 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

latter, even if you ignore the alleged double/triple counting of loans

Says who? Ward in the club statement? 🤣

Love him or hate him, rankine saved the club in the mid 2010s. He put his hand in his pocket, Ward hasn’t parted with a bloody penny for Livi.

When it comes to Rankine’s involvement in Scottish footy, he’s the bogeyman to the average livi punter but there’d be no club today if not for his cash back in the day.

1 hour ago, The Wrong Car said:

Expecting fans to ask Hogarth directly is nonsense as well, he’s more than capable of clarifying his plans publicly.

Midwits on here typing “what’s his endgame? What are the plans for the club?” And calling it nonsense when someone says to actually ask the man himself😂.

5 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Midwits on here typing “what’s his endgame? What are the plans for the club?” And calling it nonsense when someone says to actually ask the man himself😂.

PMSL people wanting to know Hogarth's plan or agenda is yet Ward has been at the club since 2019 and the only thing you get is the odd red wine X (twitter) rant or a club statement rant.

He has no money invested and  has overseen £1.2 million in losses  in both his role as CEO and Chairman and people on here still feel he's the man to lead the club

Not seen any club attempt to engage with the fanbase like the old fashioned fans forum that the club used to host. 

My oh my.

15 minutes ago, Livi said:

He has no money invested and  has overseen £1.2 million in losses  in both his role as CEO and Chairman and people on here still feel he's the man to lead the club

Working for ‘free’ and fighting tooth and nail in an ownership battle of a club… following courts halting the deal where Livi is scooped for 400k and he gets to keep his unpayed job ,  a job where he’s done nothing but lose money🤣…Nothing to see here!… I’m sure it’s all for the good of the club.

8 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Working for ‘free’ and fighting tooth and nail in an ownership battle of a club… following courts halting the deal where Livi is scooped for 400k and he gets to keep his unpayed job ,  a job where he’s done nothing but lose money🤣…Nothing to see here!… I’m sure it’s all for the good of the club.

We just have an agenda blah, blah, blah. Sure the usual village idiots will be out soon with that line.

Meanwhile we have the club continuing to make losses and spending £500k plus on legal costs and a relegation staring us in the face but hey lets just keep going and blame everyone else other than the poor souls running the club.

Edited by Livi

10 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

How exactly would fans do this? Should we hang around West Lothian hoping to bump into him? Head over to the Broadwood Motor showroom? Send him a message asking him to explain his motives to each individual fan? Surely the onus is on Hogarth himself, similar to how the onus is on the club (Ward/Black) to speak more?

Out of curiosity - when was the last Fan's Forum? I remember attending ones towards the end of the Massone era, but I'm not sure they were ever a regular thing?

At risk of being accused of 'bias', Ward left April 2019 and returned January 2020. If that's the period being highlighted as good governance by Hogarth/Rankine, the sale of Dykes in August 2020 went a long way to boosting finances. 

(If this was in reference to another period, apologies. It's fairly hard to see at which points Rankine was actively involved in the running of the club 😂)

Edited by The Wrong Car

On 12/03/2024 at 07:01, RandomGuy. said:

I think half the league was after Deas tbf. If rumours are true Killie are paying him quite a lot.

He and Bob Marley Watkins.   Silly numbers.

23 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

Out of curiosity - when was the last Fan's Forum? I remember attending ones towards the end of the Massone era, but I'm not sure they were ever a regular thing?

Not sure when the last one was.

in the Rankine/McDougall/Nixon time there were fans forums. I distinctly remember one where John Collins was present 

2 minutes ago, Livi said:

Not sure when the last one was.

in the Rankine/McDougall/Nixon time there were fans forums. I distinctly remember one where John Collins was present 

I found this - seems to be just after Evans & Collins left

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/loss-john-collins-major-blow-2538535

It's a shame they seemed to stop, however I'm sure the Trust left the board fairly soon after this and they presumably played a big part in pushing for these. 

22 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

How exactly would fans do this? Should we hang around West Lothian hoping to bump into him? Head over to the Broadwood Motor showroom? Send him a message asking him to explain his motives to each individual fan? Surely the onus is on Hogarth himself, similar to how the onus is on the club (Ward/Black) to speak more?

At risk of being accused of 'bias', Ward left April 2019 and returned January 2020. If that's the period being highlighted as good governance by Hogarth/Rankine, the sale of Dykes in August 2020 went a long way to boosting finances. 

(If this was in reference to another period, apologies. It's fairly hard to see at which points Rankine was actively involved in the running of the club 😂)

Its not surprising you have trouble identifying Rankine's activities; he appears to have several personas on Companies House, as has Sumner. When registering you're meant to list out your previous and current directorships; seems he and Sumner both forgot to do that. Likewise it seems he has amnesia about his date of birth.

When I first met him almost 15 year ago he reminded me of a bomb site car salesman like we use to see in the fifties and sixties; very much the spiv with the wide awake suit. 

Leastways Hogath and Ward managed to perform the relatively simple task of registration without issue.

2 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:

Head over to the Broadwood Motor showroom? Send him a message asking him to explain his motives to each individual fan?

If a fan of the club genuinely wants to know I don’t see how this is so ridiculous.

Surely the onus is on Hogarth himself, similar to how the onus is on the club (Ward/Black) to speak more?

Yes, no, maybe? Idk. Hogarth, sumner are shareholders trying to take control of a company that was previously in the hands of hostile directors, who were trying to sell the club to money launderers. What plans they have who can say?

The bar has been set pretty low so far in terms of the running of the club, so a plan to bring some actual investment shouldn’t bring too many complaints if that’s their intention. 

Any questions directed towards Paul Cullen during his time at opcco? This literal employee of John Ward sat on the board of the parent company for ages, as did Gary Brown - no one asked who these people were or what their intentions were with the club. But all of a sudden Majority shareholders the people with actual stake in the club have to explain themselves? 

the sale of Dykes in August 2020 went a long way to boosting finances

That money didn’t make much of a dent in the losses for the following season (?), which is bloody mental. I don’t see anyone looking for answers as to how the club has lost so much money these past few seasons? All we’ve had so far are wishy-washy tweets - nothing has been broken down and justified.

Edited by Roger the cabin boy

yes they do have to explain themselves, everyone should be held to account and their motives questioned. I don't think we can shift positions for different parties/stakeholders. In fact, this is exactly what is needed, some clarity and a figurehead to lead the club and develop the business. Shadowy figures waiting to cash out when the timing is right is a load of old f**k and our club doesn't need any more cloak and dagger drama.

Can't everyone be part of this journey, all together, fans, owners, players all of us...

We stick around for the love of the club, I suspect so do some of the other players in this am-dram, but possible to that there are selfish motives as well (all round potentially)

Name calling and denigrating other posters is simply you spunking away any credibility you have. Stick to educating and highlighting, less of the superiority complex nonsense...

From our side, we need a meeting, either via fans forum or trust initiated, a lot of things need clarified and we need to do more to ensure accountability and transparency from everyone involved in running this club 

Edited by larry the lion

30 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

If a fan of the club genuinely wants to know I don’t see how this is so ridiculous.

The idea that the average fan needs to personally approach those involved to ask them to clarify the situation is fairly ridiculous. This applies to everyone involved, including Ward and Hogarth. 

32 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

The bar has been set pretty low so far in terms of the running of the club, so a plan to bring some actual investment shouldn’t bring too many complaints if that’s their intention. 

I doubt many Livi fans would oppose this, nor Hogarth and Rankine being fully reimbursed for any money owed. However, my scepticism comes from the fact that nobody seems to know their intentions. 

I'd argue critiquing Ward for not being open, while giving Hogarth/Sumner/Rankine the benefit of the doubt on that front is a better example of bias  

44 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

The idea that the average fan needs to personally approach those involved to ask them to clarify the situation is fairly ridiculous. This applies to everyone involved, including Ward and Hogarth. 

We could start a new trend - I could walk up to Lord Sainsbury of Turville to ask him why the frozen peas at Sainsburys PLC are more expensive than Aldi's 🤨

17 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

I'd argue critiquing Ward for not being open, while giving Hogarth/Sumner/Rankine the benefit of the doubt on that front is a better example of bias  

1 hour ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Hogarth, sumner are shareholders trying to take control of a company that was previously in the hands of hostile directors, who were trying to sell the club to money launderers. What plans they have who can say?

I suppose you would need them to stand up and spell it out for you.

15 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

I suppose you would need them to stand up and spell it out for you.

Standing up and explaining their own views is exactly what I'm asking for 😂 

Perhaps they could invite a few other fans, and call it a Fans Forum?

2 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

What about livi and anyone else you disagree with, are they me too? 

Dunceford over here with the great input as always. 

From someone who finds paedophilia and disability amusing I think we can all see the standard of your mental capacity sonny.