Livingston - all the threads merged

Thats not really correct is it. LFC (Massone) started the crisis by breaching SFL rules on insolvency. The punishment was to put the club into division 3 which allowed them the chance to sufvive rather than throwing you straight out of the league as they could, and judging by subsequent events maybe should have done.

That the club then had to honour its existing contracts is your own problem and could be construed as part of the punishment. I'm sure it was probably discussed as part of the decision making process.

You need to get your head out of the sand as do the current owners. Seems as soon as someone takes over at Livi they think debts don't have to be repaid. Wouldn't surprise me if Gordon Brown is the next chairman.

Yes it was correct, however what you've just written is total bollocks.

Given that my club have worked extremely hard over the last 7 years to reduce the debt to almost nothing, I think I'll sleep easy on that front.

Deflecting the issues of your own club by making assumptions about other clubs isn't doing anyone any favours. But you carry on, Justin.

I'm not defending our board, but the budget has been cut again this year, what more can they do. Whereas dumbos is spiralling each year - it's valid point. And that is not speculation on my part.

So the dispute here is between McDougall the seller and Ford the buyer. They've tried to sort it out between them and haven't been able to, so McDougall ran to the Press. Ford is a Livi Fan who bought the club and used to be a schoolteacher and the new chairman is someone who has experience at the board level of Livingston (so far sounds the same to me)

Overall aim is to have a club that is run debt-free and pay the bills on time. The new owner has said that he wants Livingston to be making headlines on the back pages and not the front pages of the newspaper.

There is no difference here. McDougall left Cowdenbeath and sued them for consultancy money after he left the club. The money was paid and after a lot of pain (and Cowdenbeath were almost on their knees) the club is now debt-free and hats off to them.

On to Livi, we have a new owner coming in, McDougall is out the door, is owed money and is unable to agree something with the new owner and has taken it to the press. The new owner has made 2 offers to McDougall on the repayment and there is no agreement.

I as much as any Livi fan would love to see us debt-free and each new owner that comes in promises this to us, I'm hoping that this one delivers.

You've made some pretty well structured points in this thread over the last 24 hours but I'll stay clear of the Cowdenbeath tit-for-tat. The part I've emboldened however...wasn't it the case that an agreement had been reached and now the new owner(s) are reneging on that agreement to make more funds available for strengthening of the playing squad. Regardless of the new owners making McDougall two new offers for repayment I still think he's well within his rights to be upset about it, especially if both alternative offers simply aren't suitable to him or his family, even more so as the funds are being made public knowledge as available, yet the club are deciding to use them (his money) for a different purpose (team strengthening).

Sorry to be off topic but are both sets of supporters being housed in the main stand for the challenge/league cup v clyde

PS btw we are debt free 8)

I would expect so, nothing has been announced though.

It did take a CVA and years of debt, before you were debt free and congrats on that.

I'm not defending our board, but the budget has been cut again this year, what more can they do. Whereas dumbos is spiralling each year - it's valid point. And that is not speculation on my part.

:lol: Sheer jealous seethe from yon Justin.

Is it because a wee part-time mob have finished above you for the last 2 seasons? Despite you having a much bigger budget and being full-time?

You've made some pretty well structured points in this thread over the last 24 hours but I'll stay clear of the Cowdenbeath tit-for-tat. The part I've emboldened however...wasn't it the case that an agreement had been reached and now the new owner(s) are reneging on that agreement to make more funds available for strengthening of the playing squad. Regardless of the new owners making McDougall two new offers for repayment I still think he's well within his rights to be upset about it, especially if both alternative offers simply aren't suitable to him or his family, even more so as the funds are being made public knowledge as available, yet the club are deciding to use them (his money) for a different purpose (team strengthening).

The original agreement was between McDougall and Livingston FC of which he was the chairman of at the time and was in charge of the overall running of the club (its stated that the agreement was made about 6 months ago with Rankine).

The question to Mr McDougall would be why he failed to pay himself the money as the Chairman of Livingston FC. Surely you would look after your own repaynment first?

It seems strange that he's complaining about missed payments from the club which he was running at the time the missed payments were made.

There is communication there and I hope it is resolved quickly and as club we can get back to football rather than all this off-the-field nonsense.

The Greeks would probably be more financially prudent than some of Livi's owners over the last 20 years.

We'd probably be in a better state if the Greeks were running us instead of some of the shady owners we've had in the past.

Panathinaiklivi FC

You're not a "growing club" at all. You were "growing" more than a decade ago based on money you didn't have - no Livingston board has managed to deliver any growth in the fanbase or revenue without having to spend money they don't have to do so. Removing the debt changes nothing as you'll pile it back on again.

I never said we were a growing club. We are a declining club at the moment, our fanbase has declined steadily over the last few years.

What I was saying was that if the new owner can keep us off the front pages and get us back financially, then he can have a chance to grow the club and a growing club would be a good thing for the area.

If the new owner turns out to be a "Walter Mitty", then I think this would be our death knell and the loyal few that are still there would leave (probably including myself)

The guys that bought it do, semantics, you'll be saying Sevco are the same club next.

Well, it's not semantics though, is it? Dumbarton Football Club didn't buy Dumbarton Football Club from Neil Rankine. Brabco bought Rankine's shares in Dumbarton Football Club. If they still owe Neil Rankine for those shares then it's up to Rankine to chase them for it. The club are not in debt to Rankine and if Rankine was to take anyone to court over the remaining £200K it would be Brabco.

It'd be a valid point if it were true. Your new man at the helm has said he will spend on the pitch but your telling me he's cutting the budget, so which is it? Please also kindly list Dumbarton's spiralling budgetary figures for the last 5 years.

More deflections in here than a Sunday league goalmouth scramble.

I never said we were a growing club. We are a declining club at the moment, our fanbase has declined steadily over the last few years.

What I was saying was that if the new owner can keep us off the front pages and get us back financially, then he can have a chance to grow the club and a growing club would be a good thing for the area.

This is incorrect. There is no capacity for Livingston to grow, other than chucking more money you can't afford on the playing squad - which rules out financial stability. That's why every single one of your owners has, at some point or other, resorted to the same overspending in a desperate bid to drum up any sort of interest in your club from the wider town and region.

It's even less likely to succeed now than at any other time in the past.

If the new owner turns out to be a "Walter Mitty", then I think this would be our death knell and the loyal few that are still there would leave (probably including myself)

To be honest I can't see your fan base growing that much. Problem with clubs who have moved to new town's is they done it took late imo.

Livingston was established as a town for around 20 years or so before the football club was there, perhaps if there had been a club there from the start both the town and club may have grown together with a better support.

However during that time the population would have went elsewhere to watch their football, given the location most would have been old firm and supporters of the two Edinburgh sides.

You would probably get more folk if you ever got back to the Premiership but how likely is that.

This is incorrect. There is no capacity for Livingston to grow, other than chucking more money you can't afford on the playing squad - which rules out financial stability. That's why every single one of your owners has, at some point or other, resorted to the same overspending in a desperate bid to drum up any sort of interest in your club from the wider town and region.

It's even less likely to succeed now than at any other time in the past.

Everyone just chuck it then, what's the point?