Livingston - all the threads merged

All the signs point to Jason Talbot not having his contract renewed... Who's going to boot the f**k out of the opposition now for us? :(

2301e56b732f41685ce0cf111e4e8b21.jpg

:( But he was my favourite player to abuse for 90 minutes, him getting nutmegged and then beaten for pace by Colin Nish will live with me for ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a feeling this won't end well...

Given that these things are all filed online nowadays, I'd say you were right. I notice that, Rankine, Gemmel, Wilson and McDoog are no longer directors of Livi5, but that happened last August.

treeMiddleConnector.gif
AA 28/03/2015 30/06/14 TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL
treeMiddleConnector.gif
TM01 04/09/2014 APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, DIRECTOR NEIL RANKINE
treeMiddleConnector.gif
AR01 21/08/2014 27/07/14 FULL LIST
treeEndConnector.gif
LATEST SOC 21/08/2014 21/08/14 STATEMENT OF CAPITAL;GBP 100

treeMiddleConnector.gif
TM01 21/08/2014 APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, DIRECTOR ANDREW GEMMELL
treeMiddleConnector.gif
TM01 21/08/2014 APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, DIRECTOR GORDON MCDOUGALL
treeMiddleConnector.gif
TM01 10/04/2014 APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, DIRECTOR GERARD NIXON

Saw Rankine's statement. He says the only offer for his shares wasn't up to scratch, which I'm assuming was Ford's offer, and that he and the rest of the Livi 5 have given up their shares? Who actually owns shares then?

Really disheartened to see Ford's bid not come to anything. Sounded like he had a good plan in place, just feels like Rankine's shifted his shares on to some other lackey. And again, the Livi fans will do f**k all, apathy is high.

Yes.................................... no

..................... maybe.............

....................................................... dunno

......................................... what was the question?

Saw Rankine's statement. He says the only offer for his shares wasn't up to scratch, which I'm assuming was Ford's offer, and that he and the rest of the Livi 5 have given up their shares? Who actually owns shares then?

Really disheartened to see Ford's bid not come to anything. Sounded like he had a good plan in place, just feels like Rankine's shifted his shares on to some other lackey. And again, the Livi fans will do f**k all, apathy is high.

This is where Livi's problem is going to lie. There is going to have to be a clear trail of monies etc to show a real transaction for the shares. The "new" guys are gonna have to explain why they have bought a heavily indebted business and taken the debt on.

I mean who in their right mind is gonna spend a quid to instantly lose it and then discover that as well as losing their quid they owe another £1.50. (unless of course Rankine writes off his loans and if he doesn't will that mean retention of influence?)

Livi have previous and I don't think the suits will just rubber stamp anything where they are concerned.. A quick look would seem to show that these "new" guys will be lucky to sustain the level of losses that Livi have historically and regularly incurred. I reckon you'd need someone with a couple of million quid perhaps more to lose in the hope of doing what Livi have never done (99p in the pound) I don't see these guys with it.

Where is Rankine's statement?

Edited by AND180Y

Given that these things are all filed online nowadays, I'd say you were right.

Not quite true.

There is no requirement at all for a limited company to file anything when a shareholder sells their shares. Their annual return would have an updated shareholder list but they only file that annually not whenever it changes.

Queen of the South have about 1,000 shareholders. If we had to make a return every time one changed we would never get anything else done!

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Not quite true.

There is no requirement at all for a limited company to file anything when a shareholder sells their shares. Their annual return would have an updated shareholder list but they only file that annually not whenever it changes.

Queen of the South have about 1,000 shareholders. If we had to make a return every time one changed we would never get anything else done!

I think the caveat there should have been "ordinarily" there is no requirement. They will want documentary evidence as proof not the word of someone who has misled them before. Perhaps I should have been clearer in what I said.

The stamp duty form would be on record at HMRC as well. Perhaps this "sale" is the reason for them being late in submitting the annual return.

Still expect them to get a tough time from the suits.

McKenna & Walker signed for Berwick - any insight on em?

Should do an ok job for you, Walker wasn't really given a chance after DJ got the No1 shirt but looked ok from what I remember a couple of seasons ago. McKenna prob wasn't good enough for the Championship but should be fine at a lower level, did pretty well in his earlier games but wasn't consistent and dropped out of the team only getting the odd sub appearance.

I think the caveat there should have been "ordinarily" there is no requirement. They will want documentary evidence as proof not the word of someone who has misled them before. Perhaps I should have been clearer in what I said.

The stamp duty form would be on record at HMRC as well. Perhaps this "sale" is the reason for them being late in submitting the annual return.

Still expect them to get a tough time from the suits.

Yeah documentary evidence isnt the same as something being accessible to the public though. It was more the fact STV were implying this was unusual I was querying than anything you said. I also wasnt conscious the 2015 annual return was overdue. However as it will have the shareholding as at 30 April it wont show any change now anyway so thats a bit of a red herring.

HMRC would have a stamp duty form only if one was applicable (if he sold up for less than £1,000 there wouldnt be any stamp duty) but thats not accessible by the public either.

Should do an ok job for you, Walker wasn't really given a chance after DJ got the No1 shirt but looked ok from what I remember a couple of seasons ago. McKenna prob wasn't good enough for the Championship but should be fine at a lower level, did pretty well in his earlier games but wasn't consistent and dropped out of the team only getting the odd sub appearance.

You're supposed to be like "yes fantastic signings was our best two players last season you'll win the league bla bla bla" ....