Livingston - all the threads merged

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I know we've been playing in the Premiership the last 6 seasons and Falkirk have been in League one for 5 of those, but it's like you're stuck in a time loop from 20 years ago the patter you've come out with on here the last few days. 

Ah well here’s me thinking it was a reasonable question. Guess you have either confirmed your adolescent status or just refusing to own your big team, which is likely to be one of the old firm persuasion. Liviforever is an oxymoron of a name right enough given your “team” didn’t exist 20 years ago 🤔

29 years ago to be precise.Knowing LIVIFOREVER i suspect he'll be delighted on your presumption that he's an adolescent.Maybe 40 odd years ago,sorry L/F couldn't resist.Youl find most mature Livi fans will have had an allegiance to another team.Not any more I can assure you.Weve been Livi for nearly 30 years and will continue to be so,despite the sniping from others.🦁.

Regardless of what you think of the Motherwell investment proposal it is refreshing to see the level of update in terms of information coming from the Motherwell board

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2024/06/19/investment-update-2/

We at Livingston could only dream of this level of update from our current board it always seems like cloak and daggers and someone else's fault or a closed door meeting with pre submitted questions 

Edited by Livi

9 minutes ago, Livi said:

Regardless of what you think of the Motherwell investment proposal it is refreshing to see the level of update in terms of information coming from the Motherwell board

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2024/06/19/investment-update-2/

We at Livingston could only dream of this level of update from our current board its always cloak and daggers and someone else's fault or a closed door meeting with pre submitted questions 

🤣🤣🤣

On 19/06/2024 at 10:22, Troy.1995 said:

29 years ago to be precise.Knowing LIVIFOREVER i suspect he'll be delighted on your presumption that he's an adolescent.Maybe 40 odd years ago,sorry L/F couldn't resist.Youl find most mature Livi fans will have had an allegiance to another team.Not any more I can assure you.Weve been Livi for nearly 30 years and will continue to be so,despite the sniping from others.🦁.

Ah well…….must have had a big team in his 40s prior to defecting to Meadowbank surely?

Wonder what info the gullible Livi fans swallowed last night?

Only view that matters is that of Lord Braid which is not likely until  2025 at the earliest.

Fed up saying 2 sides to every ownership battle last night was only one side.

Just now, Livi said:

Wonder what info the gullible Livi fans swallowed last night?

Only view that matters is that of Lord Braid which is not likely until  2025 at the earliest.

Fed up saying 2 sides to every ownership battle last night was only one side.

YARN | Why, Betty? Why kick this hornet's nest? | Riverdale (2017 ...

Ding ding round 2.

Just now, Livi said:

I only had a bite to state the obvious.

Changed days from when you used to ignore my posts 😂😂 

Doesn't really help anyone though does it, having us all sniping at one another. 

Two sides to every ownership battle, but you seem to have picked yours, and made your mind up which one is right. Would be good getting both sides out in the open so we could make our minds up which one is the more likely to be right, but as you say, the court case will decide it, but it wont be till December, and maybe even longer if it goes to another court hearing.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Doesn't really help anyone though does it, having us all sniping at one another. 

Two sides to every ownership battle, but you seem to have picked yours, and made your mind up which one is right. Would be good getting both sides out in the open so we could make our minds up which one is the more likely to be right, but as you say, the court case will decide it, but it wont be till December, and maybe even longer if it goes to another court hearing.

Of course it doesn't help. Livi fan never unite i think maybe due to our fanbase size its seems more obvious of the division than us uniting together. Its sad but true.

You can't keep on picking both sides of the ownership battle forever. I have no issues that it was ST event last night. That said anyone looking in with any sense would surely come to the conclusion that last nights "fans" forum was staged from the start. Surely thats not up for debate? 

The new Trust regime could easily provide and facilitate an open meeting where all sides can have a forum to put their side over and be respectfully questioned by the membership. I am surprised that was not the first meeting to be help. Beyond that type of open meeting the current club officials are free to hold any event they wish to do so.

From your post it would seem you have also picked a side which you're entitled to do. I am an adult and heard enough from both sides to come to my own judgement. I am big enough that if i hear more information / and see it then i may change that but for now I have seen enough to convince me that Ward and Martindale IMO are not the people to take Livingston forward.

24 minutes ago, Livi said:

Of course it doesn't help. Livi fan never unite i think maybe due to our fanbase size its seems more obvious of the division than us uniting together. Its sad but true.

You can't keep on picking both sides of the ownership battle forever. I have no issues that it was ST event last night. That said anyone looking in with any sense would surely come to the conclusion that last nights "fans" forum was staged from the start. Surely thats not up for debate? 

The new Trust regime could easily provide and facilitate an open meeting where all sides can have a forum to put their side over and be respectfully questioned by the membership. I am surprised that was not the first meeting to be help. Beyond that type of open meeting the current club officials are free to hold any event they wish to do so.

From your post it would seem you have also picked a side which you're entitled to do. I am an adult and heard enough from both sides to come to my own judgement. I am big enough that if i hear more information / and see it then i may change that but for now I have seen enough to convince me that Ward and Martindale IMO are not the people to take Livingston forward.

Think that would end up worse than the discussions on here.😂

This ownership battle is like the general elections, whoever wins, it's the same old pish.

Short term i'm more going with what causes the least damage for our current season, as neither side are exactly great. Longer term I'd prefer the club being sold to a new owner who has ties to neither side, as i don't trust any of them, and this debacle has blame on both sides, for it being allowed to get to where it has.

Ward was trying to get the club sold but with these ownership/shares issues nobody in their right mind would touch us, haven't a clue what Rankine and Hogarth plan going forward.

On the footballing side of things, the way we are just now with parachute payments and European money we have a decent chance of going for promotion, but there are question marks over Martindale now, and if it'll be different from last season, squad wise it looks like decent signings, and the core group we've kept (Nottingham aside). So i'm just holding my judgement for a look at the team to see how we're set up.

Talking of which, doesn't time fly, first look at the team tomorrow, in our pre season game against Alloa.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I was at the forum last night and Ward suggested the ownership could be settled this month. Looked like forum was recorded and minutes/notes taken so I'm not gonna try and reproduce the very long winded but detailed account he gave of his / the clubs view on the ownership. 

From what I understand from him there is a judgment/court date before the end of the month which decides who owns oppco if that goes in the clubs favour then we move on but if not then there will be another case disputing the sale of the club. 

Not sure how you can say the forum was staged. Questions were sent in and asked on the night which answers were given to. What more do you want. It was a fans forum not an open meeting about the ownership. 

Given the other side seem reluctant to give their side I can't make a good judgement on it all but the forum was informative and a step in the right direction.

5 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

I was at the forum last night and Ward suggested the ownership could be settled this month. Looked like forum was recorded and minutes/notes taken so I'm not gonna try and reproduce the very long winded but detailed account he gave of his / the clubs view on the ownership. 

From what I understand from him there is a judgment/court date before the end of the month which decides who owns oppco if that goes in the clubs favour then we move on but if not then there will be another case disputing the sale of the club. 

Not sure how you can say the forum was staged. Questions were sent in and asked on the night which answers were given to. What more do you want. It was a fans forum not an open meeting about the ownership. 

Given the other side seem reluctant to give their side I can't make a good judgement on it all but the forum was informative and a step in the right direction.

Surely if they lose that judgement they have no case for ownership to sell the club. Pretty much hinges on who has Robert Wilson's shares.  

22 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Ward was trying to get the club sold but with these ownership/shares issues nobody in their right mind would touch us, haven't a clue what Rankine and Hogarth plan going forward.

I think that para is the crux of the issue.

It wasn't Wards club to sell. He is not a shareholder of Oppco6 neither is Martindale. 

I am not sure any shareholder would allow someone like Ward to dispose of their investment without an agreement in place.

Ward or Martindale do not own Livi FC so what gives them the right to sell it 🤷‍♂️ 

26 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Oh come one.

The first ever "fans" forum where you had to register and send questions in advance to the club masters. 

Only people that know if all the questions were answered are the club officials.