Livingston - all the threads merged

RB has been a problem area for us for years, he couldn't be any worse than the players we've had playing there.

My thoughts exactly; its been thew weakest point in our defence. I appreciate lack of news can be frustrating but looking at the OS it seems its starting to leak through at last.

Edited by Durnford

If Taggs is played at right back he will be a good player for you guys. He's hopeless in the middle of the park though, not good enough for centre mid.

We've plenty midfielders and no right back so I'd hope he'd be played there.

We usually have to stick a CM or CB in as cover to RB at some point when our one and only RB gets injured.

RB has been a problem area for us for years, he couldn't be any worse than the players we've had playing there.

That's true. I need to start being more positive about the coming season.

Just saw this on the official site....

With manager John McGlynn currently enjoying a well-deserved family holiday, player movement at the Energy Assets Arena has temporarily slowed.

However I can confirm John has already signed a midfielder and striker to bolster his squad, and both will be officially unveiled once SPFL registration formalities are completed on 23 June.

With the transfer window now open, we've also had a bid for a new winger rejected, but our interest in this player continues.

Furthermore we are in negotiations with 5 other potential signings, and these will continue when John returns to the Stadium.

Robert Wilson

Director of Football

So Robertson will be one I don't know who the other could be. Anyone got an idea who it cold be?

Need to get a "Fortitier Omnia Vincit" chorus on the go in the DBM.

Interesting. According to Google translation (which may well be wrong) there's a word "fortiter" which translates as "bravely" but there is no such Latin word as "fortitier". So, the possibilities are...

1) Google has arsed up (not impossible)

2) Your suggested chant and the crappy flag posted earlier have both managed to spell your own motto incorrectly

3) Livingston FC has managed to have an official motto that they couldn't even spell accurately

Interesting. According to Google translation (which may well be wrong) there's a word "fortiter" which translates as "bravely" but there is no such Latin word as "fortitier". So, the possibilities are...

2) Your suggested chant and the crappy flag posted earlier have both managed to spell your own motto incorrectly

3) Livingston FC has managed to have an official motto that they couldn't even spell accurately

Seen both spellings used, hardly crappy flag. Edited by HoudaBetsy

That's true. I need to start being more positive about the coming season.

Just saw this on the official site....

With manager John McGlynn currently enjoying a well-deserved family holiday, player movement at the Energy Assets Arena has temporarily slowed.

However I can confirm John has already signed a midfielder and striker to bolster his squad, and both will be officially unveiled once SPFL registration formalities are completed on 23 June.

With the transfer window now open, we've also had a bid for a new winger rejected, but our interest in this player continues.

Furthermore we are in negotiations with 5 other potential signings, and these will continue when John returns to the Stadium.

Robert Wilson

Director of Football

So Robertson will be one I don't know who the other could be. Anyone got an idea who it cold be?

Ferguson is the only striker I know of that we're interested in but they're saying he's a winger so can't be him we've signed. So nope no idea.

Seen both spellings used, hardly crappy flag.

Err, the point isn't really whether you've seen both spellings used or not. It's whether you and/or your club are using a motto that doesn't actually mean anything (or, as is entirely possible, Google is wrong).

PS Your attempt to co-opt Meadowbank Thistle on your flag automatically makes it crap

Err, the point isn't really whether you've seen both spellings used or not. It's whether you and/or your club are using a motto that doesn't actually mean anything (or, as is entirely possible, Google is wrong).

PS Your attempt to co-opt Meadowbank Thistle on your flag automatically makes it crap

That's nice. Same club.

4) Nobody cares