Who's Going To Uni?

I am also going to be around low A (you don't get high As) and high B like Ad Lib - who I saw today but I don't think he recognised me unsure.gif

I recognised you. I was just pre-occupied. Last exam (Human Rights). Went not too badly (was a decent paper). Would hope to have finished on a B1. May or may not have consumed a lot of alcohol afterwards. Now off until September all going well :D

They must be the most despised University in Scotland? Yah c***s.

These c***s are an embarrassment to the uni, can't stand them.

Have you seen they charge £20 for their 'album' and claim its for charity?

Edited by FifeSons

Had my Wireless Technology exam today, was rather worried about it, far too many acronyms and standards to remember but luckily two of the questions were on subjects I had revised for!

Got Database Applications tomorrow, a class I rarely attended and hate. Meh.

As judgemental and class prejudiced as this undoubtedly makes me, I automatically think that anyone who is wearing a Barbour jacket and Hunter boots whilst not physically on a farm is a c**t.

That song seems to be celebrating those sorts of people. Cringeworthy.

Glasgow Uni doesn't seem to be too bad for them but I know a few folk like that here, quite a few in Edinburgh as well. Until a couple of years ago I didn't think those sorts of people actually existed.

Since it's the best in the country for most subjects perhaps?

Based on what criteria, out of interest?

If it ultimately boils down to vague indicators like graduate employability then I suspect the prestigious name, and in many cases, mummy/daddy's connections that count for much more than the actual standard of teaching.

Not everyone at St Andrews is a complete w****r like 'the other guys'.

It's certain to have an unparalleled Scottish university 'wankers: good guys' ratio though.

Edited by vikingTON

Based on what criteria, out of interest?

If it ultimately boils down to vague indicators like graduate employability then I suspect the prestigious name, and in many cases, mummy/daddy's connections that count for much more than the actual standard of teaching.

Personally, the reason that I chose it was that it impressed me more than any other university that I been to visit or had read about. It had an excellent reputation for what I wanted to do, and as far as I could see was the best in the country for it (not to mention some of the groundbreaking research coming from St Andrews). Also, since the entry requirements are considerably higher than other universities in Scotland, there is (in general) a higher standard of student. As for the quality of teaching, I can assure you it is of a very high standard.

So what if the prestigious name boosts employability? If it helps me to get a job, I couldn't care less.

It's certain to have an unparalleled Scottish university 'wankers: good guys' ratio though.

True, and this did almost put me off going at first, but I looked past that and have met plenty people that are good guys.

Edited by FifeSons

Also, since the entry requirements are considerably higher than other universities in Scotland, there is (in general) a higher standard of student. .

I bet you will find that this is because they choose to offer less places to Scottish students than other universities in Scotland. Hence it becomes supply and demand.

Because they suck the A Level cock.

Since it's the best in the country for most subjects perhaps?

Not everyone at St Andrews is a complete w****r like 'the other guys'.

They don't even *do* the important subjects like law or dentistry. St Andrews is a b*****d English outpost for Oxbridge and Durham rejects and should be shut.

Edited by Ad Lib

St Andrews is a b*****d English outpost for Oxbridge and Durham rejects and should be shut.

Correct. This can be considered fine, depending on your viewpoints, but to claim that it's approach is on an academic basis, and not a deliberate ideological and financial basis is laughable.

St Andrew's has been happy to portray itself as, and recruit on the basis of being, a handy Northern backup if young Montague doesn't go to Oxers. It's a Rejects Retreat.

Correct. This can be considered fine, depending on your viewpoints, but to claim that it's approach is on an academic basis, and not a deliberate ideological and financial basis is laughable.

St Andrew's has been happy to portray itself as, and recruit on the basis of being, a handy Northern backup if young Montague doesn't go to Oxers. It's a Rejects Retreat.

I don't see the logic behind suggesting St Andrews is bad because it's an Oxbridge rejects retreat. How does that make it a bad university? Surely if a candidate gets rejected from his first choice, they will accept the second best one? Why would you want to go to a lesser university?

I don't see the logic behind suggesting St Andrews is bad because it's an Oxbridge rejects retreat. How does that make it a bad university? Surely if a candidate gets rejected from his first choice, they will accept the second best one? Why would you want to go to a lesser university?

Those who apply to Oxbridge have a pretty high percentage chance of being a c**t. Those who get rejected from Oxbridge and see St Andrews as the next best thing must be odds-on c***s.

Those who apply to Oxbridge have a pretty high percentage chance of being a c**t. Those who get rejected from Oxbridge and see St Andrews as the next best thing must be odds-on c***s.

That's a pretty narrow minded view. Also, what does that have to do with the quality of the university?

Something I've noticed is that with most universities in Scotland most people seem to know people who go to them, or you'll meet people from the other Scottish unis on night's out etc, I don't think I've ever met anyone who's gone to St Andrews, even when I've been out in Dundee.

Perhaps it's just luck, but I've always had the impression that they keep themselves to themselves.

Something I've noticed is that with most universities in Scotland most people seem to know people who go to them, or you'll meet people from the other Scottish unis on night's out etc, I don't think I've ever met anyone who's gone to St Andrews, even when I've been out in Dundee.

Perhaps it's just luck, but I've always had the impression that they keep themselves to themselves.

We've all seen the big eared boys on farms...

I could have chose Edinburgh Uni but I wanted to go to Stirling. Does this make me a philistine?