Quick Question Thread

Some sentences are never spent but most of the rest eventually are. The organisation might ask you to disclose all convictions, regardless of them being spent, depending on the role. Normally the question would have an explanatory note to allow an accurate answer though.

How do I get rid of cats?

There are around half a dozen of the wee fuckers that come in and out of my garden at will. They shite everywhere. I've tried the chemical stuff that's meant to do the job and they basically laughed in my face.

I don't even have a big garden or any seeds or vegetables or anything. They just hate me. Needless to say I also hate them.

Apologies, should have made it clearer. It's fairly certain that no disclosure will be required, but if there is, it will only be a standard one, one which should not show anything over five years so long as the punishment wasn't a prison sentence.

I just want to be 100% sure that when I'm asked if I have a criminal conviction, I can say with a clear conscience that I don't, and it won't come back and bite me on the arse if they do go down the disclosure route.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/reforms-to-help-reduce-reoffending-come-into-force

It's all in here, I can't be arsed looking for the bits you need.

There are around half a dozen of the wee fuckers that come in and out of my garden at will. They shite everywhere. I've tried the chemical stuff that's meant to do the job and they basically laughed in my face.

I don't even have a big garden or any seeds or vegetables or anything. They just hate me. Needless to say I also hate them.

Get Hank in, he sort the gardening malarkey as well.

Flamethrower.gif

Oranges.

Or rather orange peel. They don't like orange oil much so that helps.

If that doesn't work then throw the oranges at the little fuckers.

Ahhh now we're talking. I'll be all over this shit.

I've taken to throwing water over them whenever I get the chance but they're too damn quick (or I'm too damn slow).

Get yourself a bigger cat

tiger-regal.jpg

Go to your local garden centre (Dobbies) and buy some Lion dung pellets. Scatter them about below your fence or stick a mitten full in some of your misses old tights and hang them about the boundaries of your garden. It worked for me when I had the same problem. It won't harm the cats but they are afraid of the smell of bigger predators so they tend to keep their distance.

If you are a cruel fecker though, sprinkle loads of ground pepper around the place and watch them sneeze. They will soon get the message.

I'm sure I'll get hit with absolute pelters, but here we go.

I am in the process of applying for a job with a fairly large Government-backed organisation. A few years ago, I was a naughty boy and got myself into bother with the Police, resulting in more than one criminal conviction.

As I understand it, as long as I never served a prison sentence then through the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, my conviction(s) are classed as spent after five years. My last criminal conviction was in 2007. Since then I have been arrested once or twice, but no further action was taken and was released.

The application has no mention of criminal convictions, however I've been assured that should I reach the interview stage, I will be asked if I have been in trouble. As the convictions are spent, it is my belief that I can say "No" when I'm asked, is that correct?

One final stumbling block however is that I received a £40 fixed fine for drinking in the street just over a year ago (I know, I should know better at 25). Should they probe further, is this likely to show up on a standard disclosure?

No.

I'm sure I'll get hit with absolute pelters, but here we go.

I am in the process of applying for a job with a fairly large Government-backed organisation. A few years ago, I was a naughty boy and got myself into bother with the Police, resulting in more than one criminal conviction.

As I understand it, as long as I never served a prison sentence then through the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, my conviction(s) are classed as spent after five years. My last criminal conviction was in 2007. Since then I have been arrested once or twice, but no further action was taken and was released.

The application has no mention of criminal convictions, however I've been assured that should I reach the interview stage, I will be asked if I have been in trouble. As the convictions are spent, it is my belief that I can say "No" when I'm asked, is that correct?

One final stumbling block however is that I received a £40 fixed fine for drinking in the street just over a year ago (I know, I should know better at 25). Should they probe further, is this likely to show up on a standard disclosure?

Standard disclosure no, but some government-related jobs - armed forces or police for instance - understandably dig a bit deeper.

Thanks for the responses, I thought that would be the case regarding the fine as well.

You'll be fine as long as the commuter you forced to move to a different seat to accommodate your pram isn't the hiring officer! ;)

Batter them over the head and then leave the bodies right on the side of your nearest busy road. Nobody ever suspects a thing. Maybe trickier with 6 mind you.