Livingston - all the threads merged

5 hours ago, Durnford said:

Think you'll be seeing a number of us returning now the Euros are effectively over (for us anyway).

The woman's team are part time employees aren't they?Β  I suspect the same goes for the coaching team although I think you're correct about the academy being staffed by volunteers.

Looking at the club website there is a team of 26 plus back office roles listed. Only 1 have volunteer next to them so assume 25 ish back office which leaves 52 roles.

Β 

Β 

Heard for years clubs run on a shoe string its not coming across like that given the amount of back office staff and volunteers that also help on match days.

Β 
Β 

Β 

taking 77 staff at an average salary of Β£30k (plus 20% on costs Tax, NI etc) = Β£36,000 x 77 staff = Β£2,772,000 average cost of salaries thats a big cost. We've heard the playing budget in previous years has hovered around Β£1.2/Β£1.3m. So either the playing budget is more or the back office is just as much as the playing budget πŸ€”

Edited by Livi

Β 

On 26/06/2024 at 16:13, Durnford said:

Totally off topic I must say I'm absolutely astounded by the deal that Obileye has secured in China. He was apparently on around Β£60k with us;Β  the club in China has secure his contract for Β£1.5 million per year. At first I thought it was a wind-up but its now been verified.Β 

How on earth does that make any sense? Crazy money for below average defender.

I know its been happening all over Saudi but PRC?

Β 

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Nouble's team are second bottom as well, that's a baffling move. Must be paying him a huge wage

Β 

Simply put Yes.

Edited by Durnford

7 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Kit reveal this morning at 9am, from the teaser it looks a bit like our 2000/01 league winning kit.

Β 

image.png.7fe93088c4a87b853a780d3ddb6e89da.png

image.png.ed2605204933a43d9e818cac043dfa40.png

Lets hope so πŸ™

Β 

I hope they have not changed the club badge like the Head of Graphics has on SM posts πŸ₯΄

Edited by Livi

21 minutes ago, Snooky said:

Pretty tough watch at Ainslie Park this afternoon. We really didn’t create many chances!

Its all about getting the minutes into the legs πŸ˜€πŸ™„πŸ₯΄Β 

Trying not to be too downhearted. Pre season friendlies are notorious to call.But momentum is important when the real stuff starts.There all about getting up to speed and with so many new players getting time to gel ,I'm sure we'll be ready.πŸ¦πŸ‘.On the plus side,deflects attention from the offield pish🀣.