Livingston - all the threads merged

On 17/06/2024 at 17:15, ATLIS said:

Andy Winter training with the club with a view to signing. Just seems like Rice using the Hamilton connection but overall to me is a bit underwhelming.

I thought he did okay yesterday; better than Muirhead to be honest; but its early days.

2 hours ago, Basil the Rat said:

I thought he did okay yesterday; better than Muirhead to be honest; but its early days.

Thought No12 (Muirhead) was a winger but wouldn't take anyone on or even do quick 1-2's and make runs, just passed whenever anyone challenged him, usually back the way, we were much better when Brandon went down the right, or Lawal drifted over and made runs down the wing. Just looked out of his depth and a bit lost. Hopefully needing a settling in period getting to know his team mates and he'll improve.

Yeah can't take much from these friendlies right enough, obv Montano wont be playing as a CB (well i say obv, after last season nothing surprises me where we play players), and players getting back up to speed match fitness wise. Quite a few of our new signing weren't playing too, and will prob be getting games in other friendlies. The competitive group stages will be better to see what they can do, but even then, they're a bit like warming up games for the league starting. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Martindale saying that Yengi and George are likely to play Tuesday along with a possibility of Sole and Korboa. Yengi going to be the new #9. 

Centre back from Brighton likely to play Tuesday. He's in for a striker and possibly wanting another centre back. Other trialist likely to play Tuesday as well. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

On 24/06/2023 at 10:56, Menga Bus said:

We pretty much had first dibs on Paton and gave him the most pathetic contract offer possible, a laughable offer, so I’m glad the funds that could’ve been used to get him are going towards top quality forwards like Guthrie and isma.

You did have 1st dibs on Ruari Paton. He spent 2.5 hours at the club then....you are quite correct ...the most pathetic low ball offer was made . 

I’m still upset about our relegation and I don’t usually bother until the league games, but I managed to get along on Saturday. We were fine. I liked the goalkeeper but it’s hard to take anything from games like this when they’ve only been back training for a week.

10 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

I’m still upset about our relegation and I don’t usually bother until the league games, but I managed to get along on Saturday. We were fine. I liked the goalkeeper but it’s hard to take anything from games like this when they’ve only been back training for a week.

We're in the height of a club ownership battle (again 🙄) and its frighting how quite a few fans feel optimistic about the future by only hearing one side there are always many sides to every story or battle

IMO last season was a car crash in terms of football and very little governance on and off the park i am sure Martindale will be a hero manager shortly 😂

Livi still has a long road to absolute safety on and off the pitch imo

The Trust pushed for the club forum and rightly so. They should now be pushing for a full trust members meeting so all members can hear both sides they are best placed to facilitate such a session in a respectful manner

As an aside i see this season the club not using the official club badge on SM updates. Our badge is our club identity before everyone jumps on this comment 

1 hour ago, Livi said:

We're in the height of a club ownership battle (again 🙄) and its frighting how quite a few fans feel optimistic about the future by only hearing one side there are always many sides to every story or battle

IMO last season was a car crash in terms of football and very little governance on and off the park i am sure Martindale will be a hero manager shortly 😂

The Trust pushed for the club forum and rightly so. They should now be pushing for a full trust members meeting so all members can hear both sides they are best placed to facilitate such a session in a respectful manner

As an aside i see this season the club not using the official club badge on SM updates. Our badge is our club identity before everyone jumps on this comment 

Big game tonight.Local Derby v Broxburn Athletic.Scotlands match of the day.🤣👍🦁.Lol.

2 hours ago, Livi said:

Rest assured, I’m not optimistic and I will be pleased to see the back of this court actions. I agree we have only heard one side of the story and hope the Trust will share this with their members, as well as the side of the story they have heard from Neil Hogarth.

2 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Rest assured, I’m not optimistic and I will be pleased to see the back of this court actions. I agree we have only heard one side of the story and hope the Trust will share this with their members, as well as the side of the story they have heard from Neil Hogarth.

Sorry my post was not saying you were optimistic more seeing post on the various platforms after last weeks meeting and seeing people post that they were more optimistic

Yes, i have seen logos and memberships updates from the Trust but not seen any updates even via email on what discussions they have had since coming into office even the basic fact of who they have spoken to. I was aware they spent time with NH prior to the fans forum. It's time the fans get to hear both sides to make an informed judgement. The trust can't play the 'person in the middle' forever they need to provide their membership with timely updates in a matter that everyone is sick off otherwise in the void things will just be made up of what people think they are hearing. Most of i am sure all of its membership just wants leadership.

As an aside whatever side of things you are on at Motherwell investment as a fan the Well Society have shown leadership it has even cost some members of their board their positions on the board but they have made a stance of the proposed investment in the club. 

1 hour ago, Livi said:

Sorry my post was not saying you were optimistic more seeing post on the various platforms after last weeks meeting and seeing people post that they were more optimistic

Yes, i have seen logos and memberships updates from the Trust but not seen any updates even via email on what discussions they have had since coming into office even the basic fact of who they have spoken to. I was aware they spent time with NH prior to the fans forum. It's time the fans get to hear both sides to make an informed judgement. The trust can't play the 'person in the middle' forever they need to provide their membership with timely updates in a matter that everyone is sick off otherwise in the void things will just be made up of what people think they are hearing. Most of i am sure all of its membership just wants leadership.

As an aside whatever side of things you are on at Motherwell investment as a fan the Well Society have shown leadership it has even cost some members of their board their positions on the board but they have made a stance of the proposed investment in the club. 

Is that right, you've never mentioned it.

3 minutes ago, Reid said:

We’ve signed Dan McKay. How was he last season? He’s looked good in this league preciously.

He looked good at the start of last season, then picked up a fairly long injury. By the time he returned we were pretty much relegated so it was hard to judge his form.

Overall he was fine, he gave the team a good amount of pace when picked however lacked an end product.

9 minutes ago, Reid said:

We’ve signed Dan McKay. How was he last season? He’s looked good in this league preciously.

As already replied, we didn’t really see enough of him to make a strong judgement. I liked what we did see though and imagine this could be a very good signing for you.

Edited by Snooky

11 minutes ago, Reid said:

Excellent signing. Can play as a winger and crosses well but probably even more effective as a wide forward, arriving in the box to score. Has real cutting edge. One of the few bright spots for us last season.

10 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

He looked good at the start of last season, then picked up a fairly long injury. By the time he returned we were pretty much relegated so it was hard to judge his form.

Overall he was fine, he gave the team a good amount of pace when picked however lacked an end product.

Just read this after commenting myself. Funny, I thought the opposite, that he was our most likely attacker to make a telling cross or finish a chance. Anyway, irrelevant now. I'm looking forward to what Korboa, Sole and Smith can do us for us this season.

36 minutes ago, Reid said:

Genuinely, a very very good signing. I thought he would've went to a St Johnstone or Ross County

1 hour ago, Reid said:

Classic example of someone who played 30 games for us who people will say “he never had a chance”. He was good in a few games, but didn’t really do enough to get in the team.. which was shit and got relegated.

2 hours ago, Reid said:

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Genuinely, a very very good signing. I thought he would've went to a St Johnstone or Ross County

Yeah we were meant to have an option on signing him at the end of the season, but i thought it was because we were relegated that it wasn't going to happen, and he'd sign for a Premiership team. Bit bewildered we didn't sign him when he's gone to another Championship club. Esp as we're meant to be using wingers and playing with pace, which is exactly what MacKay gives you. 

1 hour ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Classic example of someone who played 30 games for us who people will say “he never had a chance”. He was good in a few games, but didn’t really do enough to get in the team.. which was shit and got relegated.

Absolute Bollocks.

Firstly, didn't play 30 games.

And he was pretty much our best player in every game he played in.

Was a star in an absolute pile of steaming manure last season.