Livingston - all the threads merged

If you don’t ask, you don’t get. Waiting around to be told isn’t getting us very far, is it?

Last year I asked John Ward some questions on Facebook, he said to ask him in person and I went to the directors box at the next home game and asked him. 

3 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

If you don’t ask, you don’t get. Waiting around to be told isn’t getting us very far, is it?

Last year I asked John Ward some questions on Facebook, he said to ask him in person and I went to the directors box at the next home game and asked him. 

What did you ask and what was his reply?

Also not sure why but this has just reminded me of when he had a massive go at someone on Twitter because they were (correctly IMO) complaining about there never being hot water for taps in the toilets. A good laugh.

3 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Nah nah mate don’t be *ridiculous* 

you can’t expect the average fan to do that!!! 

you’ll be asking Lord Sainsbury the price of frozen peas next

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

What are the numbers? How much are they on?

Marley Watkins agent was calling around and offered him to Inverness (and Ross County) for £3,000 a week.   You can imagine what the reaction was.  County offered Deas a contract (natch - as they will with Daniel Mackay when the time comes) and obviously didn’t come close.   I assume the numbers are similar. 

Edited by Savage Henry

Livingston players were told to stay away from the club's stadium on Tuesday due to a sickness bug that was having a major impact on the squad.

Although training resumed on Wednesday, assistant manager Brian Rice says they have no idea who will be available for Saturday's crucial Premiership match away to Hibernian.

“We have had a bug running through the club," Rice said. "[Jason] Holt missed out last weekend because of the bug and it has spread. We shut the club down for the day yesterday.

“We hope to get two or three of them back but right at this time I couldn’t tell who was going to be available and who is not.

“We have four or five off today so it will just be a head count in the next couple of days to see who is available.”

30 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Marley Watkins agent was calling around and offered him to Inverness (and Ross County) for £3,000 a week.   You can imagine what the reaction was.  County offered Deas a contract (natch - as they will with Daniel Mackay when the time comes) and obviously didn’t come close.   I assume the numbers are similar. 

So both players on £3000 per week then? 

2 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Kinda thought the ones telling us all we should be doing that to Ward and Martindale, while throwing their support behind Hogarth, Sumner and Rankine, would've already asked those 3 what their future plans for Livi were, and weren't just blindly lending their support without knowing.

Maybe they have, and they aren't head in the sand fucks themselves, but like everything else they do on here when posting cryptic rays of sunshine, they just don't want to tell us.

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

From the quoted replies i can see my decision to block these twats was a wise one.

You can always rely on the village idiot engaging in the discussion 🙄😅

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Kinda thought the ones telling us all we should be doing that to Ward and Martindale, while throwing their support behind Hogarth, Sumner and Rankine, would've already asked those 3 what their future plans for Livi were, and weren't just blindly lending their support without knowing.

Maybe they have, and they aren't head in the sand fucks themselves, but like everything else they do on here when posting cryptic rays of sunshine, they just don't want to tell us.

The crux of it is you have no idea what Martindale's or Ward's plans for the club are. Other than its racking up losses and debts (Scot Gov loan) 

£80k per year in the championship is 1 or 2 players.

It's a shame that this has just become a place where Rankine and Hogarth's lackies can just spout nonsense, make as many new accounts as they want and pretend there's even a group of Livi fans that think either Rankine or Hogarth are the answer.  Pure disruption and creating unrest at a time where the club needs fans to pull together. 

This Livi space in the forum used to be good, but this has been a 6+ month campaign of utter nonsense at this point. The one thing it's solidified in me is that if Rankine or Hogarth are in control of the club, I won't be back until they're gone. Zero interest in further lining the pockets of individuals who've already taken money out of the club. That decision has been partly down to the now 5+ fresh accounts made by the same shill. 

17 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Was it Hibs we played when Fitzwater and Stryjek were in the bog throwing up at HT, Fitz spewed into his football shirt on the way off the pitch.

Difficult to know with Stryjek sometimes TBH. Was that the game where Holt got sent off and we missed a penalty?

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

It's a shame that this has just become a place where Rankine and Hogarth's lackies can just spout nonsense, make as many new accounts as they want and pretend there's even a group of Livi fans that think either Rankine or Hogarth are the answer.  Pure disruption and creating unrest at a time where the club needs fans to pull together. 

This Livi space in the forum used to be good, but this has been a 6+ month campaign of utter nonsense at this point. The one thing it's solidified in me is that if Rankine or Hogarth are in control of the club, I won't be back until they're gone. Zero interest in further lining the pockets of individuals who've already taken money out of the club. That decision has been partly down to the now 5+ fresh accounts made by the same shill. 

What a load of Tosh. 5 accounts Where did you make that up from? 

I also object to being described as Rankine or Hogarths lackie Just because you have a different opinion to others you're all of a sudden associated with someone else.

Meanwhile you are prepared to fund £500k* worth of legal costs rather than funding better players?

My oh my.

*Source - David Martindale interview

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

spout nonsense

Lol ok. 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Rankine or Hogarth are the answer.

No one has said this nor has it been implied. 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Zero interest in further lining the pockets of individuals who've already taken money out of the club

Up till now all you’ve done is add to a war chest that’s for funding fruitless legal battles

I asked JW about VAR mostly; the costs and such, how they came to the decision. Nothing ground breaking but I have always found him very approachable and, as far as I can tell, open and honest. He’s mingled around all the tables in hospitality every time I’ve been, hardly hiding away.

I used to be Facebook friends with Hogarth too but he deleted his profile and/or blocked me around the same time he left the club. I also found him very friendly when I met him and his wife. 

I’ve not really thought anyone on here is actively supporting Hogarth or Rankine, but they both have checkered pasts. Perhaps Hogarth is still paying this debt off https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=c02e28a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

Everyone looking forward to the Livi for Life AGM? I note this meeting is exclusive to members and is being held at another location away from the football club on a Sunday afternoon. 

21 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

I’ve not really thought anyone on here is actively supporting Hogarth or Rankine, but they both have checkered pasts. 

Funny how people turn a blind eye to Martindale’s past and think very little of the mcilvogue ‘takeover’.

Open secret that the convicted drug dealer is running the place. 

2 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Funny how people turn a blind eye to Martindale’s past and think very little of the mcilvogue ‘takeover’.

Open secret that the convicted drug dealer is running the place. 

What do you think Martindale’s intentions are?

What has he done wrong off the field, in your opinion, recently?