Quick Question Thread

Who's this famous "savo" I keep hearing about?

I mentioned him once, who else has?

And he started this thread called "Savo for Mod". It was genious and I supported him, hundreds of us did, but he never got made a mod! :angry:

Who's this famous "savo" I keep hearing about?

A really sad person who embarked on a crusade to be a "mod".

It failed and in his disgust, he created several aliases. All of which have been caught and banned.

Ps, Savo is a c**t smile.gif

I've searched for it but I can't find it.

I brought it back up a month or so ago, it hadn't been posted on in like a year and last month I posted "Savo for mod" on it and brought it back up, I looked for it last night as well. Looks like it's been deleted. :P

It is basically a system that hates footnotes. It's moronic, but certainly the Politics department insist on it at Glasgow (the Law School use footnotes).

This may be of use:

Step-by-step guide to Harvard Referencing

Probably not a good answer but I think the Harvard thing is just the standard way that you reference other people's work in an academic essay. Can't remember how to do it though. You probably knew that already though.

Anyway, see all the laws in Britain, are they written down somewhere for people to consult, like all in the one wee handbook or something?

Thanks for the help it was much appreciated. I had never heard of it before yesterday.

I mentioned him once, who else has?

And he started this thread called "Savo for Mod". It was genious and I supported him, hundreds of us did, but he never got made a mod! :angry:

A really sad person who embarked on a crusade to be a "mod".

It failed and in his disgust, he created several aliases. All of which have been caught and banned.

Ps, Savo is a c**t smile.gif

That was the 'new' Savo - the one I remember, and the one he should probably be best known for, is SavoTheGreat who was probably the best wind-up merchant on this website. Had all the diddy Dundee fans in cahoots in most threads and was actually a very good poster. Then all this 'Savo for mod' shit happened and he was awful after that.

You can probably tell that I'm extremely bored when I'm analysing a forum poster on a Friday night.

You can probably tell that I'm extremely bored when I'm analysing a forum poster on a Friday night.

By the looks of your age you should have been out partying, getting drunk and having sex hours ago! :P

Edited by Sooky

I was having a discussion with a guy at work and I stated as a fact that Terminator 2: Judgement Day was an 18 certificate at the cinema here but had minor edits when released on video to get a 15 certificate.

e.g.

When Sarah Conor wacks the assylum guard in the face with the broom handle, it was a bit more bloody and violent than on video.

I have a gid memory for useless trivia but wikipedia, or some other website, is stating it was a 15 at the cinema here. Does anyone else have the same recollection from 1991?

Clicky

The British Board of Film Classification requested some cuts before giving the film a "15" certificate in the UK (prior to it being passed uncut for the Special Edition DVD). For the cinema version edits were made to reduce the blows delivered to the security guard by Sarah with the wooden broom handle. The video versions were cut by a further 18 secs with edits to gunshots and blows including a reduction in the knee-capping scenes, closeups of stab wounds and a shortening to the scene of Sarah lock-picking. All the cuts were fully waived in 2001.

This would suggest that it initially had a 15 certificate.