Livingston - all the threads merged

On that note, I'm slightly anxious about our wide attackers. Not because they haven't looked promising so far, they have. More just that they're still unknown quantities and wide attack is so key, especially when our centre forward thrives on crosses. Four options in Sole, Muirhead, Smith and Korboa so hopefully at least two of them can turn out well for us. Maybe Shinnie a possibility too.

22 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

What was Dylan Bahamboula like for you? We seem to have a mystery trialist and that's been the best guess so far.

Skilful but too slow for the Scottish game.

Seen I had a Trust email arrive and got excited for all of 10 seconds.

So they have proved they can communicate on fun days lets see if they can communicate on the real issues 😄 

High ✋

13 hours ago, Livi said:

Seen I had a Trust email arrive and got excited for all of 10 seconds.

So they have proved they can communicate on fun days lets see if they can communicate on the real issues 😄 

High ✋

Don has handed over the password for the email account then lol

6 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Don has handed over the password for the email account then lol

They started there hand over on 23rd May since then we've had

✅ New Logo

✅ New Membership fees

✅ A fun day email

✅ Confirmation of the clubs closed door fans forum

✅Confirmation of having the detailed club accounts with acknowledgement of the fans concerns

❌ No update on Trust board plans

❌ No planned meeting or formal updates from the Trust.

❌ No update on the meeting they've held with the club or with Hogarth

I accept i may be in the minority here. Before the excuses pile in i appreciate it a voluntary task being on the Board but if you put yourself forward you know the expectation that is required and the work needed and given previous history with the Trust the new board were always going to have to pedal a little harder in the beginning

High ✋

Edited by Livi

45 minutes ago, Livi said:

They started there hand over on 23rd May since then we've had

✅ New Logo

✅ New Membership fees

✅ A fun day email

✅ Confirmation of anclub closed doors fans forum

✅Confirmation of having the details club accounts with acknowledgement of fans concerns

❌ No update on Trust board plans

❌ No planned meeting or formal updates from the Trust.

❌ No update on the meeting they've held with the club or with Hogarth

I accept i may be in the minority here. Before the excuses pile in i appreciate it a voluntary task being on the Board but if you put yourself forward you know the expectation that is required and the work needed and given previous history with the Trust the new board were always going to have to pedal a little harder in the beginning

High ✋

Are you involved in the trust? If you are not then why don't you offer your services as you certainly come across as having a fair amount of free time to spare. I'm sure if you put in as much effort as you do rambling about the trust and club finances you could get a lot of your wishlist completed. 

28 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Are you involved in the trust? If you are not then why don't you offer your services as you certainly come across as having a fair amount of free time to spare. I'm sure if you put in as much effort as you do rambling about the trust and club finances you could get a lot of your wishlist completed. 

I haven't but thanks for the advice.  I've volunteered in other areas and it's a tough gig at times.  That said what motivated me was going that extra mile. 

Do you disagree with my summary or just wanting to have a go at me? 

30 minutes ago, Livi said:

I haven't but thanks for the advice.  I've volunteered in other areas and it's a tough gig at times.  That said what motivated me was going that extra mile. 

Do you disagree with my summary or just wanting to have a go at me? 

Bit of both tbh. Is there things the trust needs to do / get on top of? Yes. Is it as straightforward as you put it? Probably not. 

I know absolutely nothing of the trust but it appears one man had total control so now with the new board there is a lot to do and it will take time. How much time do we give them? That I don't have an answer for but given how poor they have been the signs from them at the moment can only be viewed as positive steps in the right direction. 

20 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Bit of both tbh. Is there things the trust needs to do / get on top of? Yes. Is it as straightforward as you put it? Probably not. 

I know absolutely nothing of the trust but it appears one man had total control so now with the new board there is a lot to do and it will take time. How much time do we give them? That I don't have an answer for but given how poor they have been the signs from them at the moment can only be viewed as positive steps in the right direction. 

Sounds to me on the face of it that you agree with me but really want to sit on the fence? 

You will see in my post there are ✅ as well as ❌ so it wasn't all negative.

They are heading towards 3 months in office.  Remember why there was a big push to get a re-energised Trust Board given the ownership and court cases Livi FC are currently involved in.

When we boil it down we are probably at the same place

High ✋

Edited by Livi

The club doing an open training session with fans getting selfies with the players was good, so is the Trust doing this fun day pre Pars match, helping to engage the young fans with our players and getting them down pre match for a fun event. We used to do an open day in pre season where the stadium was open to the fans to meet players, staff and have events organised to keep the kids entertained, so these two events more or less cover that too. Always thought we should be doing this sort of thing again pre season to try and sell more tickets and engage with the community a bit more.

I mentioned it at the fans Forum. Regardless of the continuous innuendo on this Forum,theve listened.Well done to them.Were a patient lot and if it takes a wee bit longer to get things right,then so be it.I applaud them,when others take a back seat.They came forward when needed,despite the rhetoric on here.👏🦁🤐.

Martindale gave an update on Donnellan. "8 weeks minimum" but the player is "6 - 7 months behind". My guess is he'll possibly return in some form later this calendar year but he's probably going to be a second half of the season player. He'll perhaps not achieve full fitness until January. As a centre back or right back, those are well-stocked positions in the squad now so his absence until then shouldn't be a problem. 

28 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Martindale gave an update on Donnellan. "8 weeks minimum" but the player is "6 - 7 months behind". My guess is he'll possibly return in some form later this calendar year but he's probably going to be a second half of the season player. He'll perhaps not achieve full fitness until January. As a centre back or right back, those are well-stocked positions in the squad now so his absence until then shouldn't be a problem. 

People have a go at our pitch but that Firhill one where Donnellan was injured was a disgrace. Still seething, I could see an injury coming from a mile away, even before kick off. 

1 hour ago, Troy.1995 said:

I mentioned it at the fans Forum. Regardless of the continuous innuendo on this Forum,theve listened.Well done to them.Were a patient lot and if it takes a wee bit longer to get things right,then so be it.I applaud them,when others take a back seat.They came forward when needed,despite the rhetoric on here.👏🦁🤐.

No innuendo you just shove out any old rhetoric at times to suit your own tune

The fact of the matter is the club is still involved in ownership issues and court cases thats not changed. It's not changed that the ownership issues should not be getting paid for by Livi FC. Fact the club lost almost £500k last year

Seriously have you read last few years accounts or have someone explain them to you?

The reason the new Trust board was put in place was due to the facts above.  My post was an opinion rather than just diss it just think about it for a moment please

So no rhetoric mostly facts 👍

High ✋

Edited by Livi

Figured with the season starting properly tomorrow I'd point out that the last (and only) time we got knocked out in the LC group stages, we went on to win the league.

Roll on tomorrow, first game on our way to having the cigars out in March.

High ✋

7 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Figured with the season starting properly tomorrow I'd point out that the last (and only) time we got knocked out in the LC group stages, we went on to win the league.

High ✋

Prediction is a home win 👍✅

High ✋

1 minute ago, JD and associates said:

Don't know why my hand is so big, swear I don't have aggressive growth hormones ha ha ha 

I'll not take it personally ha ha 😂

High ✋

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

High ✋

Read on the predictions thread that Utd got beat with Spartans and knocked out at the group stage last season, before going on to win the league too. 

I love it when, A plan comes together - Hannibal A-Team - Meme Generator