Livingston - all the threads merged

7 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Again, he really only had 19 chances.

13 subs were 80+mins into games. 

Don't think you can impress much in less than 10 mins as a centre half.

So how many top flight starts do you think a player needs before the manager can make a decision?

17 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

There (goes) our boy 🇿🇦

No doubt there will still be some on here saying this loan is an important step in gaining his work permit, and we haven’t wasted a load of money on him because of excuses 1734 and 1735.

2 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

No doubt there will still be some on here saying this loan is an important step in gaining his work permit

Wouldn't doubt it either tbh, partly down to it being a pretty sensible thing to say

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

No doubt there will still be some on here saying this loan is an important step in gaining his work permit, and we haven’t wasted a load of money on him because of excuses 1734 and 1735.

Spot on.

For a club that lost almost £500k last year this doesn't feel like a well thought through signing given all the challenges the club has encountered with it. Lets hope they are paying 100% of salary costs

Losses still have to be paid from somewhere within the club

Edited by Livi

1 minute ago, Livi said:

Spot on.

For a club that lost almost £500k last year this doesn't feel like a well thought through signing given all the challenges the club has encountered with it. Lets hope they are paying 100% of salary costs

Any club loaning him has got us over a barrel, I highly doubt they’re paying all of his wages

46 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Wouldn't doubt it either tbh, partly down to it being a pretty sensible thing to say

Yes the South African league is exactly what I think of when I hear “internationally established at the highest level”

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Any club loaning him has got us over a barrel, I highly doubt they’re paying all of his wages

Scandalous if they aren't paying 100% for him especially when Livi are struggling to balance the books 

Edited by Livi

On 05/07/2024 at 20:49, Livi said:

Without being a party pooper i really hope the club can afford these players. With a near 500k loss last year.

This year will see much reduced crowds and hospitality income.

losses still need to be paid for some how its not free money. 

1 hour ago, Livi said:

Spot on.

58 minutes ago, Livi said:

Scandalous if they aren't paying 100% for him especially when Livi are struggling to balance the books 

image.png.a1ff1474171b4130418105b12740e2b6.png

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

image.png.a1ff1474171b4130418105b12740e2b6.png

You may want to turn a blind eye to the club finance's and then gripe about it later when it may be to late

Edited by Livi

1 hour ago, Livi said:

You may want to turn a blind eye to the club finance's and then gripe about it later when it may be to late

There's a difference between turning a blind eye and not wanting to hear about it 24/7.

1 hour ago, Livi said:

Nothing any of us can do about it either way, including you, moaning about every signing we make isn't going to change anything anyway. 

While we're waiting on the Court case deciding who owns what, i'm choosing to enjoy myself watching the football (or at least going to the games and having a good pre match build up), and looking forward to the new season, with new signings coming in and the group stages starting next weekend. 

3 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Yes the South African league is exactly what I think of when I hear “internationally established at the highest level”

Don't think they're only approving work permits for players who have been playing in the Champions League. We got Samson Lawal's work permit when he'd been playing in the Nigerian league, thanks to his youth caps. Teto getting game time in SA would help his case for getting caps, whether it's U23 or if we're very lucky the full squad, which in turn goes in his favour for a permit. I'm not sure why that's such a controversial thought?

10 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Nothing any of us can do about it either way, including you, moaning about every signing we make isn't going to change anything anyway. 

What a daft thing to say. 

Where have i moaned about every signing? You like to make things up at times. 

I have asked the question about  affordability. Yip some on here don't want to hear that kind of chat.

🙄

Correct me if I'm wrong but from the fans forum my understanding was that Teto HAS a work permit but lacks a GBE from the SFA meaning he's allowed to work in the country just not allowed to play football. The only way I see him getting the GBE is through international caps of any kind. 

Just now, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but from the fans forum my understanding was that Teto HAS a work permit but lacks a GBE from the SFA meaning he's allowed to work in the country just not allowed to play football. The only way I see him getting the GBE is through international caps of any kind. 

I am assuming he's worth £m's with how complicated this signing has been and the money spent so far with little or no return? 

2 hours ago, Livi said:

I am assuming he's worth £m's with how complicated this signing has been and the money spent so far with little or no return? 

The whole Teto scenario is a complete farce.Hurts me to say it but I feel the club has inadvertently scored an OG here,regardless of how assumingly good he is.🤷‍♂️🙈.

29 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

The whole Teto scenario is a complete farce.Hurts me to say it but I feel the club has inadvertently scored an OG here,regardless of how assumingly good he is.🤷‍♂️🙈.

Honestly don't think we'll ever see him play for us, a disappointing loan spell this season and his contract being terminated.

Alternatively, he becomes the greatest player of all time but we have a clause in his contract that lets him sign somewhere else for nothing.

No possible in between.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Livi said:

What a daft thing to say. 

Where have i moaned about every signing? You like to make things up at times. 

I have asked the question about  affordability. Yip some on here don't want to hear that kind of chat.

🙄

Maybe just seems that way then, with the constant posts about overspend from last season, then questioning affording players wages. We have no idea what wages they're on, or even the budget for wages.

There'll be money available from the parachute payment and European money from us being in the Premiership, but we're not the ones running the club, making decisions on budgets. After the the day to day running costs, staff wages, you'll have the decision on reducing debt v having a competitive team*, none of us knows the exact details, and until the court decides on the share issues Ward is making those decisions.

We're all aware of the current debt the club has, constantly mentioning it wont make us any more aware. 

*This season will be our best shot at promotion, with the parachute payment etc, next season we'll have less money coming in and a greatly reduced playing budget, should we tighten things right up this season and put everything on reducing debt, or have a competitive team with a chance of promotion, there are pros and cons for both.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

43 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

It was unchartered territory for us, after Brexit made it more difficult to sign foreign players. This is prob our last shot, getting him an International cap seems the only way it can happen.